PDA

View Full Version : Dye on Rome

Mots09
08-31-2006, 11:46 AM
Rome asked JD about the issue on the northside and players crying about racist fans. Rome said have you experienced that on the soutside?

JD- No way the fans are great and never had one issue w/ that.

russ99
08-31-2006, 11:49 AM
Rome asked JD about the issue on the northside and players crying about racist fans. Rome said have you experienced that on the soutside?

So true, but yet also so sweet to call out the stinkin Cub fans at the same time!!:D:

Chisox003
08-31-2006, 11:51 AM
The national media, or media in general for that matter, can't go one interview (with a member of the Sox) without mentioning something related to the Cubs.

It's pathetic. Yes, we play in the same city, but there's not many other similarities between the two.

It's awesome to hear JD say that though, don't get me wrong.

Jaffar
08-31-2006, 11:55 AM
Was that the whole interview?

LuvSox
08-31-2006, 11:56 AM

Damn right, we rule Chicago!!!!!

Mots09
08-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Basically interview consisted of Romey pumping JD for MVP.

JD said biggest reason he is performing this year at such a high level is b/c of the great lineup around him and finally being 100% healthy.

JD thinks team is poised for another run at it, but admits it's a lot tougher than last year b/c they take everyone's best. Even mentioned how the Royals are going to play a major role as a spoiler.

JD addressed how goofy AJ was. Rome loves AJ and that's why that was brought up. JD said AJ does some odd stuff, but he loves the game and plays it hard and that has to be respected.

MrRoboto83
08-31-2006, 12:08 PM
The national media, or media in general for that matter, can't go one interview (with a member of the Sox) without mentioning something related to the Cubs.

It's pathetic. Yes, we play in the same city, but there's not many other similarities between the two.

It's awesome to hear JD say that though, don't get me wrong.

I agree, it gets old. Not to mention this raceism issue on the northside is also getting old. I guess we can tease Flub fans about this for years, just like no one will forget about the "fans" entering the field of play on the southside.

Dan Mega
08-31-2006, 12:30 PM
JD said biggest reason he is performing this year at such a high level is b/c of the great lineup around him and finally being 100% healthy.

Jermaine knows there is no "I" in "team". God Bless the man. He rocks.

areilly
08-31-2006, 12:32 PM

I think given the context, it was less about the Cubs and more about the Sox outclassing them in YET another area. Rome's not a stupid guy and it's a safe bet he knew the answer before JD gave it. In one stroke, the Sox fanbase gets bumped up a small notch and the Cubs fanbase gets cut down a small notch. Yay.

MarySwiss
09-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Jermaine Dye is amazing!! He was just on Rome Is Burning and he was fantastic. Said all the right things, and it was obvious he meant them.

Rome asked him about signing with the Sox when Arizona offered him more money and he replied that he had gone over the team on paper with Kenny and already had an oral agreement and even though it would be nice to play at home (he lives in the Valley) and make more money, he wanted to win and have fun.

He also talked about how great the clubhouse atmosphere is and said that the team wants to win the division, but down the stretch, if it meant the WC...we'd have to wait and see.

Asked about the MVP, he talked about Jeter and Ortiz and how good they are and how glad he was to be considered along with them. He also said he was glad to be sitting here a World Champion and WS MVP winner!

GREAT interview!!!

fquaye149
09-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Jermaine Dye is amazing!! He was just on Rome Is Burning and he was fantastic. Said all the right things, and it was obvious he meant them.

Rome asked him about signing with the Sox when Arizona offered him more money and he replied that he had gone over the team on paper with Kenny and already had an oral agreement and even though it would be nice to play at home (he lives in the Valley) and make more money, he wanted to win and have fun.

He also talked about how great the clubhouse atmosphere is and said that the team wants to win the division, but down the stretch, if it meant the WC...we'd have to wait and see.

Asked about the MVP, he talked about Jeter and Ortiz and how good they are and how glad he was to be considered along with them. He also said he was glad to be sitting here a World Champion and WS MVP winner!

GREAT interview!!!

What a class act! What a great representative for the team.

It seems Jermaine always does the right things (ESPECIALLY at the plate!!!)

Frankfan4life
09-01-2006, 11:51 PM
I'm really sorry I missed the interview but I'm glad JD got the well-deserved exposure. He really is a class act and is consistenly solid. I count him and Garland as the two main reasons we're still in the playoff race.

The Racehorse
09-02-2006, 09:27 AM

GREAT interview!!!

I missed the TV interview, but listenend to the radio interview. Jermaine answered all of Rome's questions on the radio show in the same manner you just layed out.

Great exposure for Jermaine... great exposure for the Sox.