PDA

View Full Version : Avoid Congestion?

Revolutn
08-30-2006, 03:58 PM
Ok fellow WhiteSox faithful, here's a question for ya.

I know there's been a few threads about premier cheap or even free parking around the ol' ball park, but I'm wondering if anyone can offer a better route to Comiskey from the Western burbs. (Lisle/Naperville area) than 290 with it's terrible backup.

Normally I run up 88 to 290 to 90/94 and exit 37th St.

But I can't get on the road this evening before 5:30 and with a 7:05 start time, I really don't want to miss the opening pitch, not to mention I have to meet people to actually claim my ticket, so if I'm late, they're gonna be late and PO'd to boot.

Anyone with a faster lesser congested route that they can offer?

Thanks,
Rev

jenn2080
08-30-2006, 03:58 PM
Ashland

FoulTerritory
08-30-2006, 04:02 PM
I have tested all possible routes from naperville. This is the current fastest route's, as determined by my analysis:

88 East to 355 South to 55 North
Get off at California. Take a right on California. Take a left on Pershing. Take pershing all the way to the South parking lots.

I've found this route to be much faster than Ashland.
And 355 to 55 tends to be less horrendous than 294 or 290 to 90-94.

Scottzilla
08-30-2006, 04:03 PM
park the car in oak park and take the green line in.

salty99
08-30-2006, 04:04 PM
my new route from Aurora is 75th to Route 83 Kingery to 55 North to Ashland/Dan Ryan if it's not congested

SoxFan78
08-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Ok fellow WhiteSox faithful, here's a question for ya.

I know there's been a few threads about premier cheap or even free parking around the ol' ball park, but I'm wondering if anyone can offer a better route to Comiskey from the Western burbs. (Lisle/Naperville area) than 290 with it's terrible backup.

Normally I run up 88 to 290 to 90/94 and exit 37th St.

But I can't get on the road this evening before 5:30 and with a 7:05 start time, I really don't want to miss the opening pitch, not to mention I have to meet people to actually claim my ticket, so if I'm late, they're gonna be late and PO'd to boot.

Anyone with a faster lesser congested route that they can offer?

Thanks,
Rev

55 is still probably your best way, but leaving at 5:30, pretty much every freeway is gonna be at a stand still.

Good luck!

Boozer
08-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Definetly take 55 over 88/290. But your gonna have trouble no matter what you drive in at 5:30.

You know the people that you are meeting for your ticket can leave your ticket at will call for you, just in case your late. I've done this plenty of times.

Revolutn
08-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks to all for the suggestions, I will try the 355/55 combo tonight and see what happens.

Also thanks for the suggestion about leaving tickets at Will Call....if it gets too close for comfort I'll ring their cell and recommend they do so.

Later,
Rev.

Chip Z'nuff
08-30-2006, 05:52 PM
take 88 west till it intersects i-80 take I-80 west to San Francisco, board plane to Bejing. Rent car take roads westward to Ireland. board plane to New York. Get back on i-80 and travel west to i-57, take i-57 north to 31st (not 35th!, less traffic) take left at alley before train tracks where the Maxwell St Depot is. This allet will take you right into lot C. (I think you actually gain a day by taking this route)

MDF3530
08-30-2006, 06:13 PM
take 88 west till it intersects i-80 take I-80 west to San Francisco, board plane to Bejing. Rent car take roads westward to Ireland. board plane to New York. Get back on i-80 and travel west to i-57, take i-57 north to 31st (not 35th!, less traffic) take left at alley before train tracks where the Maxwell St Depot is. This allet will take you right into lot C. (I think you actually gain a day by taking this route)ROTFLMAO :D: ! That sounds like a Looney Tunes route (don't forget the left turn at Albequerque)!

the gooch
08-31-2006, 11:19 AM
Thanks to all for the suggestions, I will try the 355/55 combo tonight and see what happens.

Also thanks for the suggestion about leaving tickets at Will Call....if it gets too close for comfort I'll ring their cell and recommend they do so.

Later,
Rev.
this probably didn't go well because of the construction at the interchange. I would have suggested exit off I-355 at either 75th or boughton. go east to lemont rd and get on I-55 there.
But then again i am way too late.

35th&Shields
08-31-2006, 11:28 AM
Ashland
Or get off at the UIC-Racine exit and turn right taking Racine as far as it will take you then make a left and head south on Halsted. You could also park by UIC and then take the Blue to the Red. It'll get you in and out faster and then you can just jump back on 290 and spare the parking costs and congestion around the park. Buddies of mine have also found places to park in Chinatown and then hopped on the Red for a stop.

jenn2080
08-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Or get off at the UIC-Racine exit and turn right taking Racine as far as it will take you then make a left and head south on Halsted. You could also park by UIC and then take the Blue to the Red. It'll get you in and out faster and then you can just jump back on 290 and spare the parking costs and congestion around the park. Buddies of mine have also found places to park in Chinatown and then hopped on the Red for a stop.

my brother parks in chinatown and loves it. 8 bucks and no traffic.

tebman
08-31-2006, 11:44 AM
I have tested all possible routes from naperville. This is the current fastest route's, as determined by my analysis:

88 East to 355 South to 55 North
Get off at California. Take a right on California. Take a left on Pershing. Take pershing all the way to the South parking lots.

I've found this route to be much faster than Ashland.
And 355 to 55 tends to be less horrendous than 294 or 290 to 90-94.

Excellent advice! I take I-55 north into the city and get off at Damen, taking Damen south to Pershing, then east on Pershing to Stewart Street, which is the alley immediately east of the railroad viaduct that's next to the ballpark. Stewart leads directly into Lot F. Traffic has always been light and easy on that route. The only delays I've had have been when the parking-lot staff were late opening the gate to the lot.

I haven't tried getting off at California, but that would work just as well and also allow you to get off the expressway sooner.

The less time on the expressways, the better! "Expressway" is an oxymoron anyway, since the local streets are often faster during the day.

nevr say dye sox
08-31-2006, 11:44 AM
I live in Oak Brook and by far the best way for me is complicated but gets me to the Park in 35-40 minutes everytime leaving at 5 or 5:30. Take 31st all the way till it dead ends in Riverside. Turn Rt and go thru Riverside and the little downtown area over the tracks. You will wind around thru houses and will wonder where the hell am I. Eventually you will turn right and go thru a little forest preserve. The you'll see a light which is Ogden. You can turn left on Ogden or go straight and veer left onto Pershing. Take Pershing thru Berwyn and Cicero and when you get to Central Av, turn right and get on 55 from there. No traffic and you'll be at the park in 10 minutes.:bandance:

alohafri
08-31-2006, 01:56 PM
my new route from Aurora is 75th to Route 83 Kingery to 55 North to Ashland/Dan Ryan if it's not congested

Wave at my house when you hit Kingery and 55!

salty99
08-31-2006, 02:06 PM
Wave at my house when you hit Kingery and 55!

Will DO!