PDA

View Full Version : Riske

ndgt10
08-30-2006, 08:57 AM
I thought this guy was supposed to hit the mid-90's? The best I have seen of him is 88.

He kind of reminds of Garcia the way he throws slow meat right down the pipe for opposing hitters to tee off on.

The one positive I see is that he is not the worst pitcher in the bullpen.

caulfield12
08-30-2006, 09:19 AM
He's been 87-91 all season, from what I've seen.

He did throw a couple of MPH faster in Cleveland, but he was definitely not a mid 90's fireballer by any stretch of the imagination.

He has a very good arm, and resilient, but not a great one.

BNLSox
08-30-2006, 09:26 AM
I never liked the idea of someone in the bullpen named Riske.

0o0o0
08-30-2006, 09:35 AM
I don't think this is a Politte/Cotts type extended stretch of pitching terrible. I've felt pretty comfortable with him on the mound for the most part this year. I think he'll turn it around soon.

gobears1987
08-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Well, isn't Riske just coming off of surgery? That could explain a loss of velocity. Either way, he has been fairly effective out of the pen this year.

Chicken Dinner
08-30-2006, 11:11 AM
He did throw a couple of MPH faster in Cleveland, but he was definitely not a mid 90's fireballer by any stretch of the imagination.

Yeah but they were balls.

MDF3530
08-30-2006, 05:20 PM
I don't think this is a Politte/Cotts type extended stretch of pitching terrible. I've felt pretty comfortable with him on the mound for the most part this year. I think he'll turn it around soon.You've been comfortable with David Riske coming in?!? Every time I see him, I get apoplectic with rage. He can't get me out, and I haven't played organized baseball since I was 12 years old.

hawkjt
08-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Before his last two outings Riske had given up 2 er. 3 runs total in his last 10 appearances.

That is better than a little league pitcher. He is better than any other righthander down on the farm or they would be here. He has had two bad outings but overall he has a decent year going.

I think he wants to work more often- that is what I heard him say. He had not been used for several days before last nite.