PDA

View Full Version : Seeing Sox in ANAHEIM - September

woodsdavid
08-29-2006, 01:49 PM
What WSI members are going to Angels series in Anaheim?

Which game?
If out of town, where are you staying?
Any restaurant recommendations in Anaheim or Irvine?
I'll be there on business and may want to take customers. Other than Ticketmaster/scalpers, any connections/suggestions on tickets? Might need 4-6 for the 12th or 13th? Or if I'm not taking clients, anyone have an extra to sell for either date?

08-29-2006, 01:55 PM
I am going to all 3 games of the Oakland series.

jenn2080
08-29-2006, 02:10 PM

Which game?
Any restaurant recommendations in Anaheim or Irvine?I'll be there on business and may want to take customers. Other than Ticketmaster/scalpers, any connections/suggestions on tickets? Might need 4-6 for the 12th or 13th? Or if I'm not taking clients, anyone have an extra to sell for either date?

Paybooyah would be the best person to answer food places etc. I got my hotel on hotwire and we stayed 2 miles or less from the stadium. I got my tickets from ticketexchange.

ChiSoxLifer
08-29-2006, 02:19 PM

Which game?
Any restaurant recommendations in Anaheim or Irvine?I'll be there on business and may want to take customers. Other than Ticketmaster/scalpers, any connections/suggestions on tickets? Might need 4-6 for the 12th or 13th? Or if I'm not taking clients, anyone have an extra to sell for either date?

Hi Jenn,

I might see you there although I haven't got tix yet. There is a shopping area called the "Block At Orange" that has many nice restaurants and it's only a few miles away. Here's the link. http://http://www.blockatorange.com/static/node873.jsp

-Karl

gbergman
08-29-2006, 03:45 PM
im going to the monday game, going to try and make the tuesday nighter but school wioll determine that.

markopat
08-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Try the Townplace Suite...2 blocks from Ballpark!

Towneplace Suites By Marriott

1730 S State College Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92806
(714) 939-9700
(714) 939-9887

Restaurant to Try:

JT Schmids-Across from the Duck Pond-GREAT MicroBrew...Try the IPA

J.T. Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery
2610 E. Katella Ave
Anaheim, CA 92806
714/937-1901
Incredible dining atmosphere including a display kitchen and brewery. Gourmet microbrews combined with upscale California cuisine. Banquet facilities, live music and patio dining. Located across from the Arrowhead Pond. Dress casual. Hours: Mon. - Fri. 11:30 a.m.-12 midnight; Sat. 12 p.m.-2 a.m.; Sun. 10 a.m.-12 midnight. AE-DC-DS-MC-V. $$

jenn2080
08-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Try the Townplace Suite...2 blocks from Ballpark!

Towneplace Suites By Marriott

1730 S State College Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92806
(714) 939-9700
(714) 939-9887

Restaurant to Try:

JT Schmids-Across from the Duck Pond-GREAT MicroBrew...Try the IPA

J.T. Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery
2610 E. Katella Ave
Anaheim, CA 92806
714/937-1901
Incredible dining atmosphere including a display kitchen and brewery. Gourmet microbrews combined with upscale California cuisine. Banquet facilities, live music and patio dining. Located across from the Arrowhead Pond. Dress casual. Hours: Mon. - Fri. 11:30 a.m.-12 midnight; Sat. 12 p.m.-2 a.m.; Sun. 10 a.m.-12 midnight. AE-DC-DS-MC-V. $$

ya that is where we went. they had good beer. the mall over by the stadium has a bunch of restaurants also.

gbergman
08-29-2006, 06:04 PM
ya that is where we went. they had good bear. the mall over by the stadium has a bunch of restaurants also.

Was the bear tender?

The national is always fun

MarySwiss
08-29-2006, 06:08 PM
I wanted to go, but couldn't quite get it together. :whiner:

Bright side is, I believe that next year's interleague schedule matches up the AL Central with the NL West. :smile:

TheKittle
08-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Irvine: If you like chains, you're in heaven. If you're like me and hate chains, it's hell. I'm guessing you're from Chicago and it maybe stupid to eat Chicago style food in CA but:

Chicago's Best in Irvine - on Main off the I-405 between McArthur and Jamboree. There is actually no sign for Chicago's Best but in a strip mall with other food places. I think they have a better hot dogs and polish than Portillo's. I've heard they have good Italian beef sandwiches but never had it.

Closer to the Anaheim Stadium.

Tulsa Rib Company in Orange- about 2-3 miles east of Anaheim Stadium.
Baby back ribs and Tulsa potatoes are great. This coming from somebody who doesn't like baby backs. You can take out and Anaheim Stadium allows you to bring in food. But no bottled drinks except water. You can bring in a Big Gulp type soda.

Nothing but ****ing chains around the stadium and at The Block.

JT Schmidt's is ok. But parking sucks and getting there after the game is a pain unless you walk from the stadium.

If you're on an expense account, Mr. Stoxx on Katella is very good but very pricey.

The Catch, across State College Blvd, from the stadium is good for seafood but gets very crowded before and after games.

And since nobody has ever heard this from me, In N Out, by far the best fast food style burger around.

PM me next week and let me see what I can do about tixs. I'm not trying to scalp the tixs, they would either be free or good seats at face value. (Had to put that in there in case some mods think I was trying to scalp tixs.)

Scottzilla
08-29-2006, 08:53 PM
I wanted to go, but couldn't quite get it together. :whiner:

Bright side is, I believe that next year's interleague schedule matches up the AL Central with the NL West. :smile:

Is that true? Maybe ill stay in so cal one more year then lol

By the way ill probably be going to the monday or tuesday night game. havnt decided yet. I got my ticket for the last series the sox were at anaheim from there ticket exchange.

SABRSox
08-29-2006, 09:43 PM
I've got tickets for all 3 games. Can't wait!

Scottzilla
08-30-2006, 02:27 PM
i tried posting about this a while back. is there a possibility of some group outing for any of the games?

TheKittle
08-30-2006, 04:41 PM
i tried posting about this a while back. is there a possibility of some group outing for any of the games?

I sure hope so. When the Sox were in town back in April, we had a blast. But it's tough, most WSIer live in LA, with traffic and the games being on weeknights to get a group outing.

But if anything is planned that would be great.

Scottzilla
08-30-2006, 05:25 PM
well they are all just big babies then!! cuz im gonna be coming from Valencia-- will probably leave work early.

MarySwiss
08-30-2006, 05:39 PM
I sure hope so. When the Sox were in town back in April, we had a blast. But it's tough, most WSIer live in LA, with traffic and the games being on weeknights to get a group outing.

But if anything is planned that would be great.

Please keep me posted if anything develops that includes tickets to the Tuesday and Wednesday games because I'm keeping my options open. As you know, I tried to pull a group together from Arizona, but as it's a weeknight series, it just never got off the ground.