PDA

View Full Version : Green Seat Update

Pages : [1] 2

Trav
08-30-2006, 11:19 PM
The completion of the installation of green seats will occur before the start of the 2007 season, regardless of whether the Sox reach the playoffs, said Brooks Boyer, vice president of marketing. Seats down the left- and right-field lines will be installed so that they will face more toward home plate than the outfield, in an effort to further accommodate season ticket-holders in those sections. The alteration won't affect U.S. Cellular Field's seating capacity. The Fox network will televise the Sox's Sept. 16 game at Oakland.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-060830soxbits,1,6886190.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

The important thing is that they will face home-ward. What good news!

batmanZoSo
08-30-2006, 11:21 PM
That is awesome. Those seats will be vastly improved down the lines. I usually avoid sitting there because my neck ends up hurting at the end of the day.

LuvSox
08-30-2006, 11:22 PM
That is awesome. Those seats will be vastly improved down the lines. I usually avoid sitting there because my neck ends up hurting at the end of the day.

Just look at the dreamy outfielders.

TheOldRoman
08-30-2006, 11:27 PM
Tigers lose, Twins Lose, Sox win, and now the seats will face homeplate? Good lord. The only thing that could make this night better was a decent pitch from the Proctologist to the Belt Stealer and a Yankee sweep of the Tigers.

Dibbs
08-30-2006, 11:38 PM
That's great news they are changing the angle of those seats. It sounds crazy to complain about sitting in the first row or two....but those are really bad seats with that angle. Your neck is sore for a couple days after sitting down there.

Parrothead
08-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Now only if the Sox would build a grand entrance or a home run porch.

IlliniSox4Life
08-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Wow, great to hear they are angling them. I'm glad now they waited the extra season to install the seats down the line because as far as I know, as of last season when they were supposed to do them all, they didn't have plans to angle them. It's worth the eyesore for a year to get it done right.

MrRoboto83
08-30-2006, 11:47 PM
It would be nice to have seats like some movie theaters that rock back at the ballpark.

TheOldRoman
08-30-2006, 11:52 PM
Now only if the Sox would build a grand entrance or a home run porch. I'll do you one better:

The SOX should be ashamed. This is another mark on the long list of black eyes for the SOX organization. Why weren't the seats done in this offseason? The SOX lied and said it couldn't be done. St. Louis installed 45,000 seats this offseason and we can't install 35,000? The average temperature is the same in both cities, but they lied and said it was too cold. Why wasn't it too cold in St. Louis?! The SOX were too CHEAP and STUPID, they only hired a 5 man crew, because they didn't want to pay to get the job done. It is embarrassing to see blue seats mixed with green. The nation is laughing at us. The SOX have become a laughingstock. First, they trade LEE (the greatest player of all-time) for a GLORIFIED SINGLES HITTER because they were cheap and stupid (Lee will probably get a 10 year/ $750 mill contract). Then they sign Jermaine Dye when they could have had Jeromy Burnitz or Jose Cruz Jr (end the Jermaine Dye experiment NOW). Then they get rid of John Rooney because he wanted money. And now it will take them THREE offseasons to change seats that should have been changed 15 years ago. If I wasn't so obsessed with hating the cubs I would have no reason to root for the SOX at all. hehe

Lets see if that gets him out of retirement.:D:

hanger
08-31-2006, 12:04 AM
I'll do you one better:

The SOX should be ashamed. This is another mark on the long list of black eyes for the SOX organization. Why weren't the seats done in this offseason? The SOX lied and said it couldn't be done. St. Louis installed 45,000 seats this offseason and we can't install 35,000? The average temperature is the same in both cities, but they lied and said it was too cold. Why wasn't it too cold in St. Louis?! The SOX were too CHEAP and STUPID, they only hired a 5 man crew, because they didn't want to pay to get the job done. It is embarrassing to see blue seats mixed with green. The nation is laughing at us. The SOX have become a laughingstock. First, they trade LEE (the greatest player of all-time) for a GLORIFIED SINGLES HITTER because they were cheap and stupid (Lee will probably get a 10 year/ $750 mill contract). Then they sign Jermaine Dye when they could have had Jeromy Burnitz or Jose Cruz Jr (end the Jermaine Dye experiment NOW). Then they get rid of John Rooney because he wanted money. And now it will take them THREE offseasons to change seats that should have been changed 15 years ago. If I wasn't so obsessed with hating the cubs I would have no reason to root for the SOX at all. hehe

It's not me, but... classic!!

fquaye149
08-31-2006, 12:08 AM
I'll do you one better:

The SOX should be ashamed.
This is Another mark on the long list of
black EYES for the SOX organization. Why
weren't the seats done in this offseason? The SOX lied and said it couldn't be done.
St. Louis installed 45,000 Seats this OFFSEASON and we can't install 35,000? The average temperature is the same in both cities,
but they LIED and said it was too cold. Why Wasn't IT too cold in St. Louis?!
The SOX were too CHEAP and STUPID, they only Hired a 5 man CREW,
Because they didn't want to pay to get the job done. It is EMBARASSING to see blue seats mixed with green.
The nation is laughing at us. The SOX have become a laughingstock.
First, they trade LEE (the greatest player of all-time)
for a GLORIFIED SINGLES HITTER because they were CHEAP and Stupid
(Lee will probably get a 10 year/ $750 mill contract). T
THEN they sign Jermaine DYE when they could have had Jeromy Burnitz or Jose Cruz Jr
(end the Jermaine Dye experiment NOW). Then they get rid of John Rooney
Because he wanted money. And now it will take them THREE Offseasons to change seats that should have been changed 15 years ago.
If I wasn't so obsessed with HATING the cubs I would have no reason to root for the SOX at all. hehe

fixed it for you. You also forgot to mention Reinsdorf and Jim Hendry. Oh, and throw in a "heh heh"

But well done;-)

Nellie_Fox
08-31-2006, 12:37 AM
It would be nice to have seats like some movie theaters that rock back at the ballpark.NO IT WOULDN'T!

My knees are already jammed into the seatback in front of me. All I need is to have that person leaning back and fracturing my kneecaps.

MrRoboto83
08-31-2006, 06:43 AM
NO IT WOULDN'T!

My knees are already jammed into the seatback in front of me. All I need is to have that person leaning back and fracturing my kneecaps.

I meant of course removing every other row of seats to pull this off. Who cares about attendance numbers.:D:

GoSox2K3
08-31-2006, 09:08 AM
The completion of the installation of green seats will occur before the start of the 2007 season, regardless of whether the Sox reach the playoffs, said Brooks Boyer, vice president of marketing. Seats down the left- and right-field lines will be installed so that they will face more toward home plate than the outfield, in an effort to further accommodate season ticket-holders in those sections. The alteration won't affect U.S. Cellular Field's seating capacity. The Fox network will televise the Sox's Sept. 16 game at Oakland.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-060830soxbits,1,6886190.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

The important thing is that they will face home-ward. What good news!

Wait a minute, some of the great minds at WSI insisted there was absolutely nothing wrong with the angle of any of the lower deck seats. Have these seats become magically misaligned over the last two years? If not, why are the Sox fixing a problem that doesn't exist? Especially since it's practically impossible to do so without a major reconstruction.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26278 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26278)

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25223 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25223&highlight=lower+deck)

batmanZoSo
08-31-2006, 09:21 AM
Wait a minute, some of the great minds at WSI insisted there was absolutely nothing wrong with the angle of any of the lower deck seats. Have these seats become magically misaligned over the last two years? If not, why are the Sox fixing a problem that doesn't exist? Especially since it's practically impossible to do so without a major reconstruction.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26278 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26278)

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25223 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25223&highlight=lower+deck)

Some old threads there, wow. But at least I'm consistent--I didn't like those seats then and I don't like them now. :wink:

Most parks don't have great seats down the lines. Ours were never terrible, but this just makes them better.

INSox56
08-31-2006, 09:22 AM
I love this organization and Brooks. I'd guarantee you that they'd not planned on angling those seats, but our Front Office people actually say PLEASE SEND US YOUR FEEDBACK and really mean that they'll listen, which I'd bet is where this idea came from. People like me sending in the idea to brooks. I also recommended that they put a second pitch speed board behind home plate/another area of the park so that everyone in the OF doesn't have to completely turn around to look at it. Especially with the emergence of Jenks and Thornton speedwatching.

paciorek1983
08-31-2006, 10:42 PM
I love this organization and Brooks. I'd guarantee you that they'd not planned on angling those seats, but our Front Office people actually say PLEASE SEND US YOUR FEEDBACK and really mean that they'll listen, which I'd bet is where this idea came from. People like me sending in the idea to brooks. I also recommended that they put a second pitch speed board behind home plate/another area of the park so that everyone in the OF doesn't have to completely turn around to look at it. Especially with the emergence of Jenks and Thornton speedwatching.

Hopefully, they're listening to the idea of keeping the organ as part of White Sox baseball as well.

thomas35forever
08-31-2006, 11:11 PM
Hopefully, they're listening to the idea of keeping the organ as part of White Sox baseball as well.
If the organ goes completely, all the zest from Old Comiskey Park will likely be gone. I was too young when they closed it and I never went to a game there, but that's just my opinion.

