PDA

View Full Version : Fenway next week?!?!

ajismyhero
08-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Hey all,
I'm going to be at Fenway next Tuesday cheering on our boys in black with a friend of mine (fellow diehard White Sox fan) who is going to school in Boston. Is anyone else going to be around for the series? Want to meet up - safety in numbers?

Also, anyone know where the players stay at in Boston?

Chips
08-28-2006, 12:15 AM
The Westin Copley Place

617-262-9600

Rockin Robin
08-28-2006, 01:22 AM
I'll be there on Monday with my Robin Ventura Oklahoma State throwback jersey

Luke
08-28-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm going to be in Boston, and I'm going to try and go Tuesday if I can get tickets. Let's just say right now I have nothing nice to say about ticket brokers.

Edit: Last month there weren't any tickets available throught the official site, but It looks like some opened up...cool.

Where is a good place to stay?

JohnBasedowYoda
08-28-2006, 02:05 PM
I wanted to go....but I made that plan almost a year ago. The **** has hit the fan since then. :mg:

ChetChat
08-28-2006, 06:05 PM
I'll be there Monday night. Not sure were my seats are yet, though, as my Boston buddy gets them for us. Usually pretty good. Also safe to say I'll be at my FAVORITE beer place before, Boston Beer Works.
I'll be wearing my WSI shirt (and I'm a girl).

dcb56
08-28-2006, 06:07 PM
I'll be there for the whole series.

whitesoxwilkes
08-28-2006, 06:12 PM
I'm trying to finagle a work meeting in NY for Tues or Weds. If can finagle that, I'm going to try and figure out if I can take the train/shuttle up there for one of the games and then finagle a meeting with a Boston-based client the following morning and then finagle the train/shuttle back down to fly back from NY.

It's going to take a lot of finagling, and I'm not sure if I can make it work.

ajismyhero
08-29-2006, 06:50 AM
I'm going to be in Boston, and I'm going to try and go Tuesday if I can get tickets. Let's just say right now I have nothing nice to say about ticket brokers.

Edit: Last month there weren't any tickets available throught the official site, but It looks like some opened up...cool.

Where is a good place to stay?

I'll check with my friend in Boston and see if she knows of a better way than a broker - maybe check Boston Craigslist? You might be able to find season ticket holders selling a game or 2. i don't know where to stay - i'm just holing up at her apartment. Check back in a couple of days and I'll probably call a place to drink before the game so we can all hang out together - i'm only going on Tuesday, but will be watching Monday.

jenn2080
08-29-2006, 07:27 AM
I'll check with my friend in Boston and see if she knows of a better way than a broker - maybe check Boston Craigslist? You might be able to find season ticket holders selling a game or 2. i don't know where to stay - i'm just holing up at her apartment. Check back in a couple of days and I'll probably call a place to drink before the game so we can all hang out together - i'm only going on Tuesday, but will be watching Monday.

Tickets are VERY VERY hard to get. Id go with a broker.

NoShoesJoe
08-29-2006, 08:20 AM
I'll be in Boston next week on business, well, 9/5-9/6 anyway. I've seen a couple games there this year, but I don't think I'll be able to get tickets. I might turn up at Fenway and see if I can buy some on the street, but other than that, forget it.

ajismyhero
08-29-2006, 08:57 AM
For any of you who will be in Boston next week for any of the game(s), myself, some of my friends, and ChetChet will be at Boston Beer Works prior to the game on Monday. I only have tickets for Tuesday's game, so i'll be watching the game in it's entirity at the bar. So, come one, come all, let's show this supposed baseball town some White Sox pride!!

p.s. i don't know if this thread is appropriate for the Clubhouse - but if so, and if anyone wants to move, feel free, i'd like as many people as possible to view it!!

Dolanski
08-29-2006, 09:10 AM
As a former resident of Boston, I can only recommend one things if you are going to Fenway. One, eat a sausage from Che Che or the Sausage King, the cart guys outside behind the Monster. The famous Fenway Franks are atrociously bad hot dogs and I got my own issues with brown mustard...

I would recommend going to the Baseball Tavern as it was the most blue collar place regular bar to go grab a drink but I just heard it was closed in February.

ChetChat
08-29-2006, 09:19 AM
For any of you who will be in Boston next week for any of the game(s), myself, some of my friends, and ChetChet will be at Boston Beer Works prior to the game on Monday. I only have tickets for Tuesday's game, so i'll be watching the game in it's entirity at the bar. So, come one, come all, let's show this supposed baseball town some White Sox pride!!

p.s. i don't know if this thread is appropriate for the Clubhouse - but if so, and if anyone wants to move, feel free, i'd like as many people as possible to view it!!

Any one going to Boston Beer Works, make sure to get there EARLY. The place is right in front of Fenway, and gets packed. I'll be there at least 2 hours before game time, if not sooner. I have to check with my friends who I'm staying with to see when we should arrive, as they are the seasoned BoSox peeps.