PDA

View Full Version : Last nights experince

Law11
08-31-2006, 08:26 AM
Ok so I'm sitting in row AA just pased the security guards (3b) and 3
balls get it down the line (fair balls) and all 3 stop dead at my feet
down the line.. Never been so close to something i couldnt touch.
(except the trophy) Ok Carl Crawford is a bug guy.. he looks like 5'9 on TV.
While everyone was yelling u suck to him I yell at him wouldnt you like to play here Carl... He looks up and smiles after throwing the ball in and says
Hell Yeh...

So Kenny if your reading this I layed the groundwork for you...

Ok so whats the deal with the guy updating the scores at the game.
I found out that Detroit had won via my phone/internet about 10 minutes
before it finally got posted. With all the realtime data out there how hard is is to change a score elecronically as it happens..

And my vote for most personable sox in uniform.. Man Soo Lee.
That guy out of the blue comes into the stands next to me and calls a women 10 rows up to come down with her 6 month old. Pulls aball out signs it and talks with her about her baby.. She had no idea who he was until her husband who must have been getting food comes down and sees her talking with him. It was pretty funny. Whata good guy.

I did get ticked last night like everyone else with PODS but man the folks
behind us were riding him all nght. AT OUR OWN PLACE... Cmon..

I put some images of last night in the US Cellular section and are pending.

Go get em today guys!

digdagdug23
08-31-2006, 08:34 AM
Ok Carl Crawford is a bug guy.. he looks like 5'9 on TV.
While everyone was yelling u suck to him I yell at him wouldnt you like to play here Carl... He looks up and smiles after throwing the ball in and says
Hell Yeh...

Well I am sure that is a relief to KW, he has been trying to work that deal for years now :redneck

Does Carl have cooties, or is he an entimologist on the side?

hi im skot
08-31-2006, 09:04 AM
down the line..

What section were you in last night? I was in section 151 and had two drunk college kids a row ahead of me yelling at Crawford all night.

jenn2080
08-31-2006, 09:20 AM
down the line.. Never been so close to something i couldnt touch.
(except the trophy) Ok Carl Crawford is a bug guy.. he looks like 5'9 on TV.
Hell Yeh...

before it finally got posted. With all the realtime data out there how hard is is to change a score elecronically as it happens..

And my vote for most personable sox in uniform.. Man Soo Lee.
That guy out of the blue comes into the stands next to me and calls a women 10 rows up to come down with her 6 month old. Pulls aball out signs it and talks with her about her baby.. She had no idea who he was until her husband who must have been getting food comes down and sees her talking with him. It was pretty funny. Whata good guy.

I did get ticked last night like everyone else with PODS but man the folks
behind us were riding him all nght. AT OUR OWN PLACE... Cmon..

I put some images of last night in the US Cellular section and are pending.

Go get em today guys!

Man Soo is like the White Sox welcome wagon. He is always waving to fans and talking to him. Best Bullpen catcher out there. Yesterdays crowd was fairly good. I had 2 guys at two different times turn to me and say wow you know alot about baseball for a girl. I was stunned but def had good come backs for them then I dont feel the need to post.

INSox56
08-31-2006, 09:29 AM
I took pics Tuesday night from our seats behind our pen of carl and was going to post them but haven't DLed them from my camera yet. Was going to say something like "I could get used to seeing this from right field with OUR jersey on....."

I yelled a few times Tuesday night "I HOPE YOU LIKE PLAYING HERE CARL" and a few "SEE YOU NEXT YEAR" shouts. :wink:

Edit: and Man Soo is the best ever.

Law11
08-31-2006, 09:32 AM
What section were you in last night? I was in section 151 and had two drunk college kids a row ahead of me yelling at Crawford all night.

I was in 152. I heard those kids.
I was in the front row with my Notre Dame jersey on.

WhiteSox1983
08-31-2006, 10:16 AM
I was thinkin bout crawford, and how good he would be on the sox. I like podsednik, but being able to upgrade to someone like crawford would be amazing.

eurotrash35
08-31-2006, 10:20 AM
cool. thanks for sharing. :cool:

Foulke You
08-31-2006, 10:24 AM
I was thinkin bout crawford, and how good he would be on the sox. I like podsednik, but being able to upgrade to someone like crawford would be amazing.
An outfield of Crawford, Anderson, and Dye would be pretty damn good. You wouldn't sacrifice a ton of speed either because Crawford steals a lot of bases. The only thing is that Crawford isn't what I would call a leadoff man. He has too much pop in his bat to hit him 1st. The Sox would have to consider converting Iguchi into a leadoff man.