Hitmen77
09-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Some old threads there, wow. But at least I'm consistent--I didn't like those seats then and I don't like them now. :wink:

Most parks don't have great seats down the lines. Ours were never terrible, but this just makes them better.

This just shows that raising issues doesn't always equal whining - despite what some WSI elders say. If Sox fans hadn't raised complaints about the park, then they wouldn't have given us the renovations.

The Sox have really done a stunning job with the ballpark renovations. What they've done almost looks like a checklist of Sox fan "wish lists" that were thrown around before the renovations started. I'm very interested in seeing how the new seats will look next April. Maybe I'll be able to get tickets to the next Ring Day to see for myself. :cool:

The only big issue I have remaining with the park is how the auxiliary scoreboard (you know, the one that actually has game information on it) is obstructed by Fundamentals for many, many seats down the 3rd base line. I hope the Sox find a way so that most fans can actually see basic stats such as R-H-E totals and the inning by inning line score.

doogiec
09-01-2006, 12:27 PM
The only big issue I have remaining with the park is how the auxiliary scoreboard (you know, the one that actually has game information on it) is obstructed by Fundamentals for many, many seats down the 3rd base line. I hope the Sox find a way so that most fans can actually see basic stats such as R-H-E totals and the inning by inning line score.

A simple solution (of course every solution is simple when you're talking about someone else's money) is to replace the outdated out of town scoreboards with a dot matrix type board that could have the out of town scores on top and the Sox line score and batter stats on the bottom.

On days that there are not many out of town games, they could use the additional space on the board for ads.

whitesoxwin
09-01-2006, 12:40 PM
I really like the idea of angled seats.
There are a couple other ideas (I already emailed Brooks):

Put up a score board in right---like the one in left center--so the fans sitting down the left field line can see it--damn Fundamentals blocks the view.
Get rid of the canned music-hire another organist (leave Nancy on days or whenever she feels like it)--we need to hear "Na-Na-Na Kiss 'em Goodbye" when an opposing pitcher is yanked--especially after giving up the lead or putting runner on in a tight game. The music and the inevitable rally horn (calvery bugle call) when we have 2 out and one on early in the game (It's O.K. late in the game) and quit playing "Let's Go-Go-White Sox" after (what it seems) every big hit--to me it is getting old (Sorry to those of you who think this is what should be done --I mean I love the song, but there should be limitations) and of, course "Thunderstruck" during the game--this what Sox fans expect at the start of the game, along with video!
Once and for all, post on the big screen about throwing back balls or anything on the field could result in ejection from the game--just the same as the ground rules about going onto the field. This is not Wrigley Field--as the bangwagoners seem to think throwing back homerun balls is part of baseball. A Sox tradition should become the law!!
Open up the Fan Deck for WSI'ers (possibly combine with the other recognized White Sox fan boards) for a game or two--could be a similar deal as the patio area--start with beer/food before, then pay beer/food after wards. Seating-first come basis. Would be pretty cool.
Have a drawing for WSI'ers and, again, for the other recognized White Sox Fan boards, to throw out a first pitch--would be cool.That's all folks!

gaelhound
09-01-2006, 01:56 PM
I meant of course removing every other row of seats to pull this off. Who cares about attendance numbers.:D:
Remove two rows at a time, put in the recliners and people could post about the knuckleheads hitting them in the back of the head with the foot rests!:wink:

C-Dawg
09-01-2006, 03:59 PM

There ought to be a way to swap the billboard closest to the center scoreboard with the auxiliary scoreboard - I think then it will be able to be seen better and the billboard will be the one that's partially blocked by the fundamentals deck. Last season I suggested it to a couple of the survey girls they had wandering around before games (haven't seen them this year) but so far it doesn't look promising.

paciorek1983
09-01-2006, 06:28 PM
There ought to be a way to swap the billboard closest to the center scoreboard with the auxiliary scoreboard - I think then it will be able to be seen better and the billboard will be the one that's partially blocked by the fundamentals deck. Last season I suggested it to a couple of the survey girls they had wandering around before games (haven't seen them this year) but so far it doesn't look promising.

Scoreboard-wise, they should just make the centerfield scoreboard bigger. It could be replaced with an LED type board. That way, all of the major information could be put on one board for everyone to see, such as:

r-h-e linescore
lineups
umpires
balls and strikes
pitch speed
pitch count
out of town scores
video screen
pinwheels
anolog clock
and of course.....billboard-type ads

Parrothead
09-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Instead of moving scoreboards just put the information on the ribbon boards. Noboby needs to see "Subway" or whatever ad 9 times on the ribbon board 8 would be sufficent.

Brian26
09-01-2006, 08:47 PM
the auxiliary scoreboard (you know, the one that actually has game information on it) is obstructed by Fundamentals for many, many seats down the 3rd base line. I hope the Sox find a way so that most fans can actually see basic stats such as R-H-E totals and the inning by inning line score.

I'd like to see the out-of-town scoreboard look like a giant Gameday board, with diamonds for each game showing # of outs, runners on base, etc. A few parks already have this. It would probably require removing one of the billboards on either side though.

Red Barchetta
09-01-2006, 08:49 PM
It's great news considering the great debate that raged on this board over the winter whether or not it was even feasible. I guess it is!

OK, I'm adding some more to the conspiracy theories...Funny that the only remaining blue seats are the seats targeted to be angled and those in right field.

Could it be that they are planning to do something else in RF? Based on the math done last offseason, I still think they have some US Cellular funds. Plus they cancelled the owners picnic last spring in the patio due to engineering work being done. Hmmmm.

Regardless, I hope they continue to brick over exposed concrete. Little changes like that go a long way.

Parrothead
09-01-2006, 08:50 PM
It's great news considering the great debate that raged on this board over the winter whether or not it was even feasible. I guess it is!

OK, I'm adding some more to the conspiracy theories...Funny that the only remaining blue seats are the seats targeted to be angled and those in right field.

Could it be that they are planning to do something else in RF? Based on the math done last offseason, I still think they have some US Cellular funds. Plus they cancelled the owners picnic last spring in the patio due to engineering work being done. Hmmmm.

Regardless, I hope they continue to brick over exposed concrete. Little changes like that go a long way.

The money is gone!

dickallen15
09-01-2006, 09:10 PM

The seats in LF have to be changed too. They only changed the benches, and they removed the benches in RF several years ago. All the sections remaining blue have all had seats added to them since 2000. Maybe those seats still have some depreciation value to them, and perhaps thats why they didn't change them yet. I did hear once that they were thinking about some sort of fan deck in RF. Since the one in CF has become quite popular and profitable with private parties, maybe adding another would make sense.

Red Barchetta
09-01-2006, 09:29 PM
The seats in LF have to be changed too. They only changed the benches, and they removed the benches in RF several years ago. All the sections remaining blue have all had seats added to them since 2000. Maybe those seats still have some depreciation value to them, and perhaps thats why they didn't change them yet. I did hear once that they were thinking about some sort of fan deck in RF. Since the one in CF has become quite popular and profitable with private parties, maybe adding another would make sense.

I always wondered why there weren't bleachers in both outfield sections. I wonder why they don't add regular seats in LF similar to right?

jabrch
09-01-2006, 10:12 PM
If my seats in 113 were turned slightly towards home plate and were green, they'd be even better than they already are. And I like them as is...

itsnotrequired
11-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Anyone been down to the stadium recently? I'm assuming they have started working on the seats by now.

GregoryEtc
11-29-2006, 09:10 PM

Organs don't win titles. I'd trade a thousand Nancy's for one more World Series title! (That was fun. I'd always wanted to do that.)

AZChiSoxFan
11-30-2006, 09:05 AM
Anyone been down to the stadium recently? I'm assuming they have started working on the seats by now.

Well, they were going to start on the project tomorrow but you know that storm is supposed to hit, so they've postponed the seat change out, indefinitely. But rest assured, they will be completed in time for the 2008 season. You can count on that.

Not sure if that should be in teal or not.

ssirish317
11-30-2006, 12:00 PM
I always wondered why there weren't bleachers in both outfield sections.

IIRC, there were bleachers in right center field. I think they were replaced with seats in the late 90's when they moved the bullpens.

tony1972
11-30-2006, 01:18 PM
All the seats will be white in about 24 hours...:D:

OzzyTrain
12-01-2006, 12:08 AM

I'm friends with the boss thats on the project, this winter ordeal will set them back a little but nothing to insane. I can't believe they toss most of the blue seats away. If anyone has ever had a chance to look in the back by the dumpsters, a lot of blue seats are back there and will be getting trashed.

AZChiSoxFan
12-01-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm friends with the boss thats on the project, this winter ordeal will set them back a little.

Wow, that's so surprising.

Hate to sound like Hangar here, but the season ended two months ago. Why is the storm that's just now hitting delaying the project? Guess they didn't expect any bad weather in Chicago this winter.

Trav
12-01-2006, 03:56 PM
I guess this means the seats still have some use in them...

OzzyTrain
12-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Wow, that's so surprising.

Hate to sound like Hangar here, but the season ended two months ago. Why is the storm that's just now hitting delaying the project? Guess they didn't expect any bad weather in Chicago this winter.

They were not suppose to start, despite what people said in this thread. They wanted to start sooner, but rather start and stop half way threw, from what I read they are going to push it back. Either way its going to be done before next season.

