PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Mogul 2007

gobears1987
09-01-2006, 05:55 PM
I just purchased this game. I haven't bought any previous versions. I'm wondering what everyone thinks of this game.

Domeshot17
09-01-2006, 06:16 PM
IIRC baseball mogul is like a baseball simulation correct?

If it was I am thinking of I use out of the park baseball, which I love

russ99
09-02-2006, 10:23 AM
I've been a Baseball Mogul fan for years! A really fun game, but addicting as crack. Out of the Park is a bit too much micromanaging for me, but Mogul has just the right amount of roster tweaking for my taste, and a nice agent negotiations mode for contracts and player signings with service time and option years. I hear they're adding waivers this season.

The best part is that you can start with any team in baseball history and the players that go into each amateur draft are accurate to that season. Also expansion drafts and team moving happens when it should. I hope they used realistic salaries for earlier eras this season since it sucks when you have to pay Willie Mays $20m a season! My only gripe is no Mac version?!?

DSpivack
09-02-2006, 11:00 AM
I've been a Baseball Mogul fan for years! A really fun game, but addicting as crack. Out of the Park is a bit too much micromanaging for me, but Mogul has just the right amount of roster tweaking for my taste, and a nice agent negotiations mode for contracts and player signings with service time and option years. I hear they're adding waivers this season.

The best part is that you can start with any team in baseball history and the players that go into each amateur draft are accurate to that season. Also expansion drafts and team moving happens when it should. I hope they used realistic salaries for earlier eras this season since it sucks when you have to pay Willie Mays $20m a season! My only gripe is no Mac version?!?

I love it, as well. OOTP is a much more in-depth game, and when I'm feeling ambitious I will start a game like that. But I end up playing Mogul much more, as it has just as much management as I want, but not so much as that a season takes quite a few hours.

EndemicSox
09-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Fun game, check out Front Office Football as well, probably the, well IMO, there is no question FOF is the best game in the sports sim/GM genre.

CLR01
09-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Fun game, check out Front Office Football as well, probably the, well IMO, there is no question FOF is the best game in the sports sim/GM genre.

You are the only person I've heard give that game a positive review.

DSpivack
09-03-2006, 01:56 AM

Football Mogul is quite dissapointing. Have yet to find a football sim as good as Baseball Mogul or OOTP. Then again, no baseball video game is as good as Madden.

Kub_Killer_15
09-03-2006, 02:22 AM
This might seem wierd but I never heard of it:redface:

What can you do in the game?

Parrothead
09-03-2006, 03:45 AM

I am a big fan of Front Office Football too. And Baseball Mogul rocks !

Domeshot17
09-03-2006, 12:32 PM
basically baseball mogul diamond mind baseball and out of the park baseball are all baseball simulations, with OOTP a way more in depth. You can run a league online or just one on your computer. You draft players, make line ups, sign FA's trade players manage a 40 man roster, set ticket prices, etc etc etc. There are players that will be loyal to their team and take the hometown discount, and others who want money money money monnneeeyyy.

Diamond mind is a rip off, unless its changed. It was 90 bucks when I bought it, and players don't ever change. OOTP players develop, get older, demand trades, retire, prospects develop, bust out, take talent hits. Baseball Mogul I never played in depth.

OOTP also created a game called ITP (inside the park baseball) where you run a single player. you can demand trades and go for the big bucks, instead of being the gm, you are the player.

all of the games they have (boxing football etc) can be found at ootpdevelopments.com

and while we are on the talks of sports simulation, anyone ever use TNM7 wrestling simulator??

MrRoboto83
09-03-2006, 01:04 PM
I agree Baseball Moguel is quite addicting. It can be hard to get a small market team into the World Series. The first time I played the game I had the Devil Rays 150 million in debt.

DSpivack
09-03-2006, 06:52 PM
I agree Baseball Moguel is quite addicting. It can be hard to get a small market team into the World Series. The first time I played the game I had the Devil Rays 150 million in debt.
Besides the White Sox, my favorite thing to do is try and make a dynasty of a small-market team. Royals, Marlins, etc. I've gotten them to make the playoffs consistently in 4-5 years, but winning the WS is harder.

Another aspect of Baseball Mogul I love is that you can play any team, any year. You want to see how you can do with Joe Jackson and the 1917 White Sox, go ahead.

I'm currently playing in 2007, started with the Sox in 1994. Won first WS in 2005, then won again in 2006.:cool:

MrX
09-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Casey Rogowski just won the 2011 NL MVP:rolling:

russ99
09-06-2006, 10:50 AM

FOF is quite good and I like football sim games - hey I even got NFL Head Coach for the PS2!

But sorry, no way is it the best. Unfortunately I am one of the millions worldwide addicted to the "Football Manager" series of soccer management games. Without a doubt that's the best sport sim game ever made.

check it out: linky (http://www.sigames.com)

I have it on PC and Mac - even on my PSP!

eriqjaffe
09-06-2006, 11:09 AM
FOF is quite good and I like football sim games - hey I even got NFL Head Coach for the PS2!

But sorry, no way is it the best. Unfortunately I am one of the millions worldwide addicted to the "Football Manager" series of soccer management games. Without a doubt that's the best sport sim game ever made.

check it out: linky (http://www.sigames.com)

I have it on PC and Mac - even on my PSP!Yeah, SI is now the company that produces OOTP. Personally, my favorite baseball management sim is OOTP 6.5 - I find the new version to be a little TOO in-depth.

FWIW, I have a long-running solo league in OOTP 6.5 which I started with the 2004 Sox. I have taken them all the way into 2016, and have won the AL Central division every year since 2005 - although it took me until 2014 to finally win the World Series (I lost in 2010)...Mark Buehrle is a 300-game winner and still going strong at age 37 - in 2005, he started off the year with 20 straight victories before losing one, which would be an MLB record in real life...

SouthSoxFan
09-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Check out PureSim Baseball, www.puresim.com

Very nice product. Started about 6 years ago, written by an independent developer. In the same genre as OOTP. It has gained some momentum this year, and is now published by Matrix Games.