PDA

View Full Version : time for konerko to be a captain

richb2
08-30-2006, 10:48 PM
i am getting tired of hearing konerko saying it will be ok-we will be alriight,we have plenty of time, news flash no it is not ok to be playing pathectic baseballthe last 40 games,and time is running out. I wish someone would get fired up on this team and rally the troops---hint Konerko you are the captain. The sox are playing the worst of the worse teams , it should not be a life and death battle. Wow we hsve the lead against tampa , small miracles. I still beleive this team can win the division if they wake up.

voodoochile
08-30-2006, 10:54 PM
Let me see. You're bitching about the Sox playing pathetic ball yet here they sit, the WC team about to take a 1.5 game lead and remain within 4.5 of the division crown with over a month of baseball left.

Then you are bitching about them just barely beating the DRays (at the moment - with 1 inning of baseball left).

Then you are going to blame it all on PK's lack of leadership.

I have no idea WHY you chose this moment to make such an idiotic post.

I have no idea if you are just a troll in disguise trying to get a shot in at the Sox while pretending to be a Sox fan.

I have no idea why you chose to post this in the Clubhouse when it clearly belongs in WTS or even in the ****house because that's what it is... a steaming pile of ****...

I can fix the last one, so I did... I can fix some of the other stuff too, but for now, I want to see the other posters take a good wack at you because if anyone deserves a good whacking at the moment, it's you...

:whoflungpoo

(you did):rolleyes:

fquaye149
08-30-2006, 11:02 PM
i am getting tired of hearing konerko saying it will be ok-we will be alriight,we have plenty of time, news flash no it is not ok to be playing pathectic baseballthe last 40 games,and time is running out. I wish someone would get fired up on this team and rally the troops---hint Konerko you are the captain. The sox are playing the worst of the worse teams , it should not be a life and death battle. Wow we hsve the lead against tampa , small miracles. I still beleive this team can win the division if they wake up.

Yeah...we are playing some pretty bad ball. If Paulie was anything of a captain he'd stop giving up so many goddamned runs as a starting pitcher...

KMKsuburbannoise
08-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Ozzie has said it before. He is a leader but he is a quite leader. The Sox have a lot of quite leaders, Konerko being one of the biggest ones.

richb2
08-30-2006, 11:04 PM
you have to be kidding ------wow it took the world champs 8 innings to finally get the lead on a pathectic team and win. The sox were not playing the yankess or the A's. The sox have not played good baseball since the series before the all-star break and that is a fact. This time of the year the sox have looked flat at times-no excuse for that. this is the time of the year to pick up speed and get ready for the playoffs, not be stuck in mud against very bad teams. I still beleive this team can win the whole ball of wax but this captain needs to get this team on the same page with a private meeting.

voodoochile
08-30-2006, 11:07 PM
you have to be kidding ------wow it took the world champs 8 innings to finally get the lead on a pathectic team and win. The sox were not playing the yankess or the A's. The sox have not played good baseball since the series before the all-star break and that is a fact. This time of the year the sox have looked flat at times-no excuse for that. this is the time of the year to pick up speed and get ready for the playoffs, not be stuck in mud against very bad teams. I still beleive this team can win the whole ball of wax but this captain needs to get this team on the same page with a private meeting.

keep going, Rich, if you just dig a little deeper surely you'll get out of this hole.

You honestly don't feel the Sox have played solid baseball the last few weeks at least? They were 8.5 games out of first less than 2 weeks ago.

:darkcloud:

DaleJRFan
08-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Where's the grammar and punctuation police???

LuvSox
08-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Pardon me richb2, does last year ring a bell? That's how the World Series Champs won a whole ****load of games.

Chisox003
08-30-2006, 11:20 PM
keep going, Rich, if you just dig a little deeper surely you'll get out of this hole.

http://worldwide-web.com/JeffreyBabad/Simpsons/ChiefWiggum/chief.gif

"No, no. Dig up stupid! Up!"