I got a sneak peak last year before everyone else arrived and saw.
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/2431/photo018el4.jpg
http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo018el4.jpg

OzzyTrain
12-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Also get nice little gifts, one of a kind item, yes the press metal templates from the paper

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/9292/ws006fc3.jpg

Trav
12-01-2006, 06:30 PM
That is awesome. I'm as green as those seats...

dllrbll7
12-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Heres an photo taken a few days ago....

batmanZoSo
12-14-2006, 11:36 AM
IIRC, there were bleachers in right center field. I think they were replaced with seats in the late 90's when they moved the bullpens.

I believe it was during the first "wave" of renovations in '01 that they replaced the right-center bleachers with seats. The same year they covered up the old bullpens with seats.

skottyj242
12-14-2006, 11:43 AM

That picture suck, my seats are in left, come back when you get a picture of the left field corner. :D:

The Dude
12-14-2006, 11:46 AM
That picture suck, my seats are in left, come back when you get a picture of the left field corner. :D:

Seats are looking good!:smile:

Hey Skotty, why don't you go to the cell and take the picture yourself? And while you're at it, you can stop by and pick up your 10 dollars at my house!:tongue:

skottyj242
12-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Seats are looking good!:smile:

Hey Skotty, why don't you go to the cell and take the picture yourself? And while you're at it, you can stop by and pick up your 10 dollars at my house!:tongue:

Well played.

tony1972
12-14-2006, 12:05 PM

Thanks!

The ballpark is going to look great once they are done...

INSox56
12-14-2006, 12:12 PM
I can see my seats, ohhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhh!

Jerko
12-14-2006, 12:44 PM
I hope they plan on getting rid of those blue tables on the outdoor level of the bullpen bar.....

salty99
12-14-2006, 12:50 PM
so are they turning the seats to face the infield or leaving them to face center?

itsnotrequired
12-14-2006, 12:58 PM

I can see all of WSI sitting in those seats for WSI Fest 2007.:cool:

Sargeant79
12-14-2006, 01:07 PM
so are they turning the seats to face the infield or leaving them to face center?

My rep confirmed for me last week that the seats toward the corners of the outfield will be turned in a little bit...probably not much, but enough to relieve a little bit of next pain.

skottyj242
12-14-2006, 02:42 PM
I can see all of WSI sitting in those seats for WSI Fest 2007.:cool:

I'm not even going to touch that.

WS in 05
12-14-2006, 04:27 PM

That guy is standing two seat to the right of my seat he better work faster andd put my in:redneck

Dibbs
12-14-2006, 09:20 PM
I hope they plan on getting rid of those blue tables on the outdoor level of the bullpen bar.....

I think it's scheduled for '09.

itsnotrequired
12-14-2006, 09:46 PM

Source?

tony1972
12-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Source?

No..it's been pushed back to 2011..it rained last week...:D:

anewman35
12-15-2006, 06:39 AM
Source?

Even without the teal, I hope that you realized that was a joke...

I'm sure they'll change the tables. They replaced the bottom ones with green a few years ago, it wouldn't make any sense at all to not change the top.

AZChiSoxFan
12-15-2006, 03:50 PM
No..it's been pushed back to 2011..it rained last week...:D:

LOL!!

I'm not sure that should be in teal.

Frontman
12-24-2006, 11:55 PM
News flash! This just in from SOMEONE WORKING ON THE REMODELLING PROJECT.

There will be two.....count 'em TWO blue seats to remain in the outfield.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to which two seats will remain blue?

Guess away, I'll tell you all tomorrow.

Trust me, its a VERY reliable source, and you'll love the reason they're doing it. It's a great Christmas present.

Front

chisoxmike
12-24-2006, 11:57 PM

Trust me, its a VERY reliable source, and you'll love the reason they're doing it. It's a great Christmas present.

Front

Where Paul Konerko's grand slam and Scott Podsednik's walk off from Game 2 landed?!?

:tongue:

itsnotrequired

Front

Pods game-winning HR and Konerko's slam in Game 2?

itsnotrequired
Where Paul Konerko's grand slam and Scott Podsednik's walk off from Game 2 landed?!?

:tongue:

Pods game-winning HR and Konerko's slam in Game 2?

Want to hang out sometime?

:redneck

Frontman
12-25-2006, 12:06 AM
Ok, Merry Christmas (hey, I did say tomorrow, didn't I?)

Well, great minds and all that, but yes. The two seats to remain blue are Paulies Grand Slam, and Pods walk off homer shots from the WS.

My brother has been working at the Cell on the remodelling of the suites, and has taken pictures of the park as they have been working on it. All the seats around Paulie's slam have been removed except that one seat. They have started to put in the new green seats in that section. I saw the photos with my own eyes (which I have to ask him if its ok to post them or link to them) before giving them out.

I think that is FREAKIN incredible, and a very cool way to "mark" history.

Front

SaltyPretzel
12-25-2006, 09:39 AM

Front

Well that figures. I wonder what excuse they're going to use this time not to finish this project? They're really dragging it out.

Brian26
12-25-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm sure they'll change the tables. They replaced the bottom ones with green a few years ago, it wouldn't make any sense at all to not change the top.

I was down at the park early Friday morning because I had a couple of hours to kill. The gift shop was closed, so I went down to Grandstand. Before that, I drove around the park, and I noticed those blue BPB tables stacked up behind the right field concourse, so they must definitely be replacing them with green tables this year.

Brian26
12-25-2006, 10:18 AM
The two seats to remain blue are Paulies Grand Slam, and Pods walk off homer shots from the WS.

This was reported here quite awhile ago and was part of a news release on the Sox official site.

Frontman
12-25-2006, 10:23 AM
This was reported here quite awhile ago and was part of a news release on the Sox official site.

Really? Man, I so need to check out both sites daily. Well, it was a neat Christmas surprise for me to find out.

Merry Christmas gang!

Front

anewman35
12-25-2006, 11:05 AM

Not that it really matters, but are you sure? I can't find anything saying this on whitesox.com, and I don't think there was anything more than speculation about it here...

itsnotrequired
12-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Not that it really matters, but are you sure? I can't find anything saying this on whitesox.com, and I don't think there was anything more than speculation about it here...

That's how I remember it as well but I'm not to sure.

Scottiehaswheels
01-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Just an update, I stopped by the gift shop today while I was picking up my Sox Fest passes... All the seats are now green except for the seats not yet installed... the sections that are just concrete at the moment look to be 146-152 and 110-117 or so... also there is snow in the outfield and around the pitchers mound but the snow on the infield dirt has melted.

DumpJerry
01-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Just an update, I stopped by the gift shop today while I was picking up my Sox Fest passes... All the seats are now green except for the seats not yet installed... the sections that are just concrete at the moment look to be 146-152 and 110-117 or so... also there is snow in the outfield and around the pitchers mound but the snow on the infield dirt has melted.
Hey! I'm in 112! Wilkes is in 113! We want 1/2 of our money back!

itsnotrequired
01-19-2007, 06:17 PM

With no seats installed, you can really lounge it out. You can just come as you are. It will be like the cover of some kind of glorified Led Zeppelin album.

Brian26
01-19-2007, 08:58 PM

Name dropper.

I want Mags back
01-19-2007, 09:12 PM

Well, great minds and all that, but yes. The two seats to remain blue are Paulies Grand Slam, and Pods walk off homer shots from the WS.

My brother has been working at the Cell on the remodelling of the suites, and has taken pictures of the park as they have been working on it. All the seats around Paulie's slam have been removed except that one seat. They have started to put in the new green seats in that section. I saw the photos with my own eyes (which I have to ask him if its ok to post them or link to them) before giving them out.

Front
thats so awesome:D:

WhiteSox1983
01-20-2007, 03:34 PM
thats so awesome:D:

I agree.. thumbs up to the white sox.

bludupree
01-20-2007, 06:02 PM

I'm in 113. I hope Wilkes isn't the guy in 113 like row #2 or #3 or something, seat 10. Although for some reason I have a feeling it is.

Edit: Actually, I noticed there is a pic on his profile and I don't think that is the guy.

DumpJerry
01-20-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm in 113. I hope Wilkes isn't the guy in 113 like row #2 or #3 or something, seat 10. Although for some reason I have a feeling it is.

Edit: Actually, I noticed there is a pic on his profile and I don't think that is the guy.
Pretty close. What is wrong with "that guy?" I know someone who is about two or three rows behind Wilkes who has two completely obnoxious guys near her who get hyper drunk and foul mouthed before the game even begins. She complained to her rep who told her that they were warned that there were complaints and they could lose their tickets with no refund. They got better. Let's see what this season brings....

ChiSoxGirl
01-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Pretty close. What is wrong with "that guy?" I know someone who is about two or three rows behind Wilkes who has two completely obnoxious guys near her who get hyper drunk and foul mouthed before the game even begins. She complained to her rep who told her that they were warned that there were complaints and they could lose their tickets with no refund. They got better. Let's see what this season brings....

I go to games with this girl pretty regularly throughout the season and we both wished that Santa brought her new seat neighbors for Christmas... that's how bad these guys are.

