PDA

View Full Version : Big 2007 Ticket news

salty99
08-29-2006, 08:25 AM
According to a sales rep there will be NO Ozzie plan next year! This not been 100% confirmed yet, but is most likely to happen. I wonder if they are doing this to add more seats for 27/full game packages.

ewokpelts
08-29-2006, 08:56 AM
dosent suprise me, but i'd bet this plan would sell even without playoff options.
Gene

FielderJones
08-29-2006, 09:00 AM
Sounds like Ozzie Plan holders need to find one another and form full-season syndicates.

NoNeckEra
08-29-2006, 09:36 AM
According to a sales rep there will be NO Ozzie plan next year! This not been 100% confirmed yet, but is most likely to happen. I wonder if they are doing this to add more seats for 27/full game packages.
I got my Ozzie plan back in december(I'm also a season ticket holder) and the seats I got were way down the line in the upper deck, as the pool of availabe seats in other sections were not very good(worse than 27 game packages).
So, other than the guarantee they provided for postseason tickets that the Sox probably now regret, I can't think of another motivation to cancel this program.

Law11
08-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Sounds like Ozzie Plan holders need to find one another and form full-season syndicates.

No ozzie plan means no ticket plan for me.. 27 games is too much for me
coming from Arlington Heights.
I'll pick a few games when I want to go.

So be it.

ewokpelts
08-29-2006, 10:08 AM
just talked to my rep...sox are still 50/50 on a decision....if you want it to stay, I suggest you call/email/write the sox and express your support.
Gene

jenn2080
08-29-2006, 10:09 AM

So be it.

you could always buy the 27 and sell the rest.

itsnotrequired
08-29-2006, 10:21 AM
If they in fact get rid of the Ozzie Plan, do you think they will bring back the "other" 27-game weekday plan? It wouldn't surprise me.

stacksedwards
08-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Think they might be doing it to free up more weekend tickets and deem all sat and sun games as "premium games".

* I had weekend tix last year and it was called the Ozzie plan I hope I'm talking about the right thing. If not sorry.

Myrtle72
08-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Scuse me for being out of the loop... but I live in Virginia and can't go to more than one or two games per season at the Cell (I do; however, get to go to Camden and see the Sox play Baltimore)... So, I'm not up to date on the ticket stuff...

but um, what exactly is Ozzie Plan?

jenn2080
08-29-2006, 11:24 AM
Scuse me for being out of the loop... but I live in Virginia and can't go to more than one or two games per season at the Cell (I do; however, get to go to Camden and see the Sox play Baltimore)... So, I'm not up to date on the ticket stuff...

it is a 13 game plan

Tekijawa
08-29-2006, 11:38 AM

The tickets are printed out in Ozzish, which is what Ozzie speaks. You kind of know what game the tickets are for and you might be able guess where you are sitting.

Example:

Secshon wonfifytu
Row Thurteen
Seets wonthroughfor

WhySox Verz Peranyas

DumpJerry
08-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Ozzie delivers your tickets to you over dinner and drinks at Barazz.

IlliniSox4Life
08-29-2006, 12:34 PM

Well, the last I heard, his plan was to win the World Series.

Fake Chet Lemon
08-29-2006, 12:39 PM
But you have to think we could count on them to do the fair thing and grandfather existing Ozzie-plans in, right?????

I have a buddy who bought the Cubs night game package when it first became available. You can no longer get that package, it hasn't been offered for years. But he still has his because the Cubs grandfathered those plans in to be fair. As long as he wants to renew, he can keep the package.

BainesHOF
08-29-2006, 12:56 PM
I think the Sox have a long-range plan in mind. Two years ago they cancelled one of the 27-game plans, the least popular one that included lots of Mondays, Tuesdays and other weekdays. That didn't make any sense to me as they were already dividing those seats into the other two 27-game plans. At the time the only thing I could figure out was that they were taking the first step toward doing away with the 27-game plans altogether in a move to eventually offer two 41-game plans.

itsnotrequired
08-29-2006, 12:57 PM

The Ozzie Plan is a 13 game ticket package. You select the 13 games based on a criteria set by the Sox (i.e. one Sox-Cubs game, one Opening Series game, one July game, etc.). You are able to pick your seating level for the games (based on availability) and save $1 off the face value for each ticket. This plan goes on sale several months before single game tickets go on sale to the general public.