Mercy!
08-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Where's the grammar and punctuation police???Well, yeah, of course. But I'd say that some targets are just so darn easy to hit that I wonder more at the people doing the shooting, than the ones shooting off their mouths. You know, sometimes the ones delivering the beat-down just come off looking like bullies. Insert "Who cares?" photo here?:D:

HebrewHammer
08-30-2006, 11:38 PM
What's he supposed to say?

:walnuts
"You're right. I'm panicking. Jermaine caught me wearing only a baseball glove and running around in the shower screaming. We have to catch Detroit tomorrow or we're sunk. You hear me? SUNK. I'm actually the reason Freddy can't hold runners. If he throws over, I wet myself from the stress of the stretch run."

He does what a captain is supposed to do. Focus on the positives and remind everyone THAT THERE IS STILL TIME.

MadetoOrta
08-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Unless this guy was in a coma throughout last year's playoffs and didn't see Paul's leadership, he needs to **** the **** up!

Gregory Pratt
08-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Unless this guy was in a coma throughout last year's playoffs and didn't see Paul's leadership, he needs to **** the **** up!

Is it against the rules to say the "shut" in "shut the ____ up"? :?:

voodoochile
08-30-2006, 11:50 PM
Is it against the rules to say the "shut" in "shut the ____ up"? :?:

No, but the U and the I are right beside themselves on the keyboard and if someone were typing quickly and passionately, they might have a typo that would be censored very easily...:D:

JB98
08-30-2006, 11:50 PM

The Twins just lost twice in a row at home to the Royals. Minnesota has looked flat at times. There is no excuse for that.

rainbow6
08-30-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm not taking the side of the dude who started this thread, but prior to the start of the Devil Ray series the Sox wrapped up a 24 game stetch in which they went 12-12.

The starting pitching has been - with a few exceptions - poor. When was the last time 2 or 3 quality starts have been strung together?

At least one member of the bullpen has a emerged as bordering on useless.

Does that qualify as a few weeks of 'solid baseball'?

Luke

You honestly don't feel the Sox have played solid baseball the last few weeks at least? They were 8.5 games out of first less than 2 weeks ago.

:darkcloud:

JB98
08-31-2006, 12:04 AM
I'm not taking the side of the dude who started this thread, but prior to the start of the Devil Ray series the Sox wrapped up a 24 game stetch in which they went 12-12.

The starting pitching has been - with a few exceptions - poor. When was the last time 2 or 3 quality starts have been strung together?

Luke

The Sox went 13-11 in that stretch, and it was mostly against the other top teams around the league. Toronto, Anaheim, New York, Detroit and Minnesota are all winning clubs. Like I said in the game thread, the two losses at home to Kansas City were the hiccup. Other than that, I thought the Sox handled it reasonably well.

voodoochile
08-31-2006, 12:13 AM

Luke

The Sox were 10 games out of first on August 8th and now they are 4.5 out.

I'm seeing 15-11 since the long stretch began which would mean 13-11 over the 24 games you are referring to (just to be picky).

In that time they played 18 games against possible playoff opponents (at the time they played them, the Blue Jays were making their run). The ONLY team they played that has/had no chance of any kind of playoff appearance was the Royals (and now the DRays).

I'm also not talking strictly about the results, but the way the team has played. The Sox clearly have played with more intensity, purpose and focus especially over the past week after falling back to 7.5 out last Tuesday. Couple of breaks over the weekend and the Sox are looking at 2.5 or less games to make up with a 3.5 game lead in the WC. So, to sit here and say, the Sox look lifeless and listless and hopeless when at long last they are finally showing signs of life (this post went up in the Clubhouse mere seconds after Gooch's tying HR - I know because I replied with a humorous post in the "what would you do with Gooch's at bat last Saturday thread shortly before this one went up). It was pure rampant dark cloud stupidity and I stand behind everything I have said in this thread AND the decision to stick it in this baseball trash forum. It's a stinker, plain and simple from timing to insight to a complete confusion over how to fix the "so called problems" that the Sox have.