BigPapaPump
08-31-2006, 10:42 AM
An outfield of Crawford, Anderson, and Dye would be pretty damn good. You wouldn't sacrifice a ton of speed either because Crawford steals a lot of bases. The only thing is that Crawford isn't what I would call a leadoff man. He has too much pop in his bat to hit him 1st. The Sox would have to consider converting Iguchi into a leadoff man.

In fact you'd be gaining speed! That dude is a base stealing machine!

Bob G
08-31-2006, 11:07 AM
I've been thinking the same thing the last two games watching Crawford play. The D-Rays need pitching so what will it take to get him? ... maybe Pods + Freddy??

robiwho
08-31-2006, 11:07 AM
I had 2 guys at two different times turn to me and say wow you know alot about baseball for a girl. I was stunned but def had good come backs for them then I dont feel the need to post.

It cracks me up when that happens. There was a guy behind us last night who was at his first game and didn't know much about baseball. He was asking his friend questions about the game and at one point his friend couldn't answer a question about intentional walks, so I turned around and explained the situation to him. He thanked me, and my brother (with whom I attend most games) said, "Gee, you know a lot about baseball for a girl. I thought you were just here because Scott Podsednik is cute." :D:

jenn2080
08-31-2006, 11:09 AM
It cracks me up when that happens. There was a guy behind us last night who was at his first game and didn't know much about baseball. He was asking his friend questions about the game and at one point his friend couldn't answer a question about intentional walks, so I turned around and explained the situation to him. He thanked me, and my brother (with whom I attend most games) said, "Gee, you know a lot about baseball for a girl. I thought you were just here because Scott Podsednik is cute." :D:

you go for pods huh...i prefer to go for thorton. now he is HOT! :D:

russ99
08-31-2006, 11:10 AM
Man, I love Pods (geez, what's up with all the booing at the Cell lately?!? :angry: ), but Crawford would be awesome in a Sox uniform. Too bad it would take at least 2 major leaguers and the farm to get him.

Max Power
08-31-2006, 11:13 AM

It's always been like that. I remember watching a game on TV a couple years ago and Hawk saying something like, "The out of town scoreboard is showing team x and team y are in the top of the 9th inning. That game ended 2 hours ago."

That's just laughable in this age of communication. One of my few gripes with Comiskey these days. Yep, I'm complaining about the out of town scoreboard. Gotta complain about something, right? :D:

EDIT: Add me to the list of people who would LOVE to see Crawford in a Sox uniform. Been a fan of his for awhile.

Sargeant79
08-31-2006, 11:17 AM
I've been thinking the same thing the last two games watching Crawford play. The D-Rays need pitching so what will it take to get him? ... maybe Pods + Freddy??

The D-Rays wouldn't Freddy or any other one of our starting 5...too expensive. They would probably want at least a major leaguer plus 2 top prospects. They are notorious for overvaluing their own players. As much as I'd love to see Crawford here, I'd be very surprised if it happens.

robiwho
08-31-2006, 11:21 AM

Not at all. The reason he said that (and it was very much in teal when he said it) is that I don't find Scott at all attractive -- and I constantly :rolleyes: at women who come to the ballpark just to see him.

skottyj242
08-31-2006, 11:26 AM

I'm hot.

jenn2080
08-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Not at all. The reason he said that (and it was very much in teal when he said it) is that I don't find Scott at all attractive -- and I constantly :rolleyes: at women who come to the ballpark just to see him.

i was kidding about the pods thing

twsoxfan5
08-31-2006, 12:32 PM
Man, I love Pods (geez, what's up with all the booing at the Cell lately?!? :angry: ), but Crawford would be awesome in a Sox uniform. Too bad it would take at least 2 major leaguers and the farm to get him.

I dont yell things at Pods but I do not think he has a place on this team anymore. He is the biggest rally killer this year and there is no one I would like to see less at the plate in late innnings than Podsednik. I know he did a lot for us last year but this year his batting average is below average, he rarely steals anymore, and he is a defensive liability. Sorry ladies but I think he is gone after this year.