One of the first times I met them, one of the guys did nothing but make fun of me the entire game because I was keeping score; even went so far as calling me Stat Girl. These two have a history of being wasted as soon as they get to their seats and can be belligerent and obnoxious beyond belief. In addition, they have no regard for personal space whatsoever, which is quite a treat during those hot afternoon games. :rolleyes: And don't even get me started on how many times we have to move so they can go to the bathroom, smoke, or get more food and/or beer. There was one game last season where I must've gotten up 20 times for these tools... no joke.

I hope Santa came through!

OzzieBall2004
01-24-2007, 07:46 PM
I agree.. thumbs up to the white sox.

Ditto...can anyone supply pics?

tony1972
01-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Ditto...can anyone supply pics?

Really..it's cruel to talk about the new seats if your not going to post a picture..don't you know..this is like our version of heroin...:D:

chisoxmike
01-26-2007, 10:00 AM
More of what we already know, but worth a read...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070125soxbits,1,5116716.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

itsnotrequired
01-26-2007, 10:05 AM
More of what we already know, but worth a read...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070125soxbits,1,5116716.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Nearly all of the blue seats have been converted to green. The only sections without green seats are just beyond first and third base. Those seats are to be redirected toward home plate.

:?:

This statement makes it sound as if these seats will still be blue at the start of the season. I thought all the blue seats would be gone and the seat angling work would be complete by opening Day.

Or does this mean that the old, blue seats have been removed but the new, green seats have not been yet installed in the angled areas?

:dunno:

chisoxmike
01-26-2007, 10:08 AM

This statement makes it sound as if these seats will still be blue at the start of the season. I thought all the blue seats would be gone and the seat angling work would be complete by opening Day.

Or does this mean that the old, blue seats have been removed but the new, green seats have not been yet installed in the angled areas?

It will look really stupid in there if they are not changed to green.

Luke
01-26-2007, 10:26 AM
It will look really stupid in there if they are not changed to green.

They just meant that new ones weren't yet installed. There's that picture earlier in the post, that shows the section without any seats.

My seats are in 112, and I'm thrilled that they're angling them to face the infield. The park just continues to get better.

itsnotrequired
01-26-2007, 10:28 AM
They just meant that new ones weren't yet installed. There's that picture earlier in the post, that shows the section without any seats.

My seats are in 112, and I'm thrilled that they're angling them to face the infield. The park just continues to get better.

I was pretty sure that's what they meant but the wording wasn't very clear. Thanks for the clarification.

rdwj
01-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Boyer said they are going to leave the blue seats where Paulie hit his slam and Pods hit his walk-off in the series. That's a pretty cool way to perserve a little history. Nice idea.

kevingrt
01-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Yeah but could you imagine if we go into the cellar these next few years how it would look seeing a random blue seat out there, pretty fun. I dont think we will go into the cellar though so fannies will be in those seats 81+ games a season.

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-26-2007, 10:39 AM

It means those people have to stand. They'll install the seats during the home opener, weather permitting.

D. TODD
01-26-2007, 10:43 AM

Front I was lucky enough to be at that game and the blue seats will defiantly bring back great memories! :D:

roylestillman
01-26-2007, 10:47 AM
It means those people have to stand. They'll install the seats during the home opener, weather permitting.

That's not too far from the truth. What year was it when they reconfigured the outfield seats? I remember Opening Day workers were running around with hand tools re-anchoring seats that had come loose. More than a few seats came off altogether and - I assume - workers were seen carrying them up the aisles. One of the funniest days I ever remember.

TheOldRoman
01-26-2007, 10:49 AM

When I went to the park last week to pick up my Soxfest tickets, I went to the giftshop so I could see the field. The entire outfield is done, wrapping around the foul poles. The sections past the dugout have no seats right now, so that's what he meant.

ewokpelts
01-26-2007, 11:07 AM
I was lucky enough to be at that game and the blue seats will defiantly bring back great memories! :D:if you ask me, this is kinda stupid...it's not like they're never going to sell tickets to these seats...it'll almost always be filled, and i imagine some ass clowns sitting there even if they dont have a ticket, thus pissing off the probable st holder who has those tickets

CHISOXFAN13
01-26-2007, 11:10 AM
if you ask me, this is kinda stupid...it's not like they'r enever going to sell tickets to these seats...it'sll almost always be filled, and i imagine some ass clowns sitting there even if they dont have a ticket, thus pissing off the probable st holder who has those tickets

I disagree wholeheartedly. These are arguably the two biggest home runs in franchise history. I love the fact that we will have reminders of that.

lakeviewsoxfan
01-26-2007, 11:15 AM
if you ask me, this is kinda stupid...it's not like they'r enever going to sell tickets to these seats...it'sll almost always be filled, and i imagine some ass clowns sitting there even if they dont have a ticket, thus pissing off the probable st holder who has those tickets

I have a feeling you will be in the vast minority on this topic.

skottyj242
01-26-2007, 11:20 AM
I can't wait to be the first one to sit in my seat.

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-26-2007, 02:34 PM
I disagree wholeheartedly. These are arguably the two biggest home runs in franchise history. I love the fact that we will have reminders of that.

I think it would be cool that once those seats finnaly outlive their usefulness(so, June 2007 :D: ), metal plaques similar to the concourse statues are put in their place to always commemorate the events. I'd rather see that than decrepit seats as time goes on.

Hitmen77
01-26-2007, 02:43 PM
I have a feeling you will be in the vast minority on this topic.

Fixed it for you. :redneck

OzzieBall2004
01-29-2007, 01:03 PM

How do you know both locations aren't already ST holders? I seem to recall both being relatively low rows.

ewokpelts
01-29-2007, 01:34 PM
How do you know both locations aren't already ST holders? I seem to recall both being relatively low rows.i said PROBABLE st holder. So I'm assumming that an st holder holds these seats. And If I had tickets there, as an st holder or not, I'd get pissed off if people kept trying to sit in my "historic" seat.

And le's be honest here. The "spot" is just the ticket where the guy who caught it. Who knows if he rammed someone over or rache dout into another's seating area?

paciorek1983
01-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Can someone please just post a picture??:(:

Nellie_Fox
01-29-2007, 03:05 PM
...the blue seats will defiantly bring back great memories! Yeah, they will defy you to not have great memories, dammit! :tongue:

OzzieBall2004
01-30-2007, 12:35 AM
i said PROBABLE st holder. So I'm assuming that a st holder holds these seats. And If I had tickets there, as a st holder or not, I'd get pissed off if people kept trying to sit in my "historic" seat.

And let's be honest here. The "spot" is just the seat where the guy who caught it was sitting. Who knows if he rammed someone over or reached out into another's seating area?

Sorry - sometimes it's hard to decode your posts.

How do you know where the "spot" is? What if it's where the ball likely would have landed if no one was there to deflect it? Konerko's was ultimately caught by a guy in an aisle. I guess I just don't understand what's not to like about the idea.

BeefyD
01-30-2007, 01:37 AM
I see both sides of the story... I guess I would just rather see a plaque on the seat marking the location instead of 40,000 people going "Hey look! They kept the seat where (insert historic mark here). Let's go and sit in it and take my picture". When all in all, the person who's seat it really is has to kick people out every time he/she goes to the restroom.

ewokpelts
01-30-2007, 01:54 AM
Instead of keeping the origianl seat there, why not just paint a replacement black? and put the original in the hof?

anewman35
01-30-2007, 06:48 AM
Instead of keeping the origianl seat there, why not just paint a replacement black? and put the original in the hof?

Because that's silly? The point is that it's the ACTUAL SEAT, there'd be no point at all if it was just some reproduction seat.

skobabe8
01-30-2007, 08:14 AM

you are REALLY against this, aren't you? :D:

chisoxmike
01-30-2007, 09:40 AM
WSI is now arguing about a seat.

skottyj242
01-30-2007, 11:09 AM
WSI is now arguing about a seat.

How many days until pitchers and catchers?

Thome25
01-31-2007, 09:02 AM
I don't see what the big deal is about leaving a couple of the seats blue. If I was a season ticket holder, I wouldn't mind people sitting in my seat and taking pictures. As a matter of fact I'd think it was pretty cool.

Most people are pretty polite. I'm sure if you walked up and were the season ticket holder for one of those seats, people would naturally move out of your way when they saw you.

Also, if I was admiring the seats and the ST holder came up I'd gladly get out of their way.

On that note, Does anyone have any current pics of the green seat installation? I know someone posted some really great ones on here last year.

oeo
01-31-2007, 09:17 AM
I don't see what the big deal is about leaving a couple of the seats blue. If I was a season ticket holder, I wouldn't mind people sitting in my seat and taking pictures. As a matter of fact I'd think it was pretty cool.

Most people are pretty polite. I'm sure if you walked up and were the season ticket holder for one of those seats, people would naturally move out of your way when they saw you.

Also, if I was admiring the seats and the ST holder came up I'd gladly get out of their way.

On that note, Does anyone have any current pics of the green seat installation? I know someone posted some really great ones on here last year.

And seriously, if there was a serious problem, then security (or the ushers) could watch over it and make sure people don't sit in it.

It's not a big problem...

esbrechtel
01-31-2007, 11:06 AM
I see both sides of the story... I guess I would just rather see a plaque on the seat marking the location instead of 40,000 people going "Hey look! They kept the seat where (insert historic mark here). Let's go and sit in it and take my picture".
I think more people would take pictures if there were a plaque....

