PDA

View Full Version : Fake Sox Tickets ?

StrTrkker
08-29-2006, 01:17 PM
So I get up this morning to go out to mow the lawn. My wifes car is parked in the drive way and I notice the there is a note pinned under the wipers. The note reads: "For the Sox Fans"...and in the folded note there are 4 Sox Tickets. The tickets are for Section 18 Row 15 Seats 16,17,18,19.

Too good to be true? I'm not sure...I checked with a ticket from this year and all tho the ticket looks real enough the paper is a bit different not a shiny and not as sturdy. And I also noticed that the Dunkin Donut ad in the back had the coffee colored black not brown like the ticket I have. I also see that the ticket has no price on it on the top and on the bottom left has a date on the corner of 06/23/06 2:24:49.

So what do you guys think? Are these tickets ok or is it some poor Cubs fan (and there are a few in the neighborhood) stupid pratical joke...

whitesoxwilkes
08-29-2006, 01:20 PM
So I get up this morning to go out to mow the lawn. My wifes car is parked in the drive way and I notice the there is a note pinned under the wipers. The note reads: "For the Sox Fans"...and in the folded note there are 4 Sox Tickets. The tickets are for Section 18 Row 15 Seats 16,17,18,19.

Too good to be true? I'm not sure...I checked with a ticket from this year and all tho the ticket looks real enough the paper is a bit different not a shiny and not as sturdy. And I also noticed that the Dunkin Donut ad in the back had the coffee colored black not brown like the ticket I have. I also see that the ticket has no price on it on the top and on the bottom left has a date on the corner of 06/23/06 2:24:49.

So what do you guys think? Are these tickets ok or is it some poor Cubs fan (and there are a few in the neighborhood) stupid pratical joke...

There is no section 18, but there is a 118 and a 518. Section 118 does not have that many seats in it though.

No price probably means it's a comp they got with a voucher of some sort, if it is indeed real.

BainesHOF
08-29-2006, 01:21 PM
I'd call for police protection.

Mr.1Dog
08-29-2006, 01:21 PM
I have never heard of Section 18. Sounds like a bunch of the fakes I saw when I was roaming around the stadium during the World Series.

Domeshot17
08-29-2006, 01:30 PM
I would call the sox office and just ask them, they should be able to tell based on the numbers on the ticket if they are indeed real.