PDA

View Full Version : wimpy

where is wimpy
08-30-2006, 10:55 PM
does anyone know what wimpy is doing these days?

DannyCaterFan
08-30-2006, 11:29 PM
Wimpy is doing color commentary on MASN TV for the Washington Nationals. I get to see some of their games on DirecTV's baseball package.

Nellie_Fox
08-31-2006, 12:01 AM
And the Hawk bashers will arrive in 3...2...1...

aryzner
08-31-2006, 12:02 AM
I am 22 years old so I gotta say, I grew up listening to Hawk and Wimpy on TV, and I really miss him, I thought Tom Paciorek was great.

DJ is still getting there but he still hasn't replaced Wimpy in my mind :[

PaulDrake
08-31-2006, 07:24 AM
I don't bash Hawk, like I said on another thread you either like him or you don't. Actually, IMO opionion Hawk has a style similar to the late great Pirate broadcaster Bob Prince. That being said, Hawk and Wimpy were a better TV team than Hawk and DJ, despite whatever personal issues they may have had.

bayzbol44
08-31-2006, 12:13 PM
And the Hawk bashers will arrive in 3...2...1...

I'm here! :cool:

Everyone knows that Hawk pushed Wimpy out of the booth. Good to hear that Paciorek is still working. When I hear him do games he sounds like a true professional. (Can't say the same about Hawk.)

Gregory Pratt
08-31-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm here! :cool:

Everyone knows that Hawk pushed Wimpy out of the booth. Good to hear that Paciorek is still working. When I hear him do games he sounds like a true professional. (Can't say the same about Hawk.)

I'm with you. Hawk pushed Tom away by mocking him for having been molested by a priest growing up, and we all know it. Besides, I'm not ten years old anymore. I can't get excited about hearing the same, "He gawn!" "He looks up!" calls every single day. And besides that, I hate it when Hawk goes, "He looks up, and you can put it -- IT'S OFF THE WALL!"

Shift
08-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Lucky for you all there is a radio broadcast of the game.

KMKsuburbannoise
08-31-2006, 01:02 PM
this thread brought me to ponder another question. Who will take the place of Hawk in the booth if and when he decides to step out of the booth and into the normal box seats? I have heard it will be Singleton.