PDA

View Full Version : Valentin thinks it's the Sox year.


Jerry_Manuel
02-24-2002, 01:21 PM
From whitesox.com

"I've been doing it for nine years, but it's not just one more year for me," said Valentin, a third baseman who parked 28 home runs despite missing 40 games with hamstring problems. "It's because I think this is going to be the year for us."

Ok.

CubKilla
02-24-2002, 01:34 PM
First he does Shammy's chest-thumping and kiss-blowing. Now he's saying what Soso has said every year when he arrives at Spring Training. Only difference here is that Valentin is.....

:mkillcub

GO WHITE SOX!

Cubbiesuck13
02-24-2002, 01:45 PM
The sammy thing was genius. Funny funny. How many times has a sox player said those words, it cant be that often. At least not as often as Scrub player. I hope he is right.
:sockem

RichH55
02-24-2002, 03:30 PM
He is the team's heart and soul...so I have no problem with confidence...its better than Jerrys everyone is 5th starter spiel

MarqSox
02-24-2002, 03:36 PM
What's wrong with a little optimism? It's one thing to start talking about a championship if you're playing on the Expos, but shoot, we SHOULD win the AL Central this year, and so it's not like it's a huge stretch to mention going all the way.

:hawk
"Whether you think you can win, or whether you think you can't, you're right either way."

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-24-2002, 05:54 PM
:manos
My mustache has never looked better. I will be playing SS and my mustache will cover third.

:gulp:

bjmarte
02-24-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by SoxRulecubsdrool
:manos
My mustache has never looked better. I will be playing SS and my mustache will cover third.

:gulp:

LOL. Do you think I could start a 100 post thread if I said that Manos' mustache is better than Clayton. Well at least offensively.

guillen4life13
02-24-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte


LOL. Do you think I could start a 100 post thread if I said that Manos' mustache is better than Clayton. Well at least offensively.

i just thought that, even if I am a royce basher myself, he did have a better season average than manos. that is a fact, but the other thing we must consider is that manos knows how to drive runs in. royce on a streak can knock in a few. ON A STREAK!!!

jose as a RH can drive runs in. he should give up switch hittin tho.

bjmarte
02-24-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13


i just thought that, even if I am a royce basher myself, he did have a better season average than manos. that is a fact, but the other thing we must consider is that manos knows how to drive runs in. royce on a streak can knock in a few. ON A STREAK!!!

jose as a RH can drive runs in. he should give up switch hittin tho. But what about his mustache?

Daver
02-24-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte
But what about his mustache?

It is out on a date with Oscar Gambles afro.A match made in heaven.:redneck

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-25-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by daver


It is out on a date with Oscar Gambles afro.A match made in heaven.:redneck

:iron
Did someone bring up perfect hair and mustache?

foulkesfan11
02-25-2002, 08:18 PM
If Valentin plays the same position every game, yes, we will do good. VALENTIN RULES!!!

RichH55
02-26-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
If Valentin plays the same position every game, yes, we will do good. VALENTIN RULES!!!


This whole race between Valentin and the Choice was over awhile ago wasn't it?

RedPinStripes
02-26-2002, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by RichH55



This whole race between Valentin and the Choice was over awhile ago wasn't it?

It's a never ending battle.

FarmerAndy
02-26-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by RichH55



This whole race between Valentin and the Choice was over awhile ago wasn't it?

Yes, it was over a long time ago. Valentin won in the area of popularity with the fans. The Choice won the SS job.

Hmmmm, maybe if Clayton grew a mustache?????????????????

voodoochile
02-26-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy


Yes, it was over a long time ago. Valentin won in the area of popularity with the fans. The Choice won the SS job.

Hmmmm, maybe if Clayton grew a mustache?????????????????

Yeah - that would help...

Then he would be a SS with the moves of Buddy Lee, the bat of Mike Caruso, the arm of your average HS female softball player, the attitude of Albert Belle... with a mustache...

WOOOHOOO!!! SOX WIN THE PENNANT!!!

Just f'n with ya'

:)

RedPinStripes
02-26-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy


Yes, it was over a long time ago. Valentin won in the area of popularity with the fans. The Choice won the SS job.

Hmmmm, maybe if Clayton grew a mustache?????????????????

He has a cheezy one.

:hitless
Ceezy it is. see?

FarWestChicago
02-26-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy


Yes, it was over a long time ago. Valentin won in the area of popularity with the fans. The Choice won the SS job.I can't help but wonder exactly what Andy is farming? Buddy "won" the SS job? It was handed to him along with a big salary. He didn't "win" anything.

cheeses_h_rice
02-26-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I can't help but wonder exactly what Andy is farming? Buddy "won" the SS job? It was handed to him along with a big salary. He didn't "win" anything.

Either sweet leaf or sorghum, I'm guessing...

FarmerAndy
02-26-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I can't help but wonder exactly what Andy is farming? Buddy "won" the SS job? It was handed to him along with a big salary. He didn't "win" anything.

Sorry, I never use the color code thing. My post was completely sarcastic, if that wasn't obvious enough. It doesn't take too much to get Valentin lovers all wound up, does it? Even Clayton backers, such as myself, know that Clayton didn't win anything.

At this point, I just want the Sox to win. As long as the Sox win, I don't care if it's Valentin or Clayton at shortstop. Hell, I wouldn't care if PaleHoseGeorge or Daver were at shortstop, as long as the Sox are winning.

As far as the farming thing: I farm people for animal consumption.

(Now post your jokes about feeding Clayton to an animal.)

bjmarte
02-26-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy


As far as the farming thing: I farm people for animal consumption.

(Now post your jokes about feeding Clayton to an animal.)

Well now it isn't as much fun, now is it?

voodoochile
02-26-2002, 02:16 PM
(Now post your jokes about feeding Clayton to an animal.)

That might feed one small lion cub, but he is too damn stringy to get any real meat off of. But on the plus side they wouldn't have to run far to catch Buddy Lee and that would be good for the animals - so it might be energy effective after all...