Taliesinrk
01-31-2007, 11:14 AM
the seat idea is cool IMO.. the twins did it w/ kirby's dong in the '91 WS and when i lived in MN, other fans seemed to like it and talk about it..

mwc44
01-31-2007, 12:46 PM
And seriously, if there was a serious problem, then security (or the ushers) could watch over it and make sure people don't sit in it.

It's not a big problem...

Ushers? I've been a ST since 1991 and have never seen a "Guest Services" Rep over the age of 16 in my section, and if they do try to show some stones and try to enforce a rule, they're usually blown off by some drunk or some other clown who has the "I paid my money so I can do whatever the hell I want to do" attitude, and security eventually follows.

Let's not confuse what we have at USCF with the Andy Frain's of old.

tony1972
01-31-2007, 01:10 PM
I think more people would take pictures if there were a plaque....

A plaque is not a good idea..it would be uncomfortable to sit on a plaque..

champagne030
01-31-2007, 01:51 PM

I'm glad it's not my seat.

Ushers? I've been a ST since 1991 and have never seen a "Guest Services" Rep over the age of 16 in my section, and if they do try to show some stones and try to enforce a rule, they're usually blown off by some drunk or some other clown who has the "I paid my money so I can do whatever the hell I want to do" attitude, and security eventually follows.

Yep, some drunk goofs hop over the wall from the outfield and suddenly I have an ugly moat in front of me instead of an actual usher who could prevent such things.

Cat Thief
01-31-2007, 01:52 PM

Really? We stand behind 161 quite a few times during the season and I see those young kids ratting out people all the time to security.

Thome25
01-31-2007, 01:59 PM
What's the big deal? I don't understand some of the posts in this thread.

If we have that big of a problem with honoring a couple of great moments in our history because some season ticket holders my get a little bit of a hassle from it then I say leave those seats empty so no one will cry about it anymore.

I'm sure the Sox can take the financial hit of leaving two seats open.

chisoxmike
01-31-2007, 02:05 PM
... I say leave those seats empty so no one will cry about it anymore.

I'm sure the Sox can take the financial hit of leaving two seats open.

That would be a problem as well, seeing that somebody will sit in that seat if nobody gets a ticket for it.

oeo
01-31-2007, 02:35 PM

Seriously, what is someone going to do...hit an usher? If there's a problem, once again, security can take care of it.

And I've definitely seen ushers that were older than 16...much older. As a matter of fact, I couldn't even walk into my section at a game last year until I showed the usher my ticket...the guy was definitely not in his teens, more like thirties, and I only go to about five games a year. And notice, I did say security.

Jesus Christ, some of you are acting like everyone is a douchebag. I seriously do not see the problem with keeping a blue seat. If that's your seat, and you don't want confrontation, go grab security. Or just tell them that's your seat, and most people will get out of your way. If that's your season ticket, you can have someone watch over it, I'm sure, but I really wouldn't see it as a major problem. Come on...

Thome25
01-31-2007, 03:05 PM
Jesus Christ, some of you are acting like everyone is a douchebag. I seriously do not see the problem with keeping a blue seat. If that's your seat, and you don't want confrontation, go grab security. Or just tell them that's your seat, and most people will get out of your way. If that's your season ticket, you can have someone watch over it, I'm sure, but I really wouldn't see it as a major problem. Come on...

LOL this right here says it best. I totally agree with this. It'd be a GREAT thing to be the season ticket holder for one of these seats. Anyone would be honored to have those seats.

So there might be a little hassle that goes with it. The good far outweighs the bad. Imagine telling people "I'm the season ticket holder for the seat that Paulie/Pods hit the home run to in the WS." What a conversation piece that'd be.

esbrechtel
01-31-2007, 03:44 PM
AMEN!!!!:bandance:

skobabe8
01-31-2007, 07:09 PM
LOL this right here says it best. I totally agree with this. It'd be a GREAT thing to be the season ticket holder for one of these seats. Anyone would be honored to have those seats.

So there might be a little hassle that goes with it. The good far outweighs the bad. Imagine telling people "I'm the season ticket holder for the seat that Paulie/Pods hit the home run to in the WS." What a conversation piece that'd be.

Not too mention the guaranteed face time you're gonna get on tv a few broadcasts a year when the announcers talk about it. :D:

mwc44
01-31-2007, 07:29 PM

Seriously, what is someone going to do...hit an usher? If there's a problem, once again, security can take care of it.

And I've definitely seen ushers that were older than 16...much older. As a matter of fact, I couldn't even walk into my section at a game last year until I showed the usher my ticket...the guy was definitely not in his teens, more like thirties, and I only go to about five games a year. And notice, I did say security.

My original comment was about ushers at USCF (unintentional thread hijack), not about the blue seats. IMO, the two blue seats SHOULD stay as a tribute to 2005.

Fox-To-Aparicio
02-14-2007, 09:46 AM
This morning on Fox news they showed the field almost complete with the green seats. They did show the only two seats that were remaining blue. (The Konerko and Pods homerun seats.) I thought this looked pretty cool.

The blue seats have a more squared appearance to the new more round green seats.

Not sure if someone could find a link to this morning news that had the video.

Thanks,

Glen

skobabe8
02-14-2007, 10:02 AM
This morning on Fox news they showed the field almost complete with the green seats. They did show the only two seats that were remaining blue. (The Konerko and Pods homerun seats.) I thought this looked pretty cool.

The blue seats have a more squared appearance to the new more round green seats.

Thanks,

Glen

Damn...cant find a link. Id really like to see that.

Fox-To-Aparicio
02-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Yah, not sure if they place what was on TV on the web. It was nice to see.

cbotnyse
02-14-2007, 10:34 AM

Thanks,

GlenThat is pretty damn cool. :cool: :thumbsup:(I didnt know they were doing that, first I heard.)

dickallen15
02-14-2007, 10:36 AM
How is it they were able to complete the installation this winter, especially since its been the coldest Feb. in the last 112 years? Wasn't the excuse last year that it had to be 40+ degrees for the caulk or something to be right? I think there was a different reason why this wasn't all done last year.

INSox56
02-14-2007, 10:36 AM
How is it they were able to complete the installation this winter, especially since its been the coldest Feb. in the last 112 years? Wasn't the excuse last year that it had to be 40+ degrees for the caulk or something to be right? I think there was a different reason why this wasn't all done last year.
I hear crickets answering from the Sox front office....

skobabe8
02-14-2007, 10:37 AM

UH-OH! Wheres Hangar?!

Fox-To-Aparicio
02-14-2007, 10:44 AM
In the clip they showed two guys bundled up with snow everywhere installing the seats. I am looking on the website but can't find it. It was between 5:50 - 6:20 Am this morning. I don't believe it was a live shot.

skottyj242
02-14-2007, 10:44 AM
UH-OH! Wheres Hangar?!

How can th SOX not get it done when the other team in the city was able to retool the bleachers. This has somthing to do with the SOX not being owned by the Tribune.

dickallen15
02-14-2007, 11:02 AM
UH-OH! Wheres Hangar?!
I really don't care about the seats. The blue ones were fine with me. I just find it kind of weak to blame cold weather one year, and then install them when the weather is colder than it was when it was supposedly too cold to put them in. Honesty is the best policy, and I think they may have had some depreciation left or something on the seats installed when the renovations began.

Hitmen77
02-14-2007, 11:37 AM

Have you already forgotten that the Cell was being used until the end of October last offseason? This offseason, they were able to start work on Oct. 1. :(:

dickallen15
02-14-2007, 11:40 AM
That's true, but they definitely have been working on it the past 3 weeks, they didn't have it all completed before it turned colder than it should, and not only has it not been 40+ degrees the last 3 weeks, it hasn't been above freezing.

INSox56
02-14-2007, 11:50 AM
As someone who was working on the project, or knew someone who was, last year put it, the really time consuming part is the fine adjusting of the seats. Perhaps, while the weather was REALLY unseasonably warm until the last couple of weeks, they got most/all of the seats anchored down and the past few weeks while it's been like the arctic, they were doing the fine tuning. :dunno:

Bruizer
02-14-2007, 12:32 PM
So did they re-align the outfield seats along the foul lines so that they face the infield more? I heard here someplace that they were going to do that.

Bru

dickallen15
02-14-2007, 12:47 PM
As someone who was working on the project, or knew someone who was, last year put it, the really time consuming part is the fine adjusting of the seats. Perhaps, while the weather was REALLY unseasonably warm until the last couple of weeks, they got most/all of the seats anchored down and the past few weeks while it's been like the arctic, they were doing the fine tuning. :dunno:
As of 1/19 on this thread someone saw the project with 10-12 sections still needing to be done. Since that day, there has been only 1 day in Chicago its been as high as 40 degrees, and only 2 days have had readings above freezing.

sox102
02-14-2007, 01:38 PM

Is this going to get brought up every time the Sox don't get something completed "on time" during renovations? It didn't seem to matter what color the stupid seats were last year since most of the time they were filled! Talk about a broken record! :o:

CLR01
02-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Is this going to get brought up every time the Sox don't get something completed "on time" during renovations? It didn't seem to matter what color the stupid seats were last year since most of the time they were filled! Talk about a broken record! :o:

The Sox would have won the World Series again last year if the green seats were completed. It is an undeniable fact that it cost them 7 games.

skobabe8
02-14-2007, 03:29 PM
So did they re-align the outfield seats along the foul lines so that they face the infield more? I heard here someplace that they were going to do that.

Bru

Yes.

Trav
02-14-2007, 04:57 PM

Great contribution to the Green Seat Update Thread. Why whine about people whining in the thread designed for whining about a specific topic?

dickallen15
02-14-2007, 05:40 PM
As I have stated, I couldn't care less what color the seats are. I just thought the excuse as to why they weren't done last year with the temperature having to be a certain level, and having them then done the following February, the coldest February beginning in 112 years in Chicago, makes no sense.

dcb56
02-14-2007, 05:48 PM
How can th SOX not get it done when the other team in the city was able to retool the bleachers. This has somthing to do with the SOX not being owned by the Tribune.

Let's not forget the Cardinals were able to install all of the seats in their new stadium in three weeks' time last offseason. If the Cardinals could do all of this, what's the SOX's excuse? They're truly an embarassment to Chicago.

skobabe8
02-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Let's not forget the Cardinals were able to install all of the seats in their new stadium in three weeks' time last offseason. If the Cardinals could do all of this, what's the SOX's excuse? They're truly an embarassment to Chicago.

Not to re-hash a VERY old debate, but the Cardinals had a MUCH bigger crew in a MUCH more urgent situation. Apples and oranges. Not a Chicago embarassment.

itsnotrequired
02-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Not to re-hash a VERY old debate, but the Cardinals had a MUCH bigger crew in a MUCH more urgent situation. Apples and oranges. Not a Chicago embarassment.

Silly skobabe missed the Hangar-speak.:tongue:

skobabe8
02-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Silly skobabe missed the Hangar-speak.:tongue:

Was that Hangar-speak??? OOOOPS! My apologies! :redface:

MisterB
02-14-2007, 09:32 PM

They had at least two-thirds of the seats installed by the time the season ended and demolition began on Busch the Second. To wit:

http://www-dave.cs.uiuc.edu/blog/images/SLP2005112101-small.jpg

CLR01
02-14-2007, 10:44 PM

Not to mention a fairly mild winter without much precipitation- average daytime temp above 41 degrees. Not counting the 26 days below freezing and it's an average of 45 degrees.

They had at least two-thirds of the seats installed by the time the season ended and demolition began on Busch the Second. To wit:

Let's not let facts get in the way of a good story.

Dibbs
02-16-2007, 05:53 PM
I snapped some pics inside the stadium today. However, I just tried to upload them and I guess the jpeg file is too big. If anyone is interested in seeing them and can tell me how to upload them correctly, I may be able to get them on tonight.

MincHiaPettito
02-16-2007, 05:54 PM
I use www.imageshack.us , you dont have to register or anything, and it gives you the option of resizing

itsnotrequired
02-16-2007, 05:54 PM
I snapped some pics inside the stadium today. However, I just tried to upload them and I guess the jpeg file is too big. If anyone is interested in seeing them and can tell me how to upload them correctly, I may be able to get them on tonight.

You could throw them up on imageshack.

http://imageshack.us/

Dibbs
02-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Here is one of the pics. The others are getting resized and will be up shortly.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5091/21607auy1.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=21607auy1.jpg)

Bruizer
02-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Thanks for uploading the pic. It's hard to tell, but it doesn't look like they re-align the outfield seats along the foul lines so that they face the infield more. :(:

Bru

skobabe8
02-18-2007, 03:58 AM
Thanks for uploading the pic. It's hard to tell, but it doesn't look like they re-align the outfield seats along the foul lines so that they face the infield more. :(:

Bru

Turn that frown upside down. They did angle the seats. Its impossible to tell in that picture, but from the other ones Dibbs sent me, you can clearly see the seats down the lines angled towards the infield. Believe me, its not even noticeable until you are close up to the seats.

chisox77
02-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks, Dibbs. Good pic, and even in the snow, the park is looking great. I always refer to this, but going back to 2001 (when they started renovating the Cell), there has been quite a transformation. In many ways, it's been like having another new park built over the past 7 years. Just look at earlier pics of the park back in the 90s - there has been a drastic change, for the better.

:cool:

comiskey2000
02-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Here is one of the pics. The others are getting resized and will be up shortly.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5091/21607auy1.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=21607auy1.jpg)

Don't tease us with more pics and not post them!

skobabe8
02-19-2007, 07:34 AM
Hey ya'll. The pics are posted! Check the photo gallery and thank Dibbs!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=3

itsnotrequired
02-19-2007, 07:50 AM
Hey ya'll. The pics are posted! Check the photo gallery and thank Dibbs!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=3

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/data/3/medium/2-16-07_b.JPG

You can really see the angle of the seats in this pic. Nice.

ChiWavDave
02-19-2007, 07:57 AM
Forget the green seats, like it makes any difference. My question is, what are they going to do about the color of the tables/benches in the bullpen sports bar. We cannot have Blue tables/benches. They suck! You know at the new Busch Stadium, they replaced the tables and benches in like 25 minutes for the entire stadium. why are our tables and benches still blue... Are the parking lots still asphalt? I may have an issues with that as well..

35th&Shields
02-19-2007, 09:07 AM
It looks awesome. I can't believe the changes over the past few years. I always believed that New Comiskey got a bad rap, but some changes were needed but the Sox have gone way above and beyond anything I could have hoped for when they announced they were using the $$$$ for the name change to do renovations. It truly looks like a new park.

Between these pictures, warmer weather, and the start of spring training, I'm ready for White Sox baseball!

ChiSox524
02-19-2007, 11:13 AM

How did you get into the park anyway?

IronFisk
02-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Can't get used to that place in snow. Whatever, lookin' good!

cheeses_h_rice
02-19-2007, 12:52 PM
So are all the seats in the park now green (except for the Konerko and Pods World Series home run seats)?

DumpJerry
02-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Thank goodness we're not Reds' fans. All the seats there are red and I was getting sick after two games there...............

roylestillman
02-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Where'd the banners on the light towers go?

Luke
02-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Where'd the banners on the light towers go?

They take them down for winter along with the padding for the OF fence.

skobabe8
02-19-2007, 05:13 PM
So are all the seats in the park now green (except for the Konerko and Pods World Series home run seats)?

Almost...they're not quite finished yet. But they will be by April 2! :gulp:

The Pods seat, Konerko seat, and as someone else mentioned, the seats in the bullpen sports bar. :D:

Red Barchetta
02-19-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm sure they will swap out any remaining blue soon - i.e. picnic tables, stools, awnings in the bullpen, etc.

It's amazing the result of the renovations. The change has been gradual due to the multi-season timeline, however if you could magically attend a game one day at New Comiskey in 1990 and then attend a game the next day in 2007, the change would be much more dramatic.

lths06
02-19-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm sure they will swap out any remaining blue soon - i.e. picnic tables, stools, awnings in the bullpen, etc. :cool:

I'm pretty sure that will be completed over next offseason - however they may not have time to do it all next offseason due to it being too cold, so the stools may have to wait till 2009:(:

chisox77
03-04-2007, 07:03 PM
If any of you have Google Earth, check out the Cell from an aerial shot (via satellite). Google must update their satellite images regularly, because I googled the Cell a few minutes ago, and from above, it looks like all of the green seats are installed. I could be wrong, but it does look that way, at least from above.

Huisj
03-04-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm sure they will swap out any remaining blue soon - i.e. picnic tables, stools, awnings in the bullpen, etc.

It's amazing the result of the renovations. The change has been gradual due to the multi-season timeline, however if you could magically attend a game one day at New Comiskey in 1990 and then attend a game the next day in 2007, the change would be much more dramatic.

It would be dramatic to see a game in an unfinished stadium while there's another game going on across the street in an 80 year old one!

If any of you have Google Earth, check out the Cell from an aerial shot (via satellite). Google must update their satellite images regularly, because I googled the Cell a few minutes ago, and from above, it looks like all of the green seats are installed. I could be wrong, but it does look that way, at least from above.

I'm not sure, I think people looked at that image a number of months ago, and it already looked like that. I could just be that whatever way the shadows were made the seats just look kind of gray and shadowy like they appear on that image . . . plus, go north and look at Soldier Field--it's a big hole in the ground, so that particular spot obviously hasn't been updated in years.

You can see how much of a patchwork those satellite images are by looking at the perspective on the buildings downtown. Some blocks look like they are leaning one direction, and some are in a different direction. It's kind of trippy to stare at for a long time.

chisox77
03-04-2007, 07:19 PM
You have a point there. I guess that I got excited over nothing - it's spring training, hope you all understand.

Frontman
03-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Well, I'm waiting for my brother to finally post the freakin' pictures online, but here's a shot of him at the park a few months ago. The greens were done up to the end of the dugouts, with all the others removed.

Thanks,

Front

chisox77
03-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Nice pic, Front. Thanks for the visual.

:D:

Frontman
03-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Nice pic, Front. Thanks for the visual.

:D:

Not a problem. Its been fun to see his work as he's remodeled all of the luxury suites counters, bars, and cabinetry. He had a blast watching the seats get changed each day.

