PDA

View Full Version : Last Series In Minneapolis

JimmyJoe
08-28-2006, 11:00 PM
This season is looking like it's going to come down to the wire. I just got great seats down the third base line, 19 rows up in the dome.
The Minneapolis Hilton(The Sox hotel) still has many rooms available.

Who's going?

chisoxmike
08-28-2006, 11:09 PM
I guess if anybody wants to see the Saturday game, they're going to HAVE to be there. It's a blackout on TV. ****ing Minnesota.

LuvSox
08-28-2006, 11:10 PM
I wish I could go, but will be in Maryland. Damn work. :angry:

dllrbll7
08-29-2006, 12:24 AM
This season is looking like it's going to come down to the wire. I just got great seats down the third base line, 19 rows up in the dome.
The Minneapolis Hilton(The Sox hotel) still has many rooms available.

Who's going?

What are the rooms going for??

MrRoboto83
08-29-2006, 12:24 AM
I guess if anybody wants to see the Saturday game, they're going to HAVE to be there. It's a blackout on TV. ****ing Minnesota.

I have never understood why the game is blacked out. I know it is an early game because of Gopher football, but why can't the Sox at least broadcast this game. MLB blackout rules are the crime of the century.

hanger
08-29-2006, 12:54 AM
MLB blackout rules are the crime of the century.

What do the blackout rules have to do with this? Isn't it because of the logistics of the broadcast setup?

MrRoboto83
08-29-2006, 12:55 AM
What do the blackout rules have to do with this? Isn't it because of the logistics of the broadcast setup?

I'm not sure that is why I asked, but then I felt like added the Crime of the Century thing just because.

Chips
08-29-2006, 12:59 AM
Because Fox has the rights to games broadcast on Saturday afternoons.

hanger
08-29-2006, 01:11 AM
Because Fox has the rights to games broadcast on Saturday afternoons.

That's right, but correct me if I'm wrong, teams only schedule games on Saturday afternoons if they are going to be on Fox (either nationally or locally)

Knowing that the game had to start at 11:10am before the season started ensured that there was no way of this ever becoming a Fox game.

You're right, it does stink :(: . I'm thankful the blackout rules only nail us one time. (but why now :mad: )

DSpivack
08-29-2006, 09:48 AM
Well, at least this problem has never come up before.

jenn2080
08-29-2006, 09:50 AM
My brother and I actually talked about going. We would be going for the Saturday game and probably coming back Sunday. Not sure if we would go to Sundays or not.

whitesoxwilkes
08-29-2006, 10:43 AM
If our playoff hopes come down to that series (or we've already locked it up) the wife and I are going to drive up and stay with the in-laws.

stacksedwards
08-29-2006, 10:46 AM
I am willing to bet everything will be decided by that series.

Myrtle72
08-29-2006, 10:47 AM
MLB blackout rules are the crime of the century.

That is certainly true. I rely on MLB.TV for 95% of the games, being a poor college student all the way in Virginia...

And let me tell you, following the gameday function on a Saturday is just not the same. At all.

The Immigrant
08-29-2006, 10:49 AM
I have tickets for Saturday and Sunday and will go if the games mean anything. I have a close friend in the TC area and can crash at his place. Me and two of my season ticket partners will drive up on Saturday morning.

skottyj242
08-29-2006, 10:52 AM
I have tickets for Saturday and Sunday and will go if the games mean anything. I have a close friend in the TC area and can crash at his place. Me and two of my season ticket partners will drive up on Saturday morning.

The game's at eleven, you'd have to leave at like two in the morning.

itsnotrequired
08-29-2006, 10:53 AM
The game's at eleven, you'd have to leave at like two in the morning.

Negative. You can make the drive in under 7 hours easy. I've done it in 6 before.

The Immigrant
08-29-2006, 10:58 AM
This is a subject of ongoing debate among the three of us. My preference is to fly on Saturday morning, but the other two are in favor of a roadtrip (even if we have to leave at 4 a.m.) My guess is we will end up flying.

We have Dairy Queen Family Pack tickets in the left field bleachers. Not a bad deal for $17/ticket.

skottyj242
08-29-2006, 11:01 AM
This is a subject of ongoing debate among the three of us. My preference is to fly on Saturday morning, but the other two are in favor of a roadtrip (even if we have to leave at 4 a.m.) My guess is we will end up flying.

We have Dairy Queen Family Pack tickets in the left field bleachers. Not a bad deal for $17/ticket.

I was just looking at that on the website, that sounds fantastic. You get a hot dog, small coke and buy one get one free Blizzard.

cbone
08-29-2006, 11:31 AM
There is a group of 5 of us going, I don't know where our seats are yet, but we are staying at The Grand. Some foofy place,but the rooms were only 119.00 and it's very close to the park I'm told. I'd love to hook up with fellow Sox fans there. :gulp:

SoxandtheCityTee
08-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Has been taken under advisement. Went to Cleveland for the last weekend last year (booked when it looked like those games might be crucial) and that worked out well!

hawkjt
08-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Surprised that hotels rooms are readily available with Michigan fans in town to see the gopher-wolves game that nite.