It is a popular plan as it allows access to great seats to premium games (Cubs, Red Sox, Yankees, etc.) and offers flexibility with seating options. The right to purchase one ALDS playoff game is also included (if you ordered early enough) but it is not a full-blown season ticket, per se. For example, Ozzie Plan holders cannot resell tickets through the White Sox Ticket Exchange, don't get a free media guide, don't have access to the Sox Charge line, aren't eligible to turn in tickets for Exchange Dates, etc.

Hope this helps...

itsnotrequired
08-29-2006, 12:58 PM
But you have to think we could count on them to do the fair thing and grandfather existing Ozzie-plans in, right?????

I have a buddy who bought the Cubs night game package when it first became available. You can no longer get that package, it hasn't been offered for years. But he still has his because the Cubs grandfathered those plans in to be fair. As long as he wants to renew, he can keep the package.

Older plans have been grandfathered in but no idea if that trend will continue.

alohafri
08-29-2006, 01:00 PM
If they in fact get rid of the Ozzie Plan, do you think they will bring back the "other" 27-game weekday plan? It wouldn't surprise me.

I used to have that plan and really liked it. Mrs. Aloha works downtown, so it was more convenient for us than the weekend plan.

itsnotrequired
08-29-2006, 01:16 PM
I used to have that plan and really liked it. Mrs. Aloha works downtown, so it was more convenient for us than the weekend plan.

With the huge demand for season tickets, bringing that plan back wouldn't surprise me at all. If the Sox go all the way again this year, whoa Nellie!

woodsdavid
08-29-2006, 01:17 PM
Part of the beauty of the Ozzie 13 plan is the ability to completely customize what games you want to see: Weekdays, weekends, specific teams -- even the Cubs series.

Booked tix the 2nd day Ozzie 13 was available and I'm in 542 for all but biggest games: was in 558 for opening night and Cubs.

I live in the NW burbs and have a family w/ little kids so 13 is about all I can manage. And selling extras from a 27-game plan sounds like a pain in the ass. I hope I can get grandfathered into another O-13.

Before kids were born, at one point I had a 'Sox Seven' plan that included parking. Worked/lived off of red-line, so weekends would drive in for tail-gating.

Q: If you have a family and own a 27, what's your experience/how tough is it getting rid of games you can't use?

Been a great season, but w/ school back in session, saw plenty of empty seats in 500 level Sunday afternoon -- and against MN of all teams. Hope the Sox aren't getting too cocky.

Tekijawa
08-29-2006, 01:18 PM

I had a Cubs Sox game Patio Party for three years before they changed the policy for that series to "you need to have parties for 2 other games too"... It's too bad they told me two weeks before the money was due or I might have been able to pull it off.... so NO! I doubt they will have any Grandfather situation.

Blueprint1
08-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Just split tickets with someone. I have the sundays of the weekend plan and my partner gets the Saturdays. It works out great. It really does not cost that much money if you get upper deck tickets.

southside rocks
08-29-2006, 01:34 PM
I have the OP this season, and last month I asked about renewing it for '07 and was told that the club will decide after the season whether there will be an Ozzie Plan next year.

So no firm decision has been made yet one way or the other.

However, I know from someone who works there that there ARE changes going on in the box office personnel and org. structure. Clearly, the Sox would like to sell as many seats as possible in larger packages that they can pre-sell. So they might scrap the OP, depending on how the team finishes this year. (If the Sox go to the WS this year, the demand for season tickets will skyrocket once again and that will probably kill the Ozzie Plan.)

I'm on the list for a 27-game plan, and I'll sell off a dozen of the games to friends and co-workers. I did write a letter to my ticket rep saying that if they cancel the Ozzie Plan they will be treating their fans very badly.

Sad
08-29-2006, 01:43 PM
bummer... well if they ****can the Ozzie plan I hope they have a 3rd Plan of some sort that is a mix of weekday and weekend games...
not just all one or the other...

actually they need one called The Gamer or something where ya get 1 game of each home series...

itsnotrequired
08-29-2006, 01:48 PM
Q: If you have a family and own a 27, what's your experience/how tough is it getting rid of games you can't use?

With a 27 game plan, you have access to the White Sox Ticket Exchange. This forum allows season ticket holders to sell their tickets at whatever price they set (there are some max and min limits). Anyone can buy the tickets. The tickets are forwarded via e-mail and the dollars are placed into your account. You don't have to do anything (no mailing of tickets, etc.) If you got a 27 game package with nice seats, unloading tickets shouldn't be a problem at all, especially for weekend games against more popular opponents.