Is it ok to post links to myspace? His myspace page has a few pictures of the work he's done on the luxury suites.

Later,

Front

Brian26
03-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Well, I'm waiting for my brother to finally post the freakin' pictures online, but here's a shot of him at the park a few months ago.

The park looks beautiful, even in the dead of winter.

tick53
03-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Not a problem. Its been fun to see his work as he's remodeled all of the luxury suites counters, bars, and cabinetry. He had a blast watching the seats get changed each day.

Is it ok to post links to myspace? His myspace page has a few pictures of the work he's done on the luxury suites.

Later,

Front

Same here. Thanks to you and all the contributors...tick

tony1972
03-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Well, I'm waiting for my brother to finally post the freakin' pictures online, but here's a shot of him at the park a few months ago. The greens were done up to the end of the dugouts, with all the others removed.

Thanks,

Front

Wow ! Just wow...

I was looking at some pictures I took of games back in 1992..1993 and it does not look like the same park at all..

Just incredible how much this ballpark has improved...absolutely amazing...

davidthegrinder
03-06-2007, 05:02 PM
I am gald they waited. I have seats down the foul line (Lower Box. Not Premium Lower Box). I was worried about them. Now I can't wait!http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif

P.S. I know this is off topic, but I need tickets. Thanks!

DumpJerry
03-06-2007, 05:23 PM
I am gald they waited. I have seats down the foul line (Lower Box. Not Premium Lower Box). I was worried about them. Now I can't wait!http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif

P.S. I know this is off topic, but I need tickets. Thanks!
:welcome: , glad you're here!
Any and all requests for tickets need to be posted in the WSI Ticket Exchange. You can find it in the Game Day section of the message boards. Please read the rules which are stuck at the top. The main rule is no scalping whatsoever.

Your request for tickets will get a better response in the Ticket Exchange since people go there looking to buy or sell tickets.

davidthegrinder
03-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the welcoming DumpJerry! I have a question, though. Does your name mean get rid off Jerry Reinsdorf?!?!

nut_stock
03-06-2007, 09:48 PM
I was in Chicago over the weekend and I stopped by the park on Monday and went to the gift shop. I took a couple photos. It looked like EVERY green seat was in place except they needed to be adjusted, bolted down etc... I could hear them working above me in that new home plate club thing. I'll try to upload my pics soon. The highlight that day was taking a buddy of mine to Schaller's to eat lunch and Jack Schaller sitting with us at the bar and talking to us for so long. That's one interesting old man!

CLR01
03-06-2007, 10:13 PM

Later,

Front

Go for it. Just post links to the pictures and not hot link them here.

DumpJerry
03-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the welcoming DumpJerry! I have a question, though. Does your name mean get rid off Jerry Reinsdorf?!?!
Too bad you got banned. You'll never know the real answer.

soxinem1
03-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Too bad you got banned. You'll never know the real answer.

I thought it was for Manuel, not Koosman, Dybzinski, or JR?

Frontman
03-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Here's a few more photos showing the park, and exactly what work my brother was doing there.

All the cabinetry and woodwork in the suites were done my brother and his crew. To say the least, what a thrill for a kid who lived at 35th and Emerald to head back to "the old neighborhood" and work for the Sox, even for a few months.

chisoxmike
03-13-2007, 02:29 PM

This has got to be a old picture.

skobabe8
03-13-2007, 02:45 PM

Either that or they changed their minds.

Frontman
03-13-2007, 03:18 PM

Whoops. That's from when he first started the job last off-season.

Sorry about that. I'll work on getting the others.

Front

Frontman
03-13-2007, 10:39 PM
ALL RIGHT Here we go.

Sorry ya'll have to put up with a big brother being proud of his brother's good work pictures as well. BUT, I think it makes the press and the luxury boxes look awesome.

More to follow.

Frontman
03-13-2007, 10:41 PM

Unblyleven Bread
03-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Oh my lord, those are awesome. That park looks ****ing great, I'm there now drinking a beer in the sun.

Thanks for posting. :smile:

Frontman
03-13-2007, 10:45 PM

He also had a few photos taken inside the suites to show you how they'll be decorated.

Frontman
03-13-2007, 10:48 PM

tony1972
03-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Really appreciate it..

Thanks for the pics..!

Frontman
03-13-2007, 10:51 PM

That's all for now. Some need to be resized as to allow the upload.

Hope you all enjoy them. Our family is certainly are proud of Mike (my brother) who worked at making the home of the Chicago White Sox look as good as it can be.

:putitontheboard

Sargeant79
03-13-2007, 11:17 PM
That's awesome. Thanks.

ComiskeyBrewer
03-14-2007, 05:23 AM
Cool pics, thanks for sharing.

skobabe8
03-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Anything different about the fundamentals deck? Or did he take those pictures for the hell of it?

chisox77
03-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Awesome visuals again, Frontman. Thank you for sharing them, and I also appreciate the suite photos. They look great. What a transformation! I think every White Sox fan can be proud of the ballpark now. Now just imagine how good it will look when the place is full and the weather is warm and sunny.

ramblermgr9599
03-14-2007, 01:42 PM
looks like new grass

07isheaven
03-14-2007, 03:55 PM
I have a question. In one of the pictures I noticed some of the Scout Seats were remove. Are they redoing the previous green seats? This might have something to do with the Sox renumbering the infield seats. The picture code is 395220574109-0-bg.

mrfourni
03-14-2007, 04:11 PM
It looks like they got more than 2 people to work on the installation this year, which I guess is a good thing.:smile:

Frontman
03-14-2007, 05:32 PM
I have a question. In one of the pictures I noticed some of the Scout Seats were remove. Are they redoing the previous green seats? This might have something to do with the Sox renumbering the infield seats. The picture code is 395220574109-0-bg.

I'll have to ask him, as I honestly don't know even if he was aware of them. His crew did the work on the suites (and I'll pass along the kudos as far a the good job.)

It would make sense if they did redo the seats, with the renumbering, but I figured changing the number plates would take less work, but that's just me.

Front

Frontman
03-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Anything different about the fundamentals deck? Or did he take those pictures for the hell of it?

I think it was for the hell of it. With my kid going to his first game this year, I haven't been on the Fundamentals deck myself to say either way.

Front

ChiSox524
03-14-2007, 06:26 PM
What was the thing that looked like a desk with the Sox logo? Where is it in the park? Also, any pics of the home plate club?

Frontman
03-14-2007, 06:29 PM
What was the thing that looked like a desk with the Sox logo? Where is it in the park? Also, any pics of the home plate club?

If I'm not mistaken, that's the entry to the suite's just off the elevator.

ChiSox524
03-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Do they have concessions or anything else in the suite concourse?

Frontman
03-18-2007, 06:44 PM

More information on the logo. That is just off the elevator for the press suites.

esbrechtel
03-18-2007, 07:45 PM
I can't wait until opening day to see the park for myself....:bandance:

tony1972
03-18-2007, 10:20 PM
I can't wait until opening day to see the park for myself....:bandance:
I know people who haven't been there since 1991 and still have a bad image of the park.

I would love to bring them this summer. They probably wouldn't recognize it..

Frontman
03-18-2007, 11:08 PM
I know people who haven't been there since 1991 and still have a bad image of the park.

I would love to bring them this summer. They probably wouldn't recognize it..

Heck, the park felt different to me from 2001 and last year. A 15 year absence its probably a different place.

Granted, its seen October baseball. Late October baseball, since then. Think there's something to that whole spiritual impression upon inanimate objects?

:wink:

Certainly felt a happy place to be last year.

Front

tony1972
03-18-2007, 11:17 PM
I think the World Series did do something to the park. It changed the image. I don't mean cosmetically..but before people thought of the park as not having much history, boring, etc.

Now when people go who are Sox fans or are not..you go to the Cell and say..this is where Konerko hit his grand slam. This is where Chicago had a World Series just a year ago. This is where Pods hit his homer. It gives the Cell a bit of history. It's almost like a baptism of the park..

I don't know how to explain it in words without sounding stupid..but I think most people know what I mean...

TomBradley72
03-19-2007, 12:00 AM
..but I think most people know what I mean...

Absolutely....the earlier playoff series at the Cell (1993 and 2000) offered zero memorable moments from a national perspective. 2005 offered: The blow out in ALDS #1, Iguchi's HR in ALDS #2, Pierzynski's drop 3rd strike/Crede's 2B in ALCS #2, and the Konerko Grand Slam and Pods walk off in WS #2. Combined with the dramatic cosmetic changes at the ballpark...it's a completed transformation from the sterile/antiseptic bowl of blue seats and bare concrete of the first 10 years of the ballpark.

IndianWhiteSox
03-19-2007, 12:47 AM
I think the World Series did do something to the park. It changed the image. I don't mean cosmetically..but before people thought of the park as not having much history, boring, etc.

Now when people go who are Sox fans or are not..you go to the Cell and say..this is where Konerko hit his grand slam. This is where Chicago had a World Series just a year ago. This is where Pods hit his homer. It gives the Cell a bit of history. It's almost like a baptism of the park..

I don't know how to explain it in words without sounding stupid..but I think most people know what I mean...

You know what's funny about this?

