PDA

View Full Version : Konerko determined

Daver
02-24-2002, 05:18 PM
To have a better spring this year.

http://www.chicagosports.com/whitesox/content/story/0,1984,176025,00.html

mrwag
02-24-2002, 06:34 PM
Boys, I don't know about you, but I think we're in for a real special year. I just have that feeling.

LongDistanceFan
02-24-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by mrwag
Boys, I don't know about you, but I think we're in for a real special year. I just have that feeling. hope ur right, b/c there is alot of unanswered questions concerning the health and pitching.

doublem23
02-24-2002, 06:45 PM
Boys, I don't know about you, but I think we're in for a real special year. I just have that feeling.

I think we're on the brink of having more than just one special year, I honestly think the Sox are on the verge of having a real special run....

Jerry_Manuel
02-24-2002, 06:46 PM
Konerko better get off to a good start, it's a contract year.

WinningUgly!
02-24-2002, 07:01 PM

I hope your right...I had that same feeling last year at this time :(:

RedPinStripes
02-24-2002, 07:59 PM
I didn't know Konerko is on a contract year. No one is talking about that. Sox better try giving him a deal before other teams get a chance to talk to him. A lot of contracts this year. That's good and bad. All these guys might have monster years and they can be gone next year. Epecially with the Jerry economics.

bc2k
02-24-2002, 09:21 PM
"Thomas, Ordonez and Konerko make up one of the more formidable threesomes in the game, and with Kenny Lofton as the new table-setter, they all should have plenty of opportunities."

This paragraph from the website opened my eyes. Thomas, Ordonez, and Konerko are a way more lethal 3-4-5 than Sosa, McGriff, and Alou. Especially when you figure that McGriff and Alou will spend a quarter of the season on the DL and how much damage can your 3-4-5 do when they don't have anyone to drive in? Lofton and Durham will be on base far more often than Hill/DeShields and Mueller.

I chalk this up to chicago media bias who choose to talk about the cubs 3-4-5 because Alou was a free agent aquisition and Thomas, Maggs, and Konerko came up through the sox organization.

Daver
02-24-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
"Thomas, Ordonez and Konerko make up one of the more formidable threesomes in the game, and with Kenny Lofton as the new table-setter, they all should have plenty of opportunities."

This paragraph from the website opened my eyes. Thomas, Ordonez, and Konerko are a way more lethal 3-4-5 than Sosa, McGriff, and Alou. Especially when you figure that McGriff and Alou will spend a quarter of the season on the DL and how much damage can your 3-4-5 do when they don't have anyone to drive in? Lofton and Durham will be on base far more often than Hill/DeShields and Mueller.

I chalk this up to chicago media bias who choose to talk about the cubs 3-4-5 because Alou was a free agent aquisition and Thomas, Maggs, and Konerko came up through the sox organization.

Konerko was acquired in a trade from the Reds and made the roster in ST,he never spent a day in the Sox minor league system.

RichH55
02-25-2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I didn't know Konerko is on a contract year. No one is talking about that. Sox better try giving him a deal before other teams get a chance to talk to him. A lot of contracts this year. That's good and bad. All these guys might have monster years and they can be gone next year. Epecially with the Jerry economics.

I believe he will still be arbitration elegible(not sure there), but either way Konerko and Lee are playing for their futures this year

RedPinStripes
02-25-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by RichH55

I believe he will still be arbitration elegible(not sure there), but either way Konerko and Lee are playing for their futures this year

I think i see a possible 950 + runs this year.

RichH55
02-25-2002, 04:00 AM

I think i see a possible 950 + runs this year.

Definately....the Offense was still in the upper half of Baseball with no Frank, a bad year from C Lee, and even more of a blackhole in CF than we have now.....Black holes of C and whenever Clayton steals his paycheck from still exist....A potent lineup and could be potent for quite a while! I think I just caught Baseball fevor

foulkesfan11
02-25-2002, 09:22 PM
I sure hope Konerko puts up some good numbers this year. He always seems to have a good month & then a bad month. If he's consistent, we'll do well!

:kelly

bc2k
02-25-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by daver

Konerko was acquired in a trade from the Reds and made the roster in ST,he never spent a day in the Sox minor league system.

I was aware of that, the point was comparing free agents to men already on the team.

RedPinStripes
02-26-2002, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by bc2k

I was aware of that, the point was comparing free agents to men already on the team.

That's not what I read.

bc2k
02-27-2002, 12:17 AM

That's not what I read.

I was trying to make my point quickly without gibberish and another sentence. But if you want to be technical, I never said Konerko came up through the sox farm system. He "came up", or made his mark as a big leaguer in a sox uniform. Konerko became a good hitter during his sox tenure and was not aquired via free agency at the tail-end of his career like alou. I hope you see the difference in alou and Konerko in the manner in which they were aquired and the time in their respective careers at which they were aquired.

My posts at WSI are sometimes a little vague, being as I assume you are all die-hard knowledgeable sox fans who have a great knowledge of the team. I assumed you and I all knew how Paulie was aquired. So in my attempts to save myself typing one line explaining exactly how Konerko was aquired, I wound up typing this whole post.

I am most upset that you guys are looking at this instead of responding to the quality post I originally posted on the 3-4-5 hitters. Go back and read my post to brighten your day. Treat yourself to another quality post from bc2k.

RedPinStripes
02-27-2002, 04:03 AM
Damn. you sure took a lot to explain yourself over my little sentence.

bc2k
02-27-2002, 04:10 AM
Damn. you sure took a lot to explain yourself over my little sentence.

Yes but did I finally get my point across?

foulkesfan11
02-27-2002, 04:00 PM
Can't we all just get along? :)

Smile Guys. It's all about love here!

RichH55
02-27-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
Can't we all just get along? :)

Smile Guys. It's all about love here!

Love my ass! You mention love again and I'll rip your freaking head off! Oh and since we didn't mention it in about 3 posts down with the Choice!

foulkesfan11
02-27-2002, 04:09 PM
Rip my freaking head off????? Calm down slugger. Geez! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. There, that's better!

Take out your frustrations somewhere else.

:) :) :)

RichH55
02-27-2002, 04:13 PM
Rip my freaking head off????? Calm down slugger. Geez! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. There, that's better!

Take out your frustrations somewhere else.

:) :) :)

Teal is the sarcasm color.....I love everyone of course.....all except for Royce and for some odd reason TV's Craig Kilborne....I don't know why...thats just the way it works

foulkesfan11
02-27-2002, 04:15 PM
Oh, didn't know that about teal. Thanks. Isn't Carig Kilbourne that talk show guy? Who do you hate more, Royce or Shammy?

RichH55
02-27-2002, 04:18 PM
Oh, didn't know that about teal. Thanks. Isn't Carig Kilbourne that talk show guy? Who do you hate more, Royce or Shammy?

Royce.....familarity breeds contempt