There are WSI members who bought full season plans, have been to over half the games and have sold enough tickets through the exchange to cover ALL potential postseason games and still have funds left over for next year's season tickets. Chips and The Dude have full season in Upper Reserve and they have paid for nearly half their ticket plan by selling less than 20 games.

chisoxfanatic
08-29-2006, 02:10 PM

I don't have a family; but, I am a 27-game plan holder who only owns ONE seat, and I'd think it would be much harder to sell one seat than a pair. I can tell you from my experience that I have yet to have to "eat" a ticket, and I will be able to attend the remaining games on my schedule. I sold a couple games to a collegue at work and a few right here at the WhiteSoxInteractive Ticket Exchange. It isn't very difficult at all.

Be proactive with selling your tickets as well. For example, I saw that one person needed a ticket to a game I couldn't go to in another thread, and I directly PM'd her and sold her the ticket. I'd suggest watching the threads here to see if people state a need of tickets within the threads.

GoSox2K3
08-29-2006, 02:24 PM
um, what exactly is Ozzie Plan?

Ozzie's plan is to keep playing Mackowiak in CF every 3rd game while professing to the media that 1)pitching wins pennants and 2) poor defense is hurting our pitching. :(:

robiwho
08-29-2006, 02:33 PM

I think someone already mentioned this, but I imagine you would be able to find someone else on WSI to split a 27-game plan -- which would essentially be two Ozzie plans + one extra game.

Fake Chet Lemon
08-29-2006, 02:44 PM
This thread is all BS! Got this back from my rep today:

First off, I would like to thank you for all of your support. I can inform you at this time that we will have the Ozzie plan back in 2007. So the rumor you heard is not true. At this point we do not know what the guidelines will be (some changes may occur), but I can tell you that it will be back next season.

Thanks and Go Sox!

Jeffrey Bogacki

salty99
08-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Well that's good because 2 other reps have said it's 50/50 at best right now. Obviously no concrete decision has been made.

From my rep:

At this point, I do not think we are going to have an Ozzie Plan next
year. Not 100% sure though

Fake Chet Lemon
08-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Part of the beauty of the Ozzie 13 plan is the ability to completely customize what games you want to see: Weekdays, weekends, specific teams -- even the Cubs series.

Assuming now the Ozzie plan stays, but say they make changes such as not allow us to pick weekend games or a Cubs game, I wouldn't be thrilled but I would understand that. It's only a 13-game plan so they have to balance that with their other ticket demands. We may not have this same flexability next year.

mcg
08-29-2006, 03:12 PM
I wish I had known about this when the waiting lists first came out. I would've signed up then. Time to go add my name to the 27 game weekend plan list.

StillMissOzzie
08-29-2006, 03:18 PM
We got the Ozzie Plan this year, and 13 games is just about my limit, too. My niece's husband is now splitting a 2 ticket, 27 game package with a friend, and asked me if I'd be interested in a share if they go to 4 tickets (assuming that they CAN) Of course, this complicates divvying up post-season tickets.
If the Ozzie Plan is gone for 2007, I just might have to do that, but I certainly enjoyed the flexibility the Ozzie Plan offered.

SMO
:gulp:

ewokpelts
08-29-2006, 04:13 PM
I think the Sox have a long-range plan in mind. Two years ago they cancelled one of the 27-game plans, the least popular one that included lots of Mondays, Tuesdays and other weekdays. That didn't make any sense to me as they were already dividing those seats into the other two 27-game plans. At the time the only thing I could figure out was that they were taking the first step toward doing away with the 27-game plans altogether in a move to eventually offer two 41-game plans.3 27 game plans equal 81 games...there were NO overlapping games when the sox offered 3 27 game packages

ewokpelts
08-29-2006, 04:21 PM
I had a Cubs Sox game Patio Party for three years before they changed the policy for that series to "you need to have parties for 2 other games too"... It's too bad they told me two weeks before the money was due or I might have been able to pull it off.... so NO! I doubt they will have any Grandfather situation.this sounds like bull...the sox did make me add 2 groups to my cubs group...but the only one i had to pay for upfront was the cubs....and even that one i paid past the deadline...

ewokpelts
08-29-2006, 04:23 PM

First off, I would like to thank you for all of your support. I can inform you at this time that we will have the Ozzie plan back in 2007. So the rumor you heard is not true. At this point we do not know what the guidelines will be (some changes may occur), but I can tell you that it will be back next season.