There's more history in this stadium than there is in Old Comiskey and Wrigley due to the fact that they won and made so many fun memories. Especially after future hall of fame player Jim Thome hits his 500th HR, and Jon Garland and Mark Buehrle win their 300th games each, after PK hits his 500th and 600th in the cell. Not, to mention after staking a claim to being the team of the decade after winning 2007-2009 world series.

itsnotrequired
03-19-2007, 07:08 AM
You know what's funny about this?

There's more history in this stadium than there is in Old Comiskey and Wrigley due to the fact that they won and made so many fun memories.

US Cellular Field has about 130 more years to go before matching the combined history of Comiskey and Wrigley.

skobabe8
03-19-2007, 07:48 AM
Absolutely....the earlier playoff series at the Cell (1993 and 2000) offered zero memorable moments from a national perspective. 2001 offered: The blow out in ALDS #1, Iguchi's HR in ALDS #2, Pierzynski's drop 3rd strike/Crede's 2B in ALCS #2, and the Konerko Grand Slam and Pods walk off in WS #2. Combined with the dramatic cosmetic changes at the ballpark...it's a completed transformation from the sterile/antiseptic bowl of blue seats and bare concrete of the first 10 years of the ballpark.

2001 sure was an awesome year. Almost as good as 2005! :D:

TomBradley72
03-19-2007, 08:21 AM
2001 sure was an awesome year. Almost as good as 2005! :D:

Oops...fixed it...how I could have confused the 2001/Jose Conseco White Sox with our World Champs I'll never know. :cool:

35th&Shields
03-19-2007, 09:25 AM

Makes a lot of sense. Simply put, there is a history to the park now that didn't exist before.

Frontman
03-19-2007, 05:14 PM

You know, you're 100% right. When we went for Family Field Day, it exactly all of us were talking about. One of the first things I had to do was I had to stand on the warning track edge just under where PK's slam went out and say, "It landed about what, 20? 30 feet up and a few rows back?" It was like I had to just imagine what it must of looked like from that spot. (Well, what the Astro's Left Fielder looked at, but you get my point.)

I really thought about it when we left the bullpen, looking out towards home and just imagining what Bobby Jenks must of thought coming in for Game 1. How every seat in the place wasn't filled, as everyone was standing.

And I don't think its just the WS (granted, that will be the biggest moments we'll remember) but even last season, my wife and I went for a walk during one game and stopped just at the top of the stairs just behind home on the 3rd base side to watch PK bat. PK hit a homer that day, and we were just amazed at how the crowd looked from that spot.

Imagine the stories that will be told in the coming years. I hope 2005 is just the beginning for memories.

Front

spiffie
03-20-2007, 01:56 AM
US Cellular Field has about 130 more years to go before matching the combined history of Comiskey and Wrigley.
It has however already matched them for World Series champions.

chisoxmike
03-20-2007, 10:31 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070320cellphotos,1,5178849.photogallery?coll=cs-home-utility (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070320cellphotos,1,5178849.photogallery?coll=cs-home-utilityThe)
TheTrib's chicagosports.com has photos of the renovated Cell with shots of the blue seats.

itsnotrequired
03-20-2007, 10:34 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070320cellphotos,1,5178849.photogallery?coll=cs-home-utility (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070320cellphotos,1,5178849.photogallery?coll=cs-home-utilityThe)
TheTrib's chicagosports.com has photos of the renovated Cell with shots of the blue seats.

Amazing. That park gets better and better every year.

ChiSoxGirl
03-20-2007, 10:37 PM
WOW! The park looks absolutely gorgeous!!!! Seeing those two blue seats gave me chills.

Harry Potter
03-20-2007, 10:41 PM
The view of all the "Green" from the Home Plate Club (last picture in set) looks awesome.

April 2nd can't get here soon enough!!!

itsnotrequired
03-20-2007, 10:46 PM
April 2nd can't get here soon enough!!!

Amen to that. Less than two weeks to go and I'm already getting jumpy.

:bandance:

tony1972
03-20-2007, 10:57 PM
It's really a beautiful ballpark now..

Sox fans can really be proud of their home..

salty99
03-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Amen to that. Less than two weeks to go and I'm already getting jumpy.

:bandance:

Settle down there big guy..you still have 81 more games to go!:D:

Law11
03-21-2007, 08:31 AM
Cool photos park just keeps looking better and better..
Getting a chance to be in a suite a few times a year I'm looking forward to seeing those renavations as well.

chisox77
03-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the link. Wow!! I never thought that the ballpark would look this good (even when they announced renovation plans before the 2001 season).

Another note: The Cell, almost by accident, has become more unique as the other ballparks have been built. True, the other ballparks have that nice retro-angular shape to them, but most of them (except for the real beauties like PNC - Pittsburgh; Camden Yards - Baltimore; Petco Field - San Diego; and Safeco - Seattle) have now started to look the same.

The Cell (along with KC's Kauffman Stadium, always one of my favorite parks with the fountains) now has a unique shape and look. With time, some incredible recent history, and excellent improvements, it has all worked out very nicely.

Medford Bobby
03-21-2007, 09:32 AM
:D: Yea but these are still white............

http://www.urinal.net/us_cellular/uc.med.jpg

Mr.1Dog
03-21-2007, 09:40 AM
:redneck Any news on renovations to the bathrooms? Perhaps a bathroom attendant is necessary.

ComiskeyBrewer
03-21-2007, 09:45 AM
The new seats look wonderful. Why they went with blue in the first place is beyond me.

Trav
03-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the link. Wow!! I never thought that the ballpark would look this good (even when they announced renovation plans before the 2001 season).

Another note: The Cell, almost by accident, has become more unique as the other ballparks have been built. True, the other ballparks have that nice retro-angular shape to them, but most of them (except for the real beauties like PNC - Pittsburgh; Camden Yards - Baltimore; Petco Field - San Diego; and Safeco - Seattle) have now started to look the same.

The Cell (along with KC's Kauffman Stadium, always one of my favorite parks with the fountains) now has a unique shape and look. With time, some incredible recent history, and excellent improvements, it has all worked out very nicely.

JR is that you?

Medford Bobby
03-21-2007, 10:44 AM
:(: True there are future Sox fans not yet born that will cry and stare at the wrecking crane bringing down the Cell on some cold early April morning, just like we did for Old Comiskey in April 1991. :whiner:

chisox77
03-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Trav, after I posted that, I thought of the same thing. But no, it's not!

:reinsy

But I'll provide the visual anyway.
:smile:

Frontman
03-21-2007, 12:00 PM
:(: True there are future Sox fans not yet born that will cry and stare at the wrecking crane bringing down the Cell on some cold early April morning, just like we did for Old Comiskey in April 1991. :whiner:

Let's hope the Cell gets as long of a run as Old Comiskey, and Yankee Stadium.

C-Dawg
03-21-2007, 12:16 PM

How many weird looks did you get while you were taking that picture?? :o:

itsnotrequired
03-21-2007, 12:17 PM

Looks empty so I would guess none.

:redneck

Medford Bobby
03-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Thank God you can google anything:wink:

TomBradley72
03-21-2007, 02:27 PM

What's the over/under on when we see the first "We need the troughs back" thread?

sox1970
03-21-2007, 02:36 PM
What's the over/under on when we see the first "We need the troughs back" thread?

I'd rather they put some partitions in. How about a little pee privacy?

Chisox353014
03-21-2007, 02:52 PM
The place has come a long way since this:
:gulp:
http://mysite.verizon.net/charliesballparks/stadiums/ph/comisky2.jpg

paciorek1983
03-21-2007, 03:06 PM
The place has come a long way since this:
:gulp:
http://mysite.verizon.net/charliesballparks/stadiums/ph/comisky2.jpg

The only thing I like better about the park then, is how the scoreboard looked more "filled in".(besides the name, which of course I know without the name change we wouldn't have such a beautiful park now)

When the park first opened, I noticed a starkness in the park. But, it reminded me of a blank canvas, so I figured there was opportunity to modify it and that it would look different over time. I am impressed, but I also think that even more can be done.

Mr.1Dog
03-21-2007, 03:19 PM
The only thing I like better about the park then, is how the scoreboard looked more "filled in".(besides the name, which of course I know without the name change we wouldn't have such a beautiful park now)

When the park first opened, I noticed a starkness in the park. But, it reminded me of a blank canvas, so I figured there was opportunity to modify it and that it would look different over time. I am impressed, but I also think that even more can be done.

I never looked at the park as a blank canvas when it first opened, maybe because I was only 9 when it opened. But it has developed into one the best parks in the league. With that being said, I am curious to see what other things can be done to the park. But for now, I say keep it as is.

ComiskeyBrewer
03-21-2007, 03:26 PM
I never looked at the park as a blank canvas when it first opened, maybe because I was only 9 when it opened. But it has developed into one the best parks in the league. With that being said, I am curious to see what other things can be done to the park. But for now, I say keep it as is.

Leave it for now, if changes need to be made in the future, great.

paciorek1983
03-21-2007, 03:27 PM

Yeah, being 9 you wouldn't have, I understand.

One of the things that I've thought about is that they should replace the billboard/lattice design and continue the arched window design into that area. They could put a concourse in between the windows that could be used for a SRO section. Maybe a concourse on the top of the design. I think the arched window design out there would really give the park an iconic look.