PDA

View Full Version : Strumm

RichH55
02-25-2002, 04:01 AM
Anyone know what the prognosis on his future is? I was there when he threw out the first pitch after he signed his contract, so it really helps the anctedotes if he makes it:)

kermittheefrog
02-25-2002, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
Anyone know what the prognosis on his future is? I was there when he threw out the first pitch after he signed his contract, so it really helps the anctedotes if he makes it:)

Sickels had a very positive outlook for Stumm in the Minor League Scouting Notebook. He gave him a C+ for a grade but that's damn good for a pitcher who has never seen AA and threw just 12 innings due to injury.

btw Rich - It's Stumm not Strumm. I think your anecdotes would be assisted by getting his name correctly :smile:

RichH55
02-25-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Sickels had a very positive outlook for Stumm in the Minor League Scouting Notebook. He gave him a C+ for a grade but that's damn good for a pitcher who has never seen AA and threw just 12 innings due to injury.

btw Rich - It's Stumm not Strumm. I think your anecdotes would be assisted by getting his name correctly :smile:

Kermit I have posted more than enough here so that you should know I never letting spelling or grammar get in the way of a good story:)

Vsahajpal
02-25-2002, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by RichH55

Stumm was sitting at 92-93 late in the year, which is a good sign.

kermittheefrog
02-25-2002, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

Stumm was sitting at 92-93 late in the year, which is a good sign.

Very good, hopefully he'll get back to where he was before the injury 94-96.

RedPinStripes
02-25-2002, 07:18 AM
Could this be a guy we see in mid season or in 2003?

kermittheefrog
02-25-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Could this be a guy we see in mid season or in 2003?

Not even close, 2004 at the very earliest.