PDA

View Full Version : Why The Sox Have A Playoff Ticket Already

Chi Town Sox
08-27-2006, 07:45 PM
The Twins are weak at what they have been great at for years, starting pitching. With Radke going down and guessing Loriono will play again there rotation looks like this.

1.Santana
2.Loriono
3.Silva
4.Garza
5.Bonzer

As you could see there 3-5 sucks and will end up hurting the team.
As far as the Red Sox go well lets not even go there...
So Tigers watch out.

cwsfannick
08-27-2006, 07:53 PM
It will be interesting to see what type of condition the Twins bullpen will be in by the time we see them at the end of September. For our sake hopefully they will be overused and tired.

BanditJimmy
08-27-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm not excited about our rotation either.

With a healthy Lariano, the Twins at least know they have a 98% guaranteed win on 2 nights out of the 5. We have a good chance to win when Garland pitches(not 98% like the other two guys), and the rest of the week I lose more of my hair.

DumpJerry
08-27-2006, 07:57 PM
While some guy name Loriano might play for them before the season is over, Liriano is probably lost for the season.

whitesoxfan
08-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Loriono?

Seriously though, the Twinkies said the only way Liriano would come back would be as a member of the bullpen, not of the starting 5. That makes their rotation even worse than you just pointed out.

slicknickshady
08-27-2006, 07:59 PM
As a Tiger Fan i think the Twins are done. Liriano is DONE for the year most likely and if he pitches he wont be effective. Radke is on his last legs. They only have Santana. That the only sure quality start guy they have.

I'm more worried about the white sox. I hope the white sox go no better than 4-2 against Tampa and KC.

kittle42
08-27-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm more worried about the white sox. I hope the white sox go no better than 4-2 against Tampa and KC.

Well, here's hoping you're wrong, though these are the two bottom-of-the-barrel teams that have given the Sox the most trouble over the past few seasons.

slicknickshady
08-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Well, here's hoping you're wrong, though these are the two bottom-of-the-barrel teams that have given the Sox the most trouble over the past few seasons.

I expect whitesox fans to hope i'm wrong. Heck the sox should tell themselves they have to go at least 5-1.

gobears1987
08-27-2006, 08:39 PM
What does their 5 man rotation look like without Liriano?

Who is their #5 then?

SoXPriDe33
08-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Well don't ask John Kruk who he thinks makes the playoffs. He says the Sox are out. But then again it is ESPN and they know nothing. I really don't like the twins' chances with such a horrible rotation outside of Santana and that bullpen will be used quite a lot, but you never know they might turn some heads. I hope they don't though.

SOXandILLINI
08-27-2006, 09:19 PM
slicknick...saw you on the IB as well

0o0o0
08-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Their #5 shut us down last weekend.

TheOldRoman
08-27-2006, 10:35 PM
It doesn't matter who is pitching for the Twins, they are winning anyway. They have two great hitters and one good one (Castillo) on their team. Aside from them and Hunter, who is extremely overrated, the rest of the lineup is retreads and ****ty hitters. However, every one of them has a rabbit's foot stuck up their ass. The "piranhas" are future .260 career hitters who are all having a mindblowing lucky streaks at the same time. Garbage like Punto and Bartlett, who can only hope to be career journeymen, are hitting well over .300. They are getting bloop hits and lucky bounces at every turn.
The same thing is happening with their pitching staff. This team is going to win games no matter who they put out there. That doesn't mean we are out of it by any means, but no injuries are going to take this Twins team down. They are just too damn lucky. The only way the Twins will miss the playoffs is if the Sox get hot and take it away from them.

FedEx227
08-27-2006, 11:39 PM
Believe it or not they've had this pitching rotation for 3 weeks now... and they seem to be gaining a bit of ground. They win no matter what. They are always a scrappy-bunch of guys that will do whatever to push a run forward. The mentality of us having our playoff ticket punched based on another teams flaw is just stupid and its mentalities like that that cause teams to miss the playoffs.

Lets worry about winning our games. The Twins are going to be a good team, the Tigers are a good team, we are a good team. I don't see many flaws in any of the teams, its really just who can out-play the others during this strech run.

schmitty9800
08-28-2006, 12:00 AM
I don't know why everyone pencils in Liriano an automatic dominant force. He needs to prove that he can come back after injury. If he had to alter his mechanics at all because of the injury you never know what that'll do to a young pitcher.

AnkleSox
08-28-2006, 01:40 AM
As worried as I am about the twins, I don't think scrubs like punto, bartlett, and tyner are going to continue to hit a combined .320 (or something like that).

As long as Torii isn't facing the Sox, he's not going to hit HUGE go ahead home runs every time he bats (:angry: by the way).

With Liriano and Radke out, I don't see how they can hold up. It is the Twins however, and although their farm system is amazing, they just seem to be the luckiest team of all time. At least the past few years.