PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Biddle Update! (rumors confirmed)

HawkDJ
02-24-2002, 10:56 AM
This should clear up that article I posted a bit back about Rocky Biddle possibly missing the season. This is another article from the Daily Herald. Rock himself says he will miss at least a couple months, probably not the whole season like that other article said, but won't get the 5th spot:

Injuries decimated the White Sox' pitching staff last season, but at least the timing was good.

Starter Jim Parque and relievers Antonio Osuna, Lorenzo Barcelo and Kelly Wunsch went down with shoulder injuries, but they've all had at least 10 months to rehab.

Rocky Biddle is at the other end of the spectrum.

He, too, is trying to bounce back from major surgery, but Biddle didn't have his torn labrum repaired until Sept. 28.

So while Parque, Osuna, Barcelo and Wunsch continue to clear hurdles on the comeback trail, Biddle faces at least another month before he can try throwing off the mound.

"It's just kind of a day-to-day thing,'' said Biddle, 7-8 with a 5.39 ERA in 30 games (21 starts) last season. "There's really no timetable for coming back. It's just a matter of how my shoulder responds to different workloads.''

Biddle has been throwing off flat ground, but he's not expected to get back on the mound for another three or four weeks.

"I'd like to be facing live hitters by early April and by May, go out on a (rehab) assignment,'' Biddle said. "The ultimate goal is to make it back with the big-league squad as soon as possible and do my part.'

RedPinStripes
02-24-2002, 11:00 AM
I didn't know he had a torn labrum. Didn't he just have his shoulder scoped? I thought it was supposed to be the same minor surgury that Simas, Parque, and Baldwin had? Guess not.

RichH55
02-24-2002, 02:39 PM
Rocky is 26 now correct? That means 27 for all intents and purposes when he is ready to go again.......The odds are getting alot longer against him, especially as a Starter....its a shame...not quite the a shame as Barcelo not being able to live up to his potential(IMO), but not good nonetheless