Post stupid crap, I am going to call you on it. That's all there is to it.

batmanZoSo
08-31-2006, 12:16 AM
Wow, what a pile of crap.

rainbow6
08-31-2006, 12:16 AM
I've heard it reported several times the last couple of days that the Sox played .500 during the 24 games in 24 day stretch. If that was wrong, I apoligize for not double checking...

I'm by no means trying to be a 'dark cloud' - I'm thrilled to be 1 1/2 games up at this point in the sesason. However, I think most fans who follow the sport closely would be hard-pressed to describe the Sox play as 'solid.'

Tonight Hawk touched on this and said that if the team does not improve it's play (he seemed to be particularly concerned with moving runners over) they won't deserve to be in the post season.

Luke

JorgeFabregas
08-31-2006, 01:47 AM
They negotiated the dog-days pretty well. Before the stretch, Terry Boers said that they had to go about 13-11 during this string without a day off to keep pace and that they could make their hay later. Guess what? He was dead-on. Sure, the team is not playing great right now, but they're winning.

voodoochile
08-31-2006, 11:32 AM
Just wanted to say that after re-reading the opening post from this thread, I think I misunderstood what Rich was trying to say last night. The lack of punctuation in the worst of the worse part of the post really threw me off. I thought you were saying the Sox were playing the worst (baseball) of the worse (teams), not the worst (team) of the worse (teams).

So, I do apologize for going completely off on you, Rich. I think I goofed, but if you will try to be clearer in your thoughts, I will endeavor to give you a little more rope.

CaptainBallz
08-31-2006, 11:46 AM
Just wanted to say that after re-reading the opening post from this thread, I think I misunderstood what Rich was trying to say last night. The lack of punctuation in the worst of the worse part of the post really threw me off. I thought you were saying the Sox were playing the worst (baseball) of the worse (teams), not the worst (team) of the worse (teams).

So, I do apologize for going completely off on you, Rich. I think I goofed, but if you will try to be clearer in your thoughts, I will endeavor to give you a little more rope.

You're too kind. That still is a piece of crap post which is basically rich FREAKING OUT because the Sox didn't blow the DRays out of the water last night. No, it wasn't pretty by any means, but at this point of the season if you feel the need to bitch about any win, you need to **** the **** up.:cool:

And you have no freakin idea how Paulie is in the clubhouse and how he tries to motivate these guys. I don't think going off in the media about them is really the #1 approach, do you? Really?

kobo
08-31-2006, 12:00 PM
Yeah, that series at home aginst the Tigers 2 weeks ago, they sure looked flat then and played like ****.

batmanZoSo
08-31-2006, 12:04 PM
You're too kind. That still is piece of crap post which is basically rich FREAKING OUT because the Sox didn't blow the DRays out of the water last night. No, it wasn't pretty by any means, but at this point of the season if you feel the need to bitch about any win, you need to **** the **** up.:cool:

And you have no freakin idea how Paulie is in the clubhouse and how he tries to motivate these guys. I don't think going off in the media about them is really the #1 approach, do you? Really?

People forget that last year was pretty much a battle from start to finish. We had a few winning streak where we played great ball, but no game was easy. We never dominated anybody. At times we looked as bad or worse than any time this year. With some people it's as if they expect a baseball team to be "on" every single night, it's amazing. How many years does one have to watch baseball to know that it just doesn't work that way? The best teams lose 40% of the time and often look bad doing it. :rolleyes:

maurice
08-31-2006, 01:00 PM
Everybody complains about the grammar police on the Internet, but this thread proves that bad grammar has powerful, negative effects. It made Voodoo defend Konerko!
:o:
:wink:

soxfan13
08-31-2006, 01:36 PM
Everybody complains about the grammar police on the Internet, but this thread proves that bad grammar has powerful, negative effects. It made Voodoo defend Konerko!
:o:
:wink:

Yes I was quite shocked! Since me and Voodoo where exhanging barbs on Konerko and Thomas the other day:o:

Mercy!
08-31-2006, 05:49 PM
Everybody complains about the grammar police on the Internet.....Everyone? Au contraire, sir. Not I. Therefore, your use of "everyone" in this context is clearly hyperbolic.