PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone anwser this

Whitesox4ever
08-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Sept 30th game aganist the Twins won't be televised but lets say the Sox can clinched the divison or wildcard spot on that day. Will ESPN pick up the game or do we have to listen to it on the radio..

Ol' No. 2
08-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Sept 30th game aganist the Twins won't be televised but lets say the Sox can clinched the divison or wildcard spot on that day. Will ESPN pick up the game or do we have to listen to it on the radio..I'm pretty sure the rule is that no game can be televised while the Fox GOTW is on. So unless Fox decides to show that game instead of whatever else they have planned, it's not going to be on TV anywhere. And I'm not sure Fox will touch it because they can't move it to the normal Fox GOTW timeslot.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-29-2006, 06:01 PM
why won't it be on comcast?

Brian26
08-29-2006, 11:38 PM
why won't it be on comcast?

Because Fox owns the rights.

However, I can't imagine they would let something like this slip by if a big rating could be had. I have a feeling they would broadcast it locally in Chicago and Minneapolis or sell the rights to Comcast.

Chips
08-29-2006, 11:41 PM
Fox owns the rights to all televised games from 1pm EST to 4pm EST on Saturdays.

The only way we will see the game is if Fox sells the rights to Comcast to broadcast it or we go to the damn game in person.

Why would anyone want to watch it when you can listen to Ed and Chris on the radio?

JorgeFabregas
08-29-2006, 11:46 PM
A potential public relations nightmare for MLB/Fox. I bet it gets put on TV if it's a potential clinching game.

Ol' No. 2
08-30-2006, 09:14 AM
A potential public relations nightmare for MLB/Fox. I bet it gets put on TV if it's a potential clinching game.You'd lose. They had the same situation last year and they said definatively that it would NOT be televised under any circumstances.

NoShoesJoe
08-30-2006, 09:17 AM
I hate Fox.

illini81887
08-30-2006, 09:40 AM
lets just hope we have everything wrapped up by then

Goose
08-30-2006, 09:43 AM
I hate Fox.

Why Hate Fox? They are in the business of making money. I understand that they can be flexible, but they don't HAVE to be. The real hate here should be MLB and they schedule makers. Why on earth would MLB schedule games in MIN when they have to be played at 11:00 in the morning? This happened last year as well. The Gophers have the "right of way" in the Metrodome...why doesn't MLB realize that this is a train wreck and NOT SCHEDULE THE DAMN SERIES AT THIS TIME OF YEAR IN MINNESOTA???

skottyj242
08-30-2006, 09:43 AM
What's the over/under on how many of these threads will be started before the game? I'm saying seven, and I'll take the over. I think this is already three.

NoShoesJoe
08-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Why Hate Fox? They are in the business of making money. I understand that they can be flexible, but they don't HAVE to be. The real hate here should be MLB and they schedule makers. Why on earth would MLB schedule games in MIN when they have to be played at 11:00 in the morning? This happened last year as well. The Gophers have the "right of way" in the Metrodome...why doesn't MLB realize that this is a train wreck and NOT SCHEDULE THE DAMN SERIES AT THIS TIME OF YEAR IN MINNESOTA???

How do you feel about Joe Buck? Or Tim McCarver? I like Lou, but he'll be managing next year.

downstairs
08-30-2006, 10:58 AM
What's the over/under on how many of these threads will be started before the game? I'm saying seven, and I'll take the over. I think this is already three.

No way, this is like the 10th or 11th...

:rolleyes:

Goose
08-30-2006, 11:01 AM
How do you feel about Joe Buck? Or Tim McCarver? I like Lou, but he'll be managing next year.

Point taken...go on and hate Fox!

Kogs35
08-30-2006, 11:03 AM
for it to be on comcast fox would have to allow it and fox32 in chicago would have to show one of the later games. or the whitesox can petition to mlb like the yankees did for game2 of there double header with the marlins and they could make fox show it.

Chicken Dinner
08-30-2006, 11:05 AM
When they change the stadium from baseball to football, don't they have to move a bunch of their cameras around?

Iwritecode
08-30-2006, 11:08 AM

That's exactly my thinking. It's not like the Gophers schedule came as a big suprise. The Twins should be on the road that weekend.

southwstchi4life
08-30-2006, 01:14 PM
should be on radio I think