Thanks and Go Sox!

Jeffrey Bogackithat's good to hear...my rep said it wasnt set in stone, but he agreed with me that smaller plans do serve a need.

sox_fan_forever
08-29-2006, 07:01 PM
I definitely hope it's true that they are keeping the Ozzie plan for next year. It will probably be few years before I can make the jump to 27 games.

dcb56
08-30-2006, 01:22 AM
I definitely hope it's true that they are keeping the Ozzie plan for next year. It will probably be few years before I can make the jump to 27 games.

Start saving now, bucko, the cost of doing business is going up for everyone. For example, my weekday plan went up nearly 20% from $465 to $555. My seats have postseason options, though, so I will continue to purchase them as long as the team remains successful even if both the friend I share them with and I move away from the Chicago area. Demand for tickets will only increase the longer the Sox remain contenders.

StockdaleForVeep
08-30-2006, 05:16 AM

This means ozzie is gettin canned at the end of this season!!!!

BA: The Hitman
08-30-2006, 10:55 AM
To only offer a 27 game plan would be ridiculous......There are a lot of people out there like myself who love going to sox games but can't come up with the money for 27 games up front. Its easy to say just get a 27 game plan and sell half the tickets, but that could be a pain.........I hope they bring the ozzie plan back.

comet2k
08-30-2006, 11:34 AM
"Q: If you have a family and own a 27, what's your experience/how tough is it getting rid of games you can't use?"

I bought the 27-game weekend plan and joined a group of 10 who split a season ticket, getting 8 weekday games. In addition, I bought single game tickets to two other weekday games for a grand total of 37.

So far, I've been to 11 and have four remaining games. And so far I couldn't sell tickets to just one game, April 17 vs. the Royals (go figure!). I was able to exchange those unused tickets for two vs. the Twins in July (a perk for partial and full season tickets).

All the others I sold to friends, people I work with, through the Ticket Exchange and a couple on eBay.

I promised my wife I would not make her a baseball widow (she doesn't come to games with me) or leave us bankrupt, and so far I've deliverd on both. Now, if the Sox don't make the playoffs this year and do worse next year, I might not have such an easy time selling tickets I can't use.

But if the Sox make the playoffs again, I think the interest will only be higher next year. Yes, there's a big cash outlay upfront and no guarantees of selling tickets, but you can line up partners to share the cost this fall. If you have to sell tix next year, you might be surprised at the number of people interested. The Sox Nation is only growing.

Palehose13
08-30-2006, 11:50 AM

So be it.

Pfft... Arlington Heights? That's nothing. I have the 27 game plan and don't make it to all the games. As for the ones I don't make it to...I'll just say this, I haven't lost any money on the tickets. :wink:

MySoxAreClean
08-30-2006, 09:44 PM
IF the Ozzie plan goes. I suggest fellow WSI member to try to split a 27 game plan, who ever puts the tix on the Visa gets 14 instead of 13, And still you will get something close to the Ozzie plan. I have all sunday games and love it.:gulp:

jabrch
08-30-2006, 10:05 PM

Thanks and Go Sox!

Jeffrey Bogacki

By the way, kudos to Jeff - a fantastic Sox employee. He's really a pleasure to work with!

BainesHOF
08-31-2006, 04:35 PM
3 27 game plans equal 81 games...there were NO overlapping games when the sox offered 3 27 game packages

What's your point with that statement?

My point was that they were opening up certain seats for 27 games when they were still committed to selling those same seats for the other 54 games. It's not like by cancelling my plan that they could then sell my seats as a full plan.

I don't see why they'd cancel the plan. The only thing I could think of at the time was it was the first step in a larger plan.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-31-2006, 05:45 PM
By the way, kudos to Jeff - a fantastic Sox employee. He's really a pleasure to work with!

Ditto - Greg Hodges signed me up initially and I was sad to see him leave me as rep (I think he was promoted) but Jeff took over and has performed the same excellent job. I don't have many questions but all are answered promptly.

I don't think Jeff would say there would be an Ozzie Plan in 2007 (dispelling the rumor) if he didn't have reason to do so.

Time will tell.

I sold all of my tickets in February and early March no problem. 35 tickets went unused through the other day :o: so I guess over 2/3 of the tickets I sold were used (thought it would be around 80% or so).

With the discount and full playoff access it was hard to turn down for 2007 so I signed up. I've sold tickets here, on Craigslist and eBay and never had an issue.

Hope everyone remembered today's deadline!