PDA

View Full Version : Cintron Camera Angle

BRDSR
08-28-2006, 01:13 AM
Pet Peeve:

Alex Cintron was up Saturday night with the bags packed, 1 out, and the Sox down by 1. He put together a decent AB and finally put one in the air that, off the bat, didn't really look like it could carry but you never know. The camera cut to a wide angle that hardly even included the outfielders. The way they were showing it made me think the ball was going to land in the 17th row. For God sakes, if the ball is going to land 20 feet in front of the warning track, at least include that area in the initial camera shot. It was like the TV crew was anticipating a home run and it got me all excited for a few seconds. Argh.

Incidently, this pet peeve paled in comparison to the White Sox tying it in the bottom of the ninth on a 2 run, one out home run and still losing despite carrying all the momentum into extra innings in front of a packed US Cellular Field.

Myrtle72
08-28-2006, 01:27 AM
I had the same reaction when I saw that fly ball hit by Cintron. It was quite dissapointing.

esbrechtel
08-28-2006, 11:53 AM
ive noticed alot of bad camera angles this season....mostly at away games though, i was at that game so i didnt see this particular view but i remember something similar to that happening when we were in detroit

Dan Mega
08-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Saw the exact same thing and I completely agree. I was at a bar on the north side on Saturday night and the game was on (I felt like I was one of 2 people in the place cheering for the Sox to win, everyone else was cheering for the Sox to lose, but still, Cubs fans don't care about the White Sox:rolleyes: ). When Cintron hit that ball, I yelled "waaaay back!" due to the camera angle making it look like it would be far up in the stands. Alas it was not, and I was disappointed.

Jerko
08-28-2006, 12:03 PM
The graphics have been horrible this year as well. They always have a guy on the wrong base, or the count is wrong. The other night, it said 3 outs as the inning was in progress.

seventyseven
08-28-2006, 12:12 PM
I completely agree about the camera angle on Cintron's sacrifice fly.

It reminded me of a game about 5-6 years ago when the Sox were hosting the Royals, came from way back to get within a few runs down, loaded the bases in the ninth, and Maggs hit a fly to left that the camera angle may look like it was going to land on the concourse. Alas, the left-fielder drifted over and made an easy catch near the foul line.