I would jump on them before they are gone. UM follows their team pretty well.

We need a dispensation from Fox for this game. Not holding my breath. But if the commissioner values the fans -he will step in and negoiate a compromise with fox. C'mon, Bud.

jenn2080
08-29-2006, 11:55 AM
I just checked hotwire and the only hotel they had available was a 4 star for 142 a night. So actually it seems like the hotels are going pretty quick. What hotel are the players staying in?

woodsdavid
08-29-2006, 11:57 AM
In MN on biz and missed the August Sox/Twinks series by 2 days. While there, saw Twinks play the Tribe on the 16th. Drove it in just about 6 hrs.

Stayed at the Radisson on U of M's campus. Nice hotel. $150/nite included parking, free valet and free high-speed internet. Really liked being on campus too. You could damn-near walk to the dome if you wanted to (they said a 25 min walk), but there was a 'free' shuttle ($1 you tip the driver) that took you to the game and picked you up. What could be easier?

And I think it was the 122 Minneapolis Transit bus that took you directly to and from the hotel/game for $1.00. Very convenient too.

Always fun seeing a games at another park, but completely bizarre-o seeing baseball in a dome. No air, no sky, no fireworks after HRs!
But while Hump-dome completely lacks any charm, sure was loud in that concrete box w/ a bubble top. Weird air-lock effect getting in and out.
Fans were friendly. Food choices/quality not as good as other ballyards.

Lots of locals see AAA games in St. Paul if they want to be outside and actually have some atmosphere/surroundings.

BTW, what's the timetable for them leveling the HHH Metrodome and building an outdoor stadium?

skottyj242
08-29-2006, 12:15 PM
I just checked hotwire and the only hotel they had available was a 4 star for 142 a night. So actually it seems like the hotels are going pretty quick. What hotel are the players staying in?

It seems they have alot on Orbitz.

cbone
08-29-2006, 12:39 PM

Sox are at the Minneapolis Hilton, rooms available for 129.00 at the time of this post.

However, not walking distance from the park I was told.

woodsdavid
08-29-2006, 01:35 PM

HHH Dome is ~11 blocks away from Hilton.
Short cab ride, but hotel might have a shuttle.

jenn2080
08-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Sox are at the Minneapolis Hilton, rooms available for 129.00 at the time of this post.

And this is for sure that they are staying at the Hilton? Anyone ever stay here before?

chisoxfanatic
08-29-2006, 02:18 PM
BTW, what's the timetable for them leveling the HHH Metrodome and building an outdoor stadium?

There's only a few more seasons left in the Baggie Dome. I think they're gonna be in a new stadium in roughly 2010. It's about time; but, it'll be a challenge for those April, May, September (and if they make it October) games.

RoobarbPie
08-29-2006, 05:26 PM
I just bought 2 each for Sat. and Sun. and booked a room at the Hilton. I hope we're celebrating there one of those nights!!!!!!

StubHub actually had some decent deals on seats. I paid less on SH than I would have through MLB for the same seats on Saturday, and then splurged a bit and bought 2 that are 8 rows above dugout for Sunday.

RoobarbPie
08-29-2006, 05:29 PM

At the time of that post, where did you search for your hotel? I booked through hilton.com at $169 which seemed lowest compared to orbitz.

jenn2080
08-29-2006, 06:09 PM
At the time of that post, where did you search for your hotel? I booked through hilton.com at $169 which seemed lowest compared to orbitz.

it is 129 on the hilton website. i just booked it. you have to have them select the room at check in though. hopefully we can get a double bed room as i do not want to be sharing my bed with my mom and my brother

cbone
08-29-2006, 06:12 PM

Call them and ask for the lower rate. It's still there at the time of this post. :rolleyes:

jfinsocal
08-29-2006, 06:16 PM
That could be one long drunken day. Is it easy to get scalped tickets to the Little Brown Jug game?

jenn2080
08-29-2006, 06:18 PM
That could be one long drunken day. Is it easy to get scalped tickets to the Little Brown Jug game?

what side to the visitors sit in min?

jenn2080
08-29-2006, 06:28 PM
never mind i found it. the sox are on the 1st base side.

chisoxfan83
08-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Couple of question regarding possible trip to the saturday game. How close is downtown from the airport? What are some good air fare deals to get up there? I would be flying ot sat morning most likely and have to make it to hotel then the Dome

jenn2080
08-29-2006, 06:35 PM
I just called the stadium and there is no lower deck behind the Sox dugout. Everything is behind the Twins. The only thing on the first base side is in the 200 leve. BOOOOOOOOOOOO

RoobarbPie
08-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Call them and ask for the lower rate. It's still there at the time of this post. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info guys. I checked again and you're all right - it's $129. Don't know why it was $169 when I booked, but they fixed it for me.