PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Survivor! (round 1)

HawkDJ
02-24-2002, 12:02 AM
If you don't already know, I love games so here goes another. If you don't like games than tell me, I'll stop.

Just like Survivor, vote for the person you want out of the tribe. The winner is the last one standing.

I purposely left out Royce Clayton for obvious reasons and Kenny Lofton and Todd Ritchie since the haven't played for the Sox.

Here is the tribe:

:hurt :walnuts :ray :burly :manos :caballo :maggs :walk :keith http://whitesox.mlb.com/cws/photo/ph_play_mugshot_133220.jpg

WinningUgly!
02-24-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
If you don't already know, I love games so here goes another. If you don't like games than tell me, I'll stop.

Just like Survivor, vote for the person you want out of the tribe. The winner is the last one standing.

I purposely left out Royce Clayton for obvious reasons and Kenny Lofton and Todd Ritchie since the haven't played for the Sox.

I'll go out on a limb & say Frank wins (http://www.geocities.com/lowelifeplace/WUtourney.html) . :D:

FarWestChicago
02-24-2002, 12:25 AM
Gascan Howling with the early lead. :smile:

WinningUgly!
02-24-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Gascan Howling with the early lead. :smile:

No surprise there. How come the Choice was left out of this for "obvious reasons" but Howry gets to play?

CLR01
02-24-2002, 03:06 AM
write in:

:rowand :rowand :rowand :rowand :rowand :rowand :rowand :rowand :rowand :rowand

CLR01
02-24-2002, 03:07 AM

HawkDJ
02-24-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

No surprise there. How come the Choice was left out of this for "obvious reasons" but Howry gets to play?

Sorry guys. I knew you hated Royce and Paul, but yet to know you guys hated Howry. You are hateful people, no? Just vote him out and get it over with.

Sorry no Rowand, since he is not starting.

Hey thanks for sticking this! :D:

Spiff
02-24-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

Sorry guys. I knew you hated Royce and Paul, but yet to know you guys hated Howry. You are hateful people, no?

Hahaha us? Nahhhhhh never... :)

RedPinStripes
02-24-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
write in:

I'm shocked that you picked Rowand.

CLR01
02-24-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

I'm shocked that you picked Rowand.

Geee, im shocked you responded like that.

I wonder who picked Frank.

awesomefan
02-24-2002, 12:46 PM
I totally don't get the concept of this whole so called "game"

Would you please try to explain it to me?

Why are the Chicago White Sox being called the Tribe? That's the Cleveland Indians nickname.

Just because we got a couple of the Cleveland Indians hand me downs shouldn't mean we start callin' the awesome Chicago White Sox the Tribe. To me, it's in the same catagory as sayin' Sox Suck. Don't be a Jayson Williams over here.

I just don't get it! From the sound & looks of some of the replies...the others don't get it either.

Would someone give me a clue? I don't think it's funny to call the White Sox the Tribe.....whasssup wit dat????

Jerry_Manuel
02-24-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by awesomefan
Why are the Chicago White Sox being called the Tribe? That's the Cleveland Indians nickname.

On the show Survivor on CBS the group is usually called the Tribe.

Besides the Indians are no longer the Indians, Awesome. According to their new jersey's they are the Cleveland Jndjans.

awesomefan
02-24-2002, 01:00 PM
Jerry_Manuel: That's what I figured..it was a Survivor Thang.

I don't watch those NON-REALITY shows...Survivor, Fear Factor, Temptation Island, Fantasy Island Stuff, etc.

They are all a big joke & in NO WAY have anything to do with REALITY. Most of it is FAKE!!!!

I don't like to single out White Sox players & start comin' up with reasons to throw them off the team...

HawkDJ
02-24-2002, 01:01 PM
Yeah, like the skipper above me said, this game is somewhat modeled after the show Survivor, where they have 2 different "tribes". That is why I said here is the tribe. I didn't even think about it being the Indians nickname when typed it.

Trust me, I'm loyal!

awesomefan
02-24-2002, 01:42 PM
HawkDJ2k2: I believe you're a die-hard White Sox fan; but when you start callin' the White Sox the Tribe, it's not funny to me even in a joke. I'm very serious about Our Chicago White Sox & really love baseball.

Has anyone ever heard some of these similar words to a song?....

"It Takes Alot To Rock Me Baby"...It Takes Alot To Make Me Smile"

"It Takes Alot To Rock Me Baby"..."I Make You Crawl That Extra Mile"

"It Takes Alot To Rock Me Baby"..."When It Comes To Love, I'm Double Tough"

GUESS WHO SINGS THAT SONG & CAN YOU NAME THAT TUNE????

RichH55
02-24-2002, 02:48 PM
Why leave Royce off??!?!? Yes he will get voted off(early and often), but its cathartic to do so....like tossing garbage on a nice summer day

Meatpants
02-25-2002, 04:08 PM
I can't believe Parque is not running away with this.

Dadawg_77
02-25-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Meatpants
I can't believe Parque is not running away with this.

He'll be the next to go. I am still trying to figure out how to vote more then once.

Daver
02-25-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

He'll be the next to go. I am still trying to figure out how to vote more then once.

Ask CLR01.:redneck

foulkesfan11
02-25-2002, 08:12 PM
What about Kelly? GO KELLY FOREVER!!!

:kelly :kelly :kelly :kelly :kelly

HawkDJ
02-25-2002, 08:24 PM
I would have put Kelly, Garland and maybe more but there is a maximum of 10 items in polls.

I'm going to start the new round fairly soon.

foulkesfan11
02-25-2002, 08:30 PM
I'd sure push Howry & Lee off of an island.

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-25-2002, 08:46 PM
I just got the chance to read all the posts. Awesomefan needs a bit of decaf I think.

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: