PDA

View Full Version : September 16th Network Change

Kogs35
08-30-2006, 11:56 AM
Fox has picked up the whitesox-a's game from oakland, so instead of it being on wgn it will be on fox.

Frater Perdurabo
08-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Fox has picked up the whitesox-a's game from oakland, so instead of it being on wgn it will be on fox.

So down here in Dallas, where one might expect an Oakland A's game to get televised (given their AL West rivalry with the Rangers), we'll instead get a Yankees or Red Sox game. So it's one less Sox game I'll get to see because of Rupert Murdoch.
:angry:

Kogs35
08-30-2006, 01:15 PM
So down here in Dallas, where one might expect an Oakland A's game to get televised (given their AL West rivalry with the Rangers), we'll instead get a Yankees or Red Sox game. So it's one less Sox game I'll get to see because of Rupert Murdoch.
:angry:

or phillies-astros

chisoxmike
08-31-2006, 12:41 AM
Can't they do something about Sept. 30??:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

****ing Minnesota.

WizardsofOzzie
08-31-2006, 12:46 AM

****ing Minnesota.

wow i just realized that. Why the hell would they do such a thing

chisoxfanatic
08-31-2006, 12:49 AM

****ing Minnesota.

I talked about this with the lady behind me tonight about this very thing, and the both of us came to a consensus that, if the game was meaningful in the grand scheme of things, something would be worked out.

LuvSox
08-31-2006, 12:52 AM
I talked about this with the lady behind me tonight about this very thing, and the both of us came to a consensus that, if the game was meaningful in the grand scheme of things, something would be worked out.

It'll be on, count on it.

chisoxfanatic
08-31-2006, 12:54 AM
It'll be on, count on it.

FOX would have to do the broadcast if that were the case. It wouldn't be bad to drop the Cubs game that weekend either, because the Cubs haven't been playing meaningful games since October of 2003.

chisoxmike
08-31-2006, 12:58 AM
From what I heard. the game is blacked-out because the Golden ****ing Gophers have broadcasting rights in the garbage dome on Saturday. That's why its a 11:10am start.

I don't even think FOX can broadcast before noon nationally on local stations.

****ing Minnesota.

chisoxfanatic
08-31-2006, 12:59 AM
From what I heard. the game is blacked-out because the Golden ****ing Gophers have broadcasting rights in the garbage dome on Saturday. That's why its a 11:10am start.

****ing Minnesota.

That's dumb! College sports should never take precedent over a PROFESSIONAL sport!

chisoxmike
08-31-2006, 01:00 AM
That's dumb! College sports should never take precedent over a PROFESSIONAL sport!

That's Minnesota for you...

harwar
08-31-2006, 08:24 AM
I am counting on the sept. 30th game being gone but i am not at all happy about a wgn game being switched to fox.
Now i will get the yankees-red sox instead of what may be a great White Sox - oakland game.

Frater Perdurabo
08-31-2006, 09:35 AM
or phillies-astros

I doubt it.

The June 24 White Sox-Astros game was shown on virtually all the Fox affiliates in Texas and nearby states, including Abilene, Alexandria (LA), Austin, Baton Rouge (LA), Beaumont, El Paso, Harlingen, Corpus Christi, Houston (obviously), San Antonio, San Angelo, Sherman, Victoria, Waco, Wichita Falls, Oklahoma City (OK), Tulsa (OK), Wichita (KS) and even Springfield (MO). Clearly it was of interest to Texans and those living in adjacent states, and indeed large swaths of the country, as it was a rematch of the World Series.

But here in Dallas-Fort Worth - where hundreds of thousands of transplants from Chicago and Houston reside and greatly outnumber transplants from New England - we got a Red Sox game.

Have I mentioned that I hate Rupert Murdoch?

Kogs35
08-31-2006, 09:43 AM

****ing Minnesota.

actually in 2003 fox had a twins-rangers game scheduled at 11:10 for those markets, but ended up dropping the game when the rangers fell out of the playoff contention.

Iwritecode
08-31-2006, 10:47 AM

This is the second or third year in a row it's happened.

BTW, there's like 5 other threads on this subject already...

Scottiehaswheels
08-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Well that kinda sucks for me... maybe tix will become cheaper? :D:

Lip Man 1
08-31-2006, 01:05 PM
The issue of college vs. professional probably has nothing to do with it. The specific terms of the lease agreement may be what decides who has priority and such.

The Gophers may have had better lawyers when it was drawn up then the Twins.

Lip

ewokpelts
08-31-2006, 02:18 PM
The issue of college vs. professional probably has nothing to do with it. The specific terms of the lease agreement may be what decides who has priority and such.

The Gophers may have had better lawyers when it was drawn up then the Twins.

Lipyeah, but i heard that college draw up schedules 5-10 years in ADVANCE.....they cant tell the twins "hey, we booked these dates...dont put playoff raimification type games there"

ewokpelts
08-31-2006, 02:19 PM
I am counting on the sept. 30th game being gone but i am not at all happy about a wgn game being switched to fox.
Now i will get the yankees-red sox instead of what may be a great White Sox - oakland game.u get wgn superstation?

Iwritecode
08-31-2006, 03:45 PM
yeah, but i heard that college draw up schedules 5-10 years in ADVANCE.....they cant tell the twins "hey, we booked these dates...dont put playoff raimification type games there"

How about "hey, we booked these dates...make sure you're on the road."

08-31-2006, 03:53 PM
Is this changing the game time? Son of a ***** I have tickets to that game.

Iwritecode
08-31-2006, 04:04 PM
Is this changing the game time? Son of a ***** I have tickets to that game.

As of right now, the game is still at 11:10 AM CST. I doubt it will change.

08-31-2006, 04:14 PM
As of right now, the game is still at 11:10 AM CST. I doubt it will change.

Phew! :redface: