PDA

View Full Version : T-shirt vendors

thomas35forever
08-28-2006, 03:53 PM
I don't see them in the parking lots anymore. Did they get kicked out or something or do they just not show up anymore?

Palehose13
08-28-2006, 06:14 PM
I've been parking in the "red lots" and haven't noticed them, but this is my first time in those lots so i assumed they weren't around there. Come to think of it, I haven't seen them on my walks to grandstand.

Good riddance. Occasionally they had a good shirt or two, but I can do without all the "cubs suck" and sexual innuendo apparel.

gobears1987
08-28-2006, 07:00 PM
They had some good shirts like the "I punched AJ too shirt." I bought that for $10.

Soxfanspcu11
08-28-2006, 07:42 PM
I saw them yesterday, and the day before and the day before. Same old stuff.

FielderJones
08-28-2006, 09:59 PM
They were by G Lot on Saturday after the game. Same junk.

skottyj242
08-29-2006, 10:07 AM
I see them every game.

stacksedwards
08-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Need to come up with stuff besides cubs suck. Now if I saw a shirt that said clutch Creede or He is a "Singleton" short of the cycle then I would be interested.

TheDarkGundam
08-29-2006, 11:02 AM
I see 'em every game down 35th street.
You're all right, most of their shirts are lame, but i've seen some good ones. The only one I've bought is one that's designed like the Godfather logo, but it says "South Side Hitmen". Pretty cool, IMO.

DumpJerry
08-29-2006, 12:28 PM
I think they've been pretty much chased away by the White Sox. I know they are not allowed in the parking lots (under White Sox control per the lease with the State of Illinois) and they are not exactly family oriented in the most of the messages and images on the shirts.

russ99
08-29-2006, 12:46 PM
I think they've been pretty much chased away by the White Sox. I know they are not allowed in the parking lots (under White Sox control per the lease with the State of Illinois) and they are not exactly family oriented in the most of the messages and images on the shirts.

The shirt vendors are now all past the viaduct on 35th street. They really need to come up with some new ideas. The "Cubs suck" shirts in all their forms are getting kind of old...

Brian26
08-29-2006, 12:47 PM
Most of those guys have moved down 35th Street towards the Green Line. There are a couple of guys right outside the main IIT building, along with the bucket kids, and the guy trying to sell bottled water "one-dolla, one-dolla, one-dolla....cheaper here than in the park"

robiwho
08-29-2006, 12:50 PM
They're usually on the sidewalk between lots F and L before and after games.

ewokpelts
08-29-2006, 02:43 PM
I think they've been pretty much chased away by the White Sox. I know they are not allowed in the parking lots (under White Sox control per the lease with the State of Illinois) and they are not exactly family oriented in the most of the messages and images on the shirts.the lots are sox owned...they were all there during th eold comiskey years...even lot d/e

I want Mags back
08-30-2006, 12:38 PM
between F and L. they there

NonetheLoaiza
08-30-2006, 12:58 PM
The only shirt I am contemplating buying is the Southside Firestarter one. I think that one is pretty sweet. All the other ones are ridiculous. The middle finger one with the ring on it is so unbelievable, it amazes me how many kids I see walking around wearing it. Do these kids parents actually buy this shirt for them?! Times have changed, and Im only 22 years old.

DumpJerry
08-30-2006, 01:20 PM
the lots are sox owned...they were all there during th eold comiskey years...even lot d/e
Wrong. The Illinois Sports Facility Authority owns the ballpark and parking lots. They lease the properties to the White Sox and the lease gives the White Sox control over what happens on the properties. This is why we can tailgate with alcohol-the White Sox say it can be done on the leased land.

Just trust me on the nature of the ownership. I know the attorney from the Chicago Police Department who reviewed the lease.