PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day!

Cubbiesuck13
02-23-2002, 11:57 PM
I cannot wait until April one, it will be great to finally watch them play again. Oh yeah, before I forget does anyone know of anyway I could listen to old Sox games? 80's and mid 90's. I would be greatfull. :luis&nell

GASHWOUND
02-24-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Cubbiesuck13
I cannot wait until April one, it will be great to finally watch them play again. Oh yeah, before I forget does anyone know of anyway I could listen to old Sox games? 80's and mid 90's. I would be greatfull. :luis&nell

Yeah, i'm even get excited when ESPN airs the Spring games on the radio, imagine how I feel when the spring games air on TV, I think the first one doesn't air until March 17 or something.

FarWestChicago
02-24-2002, 12:06 AM
I cannot wait until April one, it will be great to finally watch them play again. Oh yeah, before I forget does anyone know of anyway I could listen to old Sox games? 80's and mid 90's. I would be greatfull.Here's a article about a site where you can buy tapes:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=2&id=53

And here is an article with some samples:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=2&id=136

WinningUgly!
02-24-2002, 12:13 AM
I cannot wait until April one, it will be great to finally watch them play again. Oh yeah, before I forget does anyone know of anyway I could listen to old Sox games? 80's and mid 90's. I would be greatfull. :luis&nell I know what you mean. Once football is over I really start getting that opening day itch.

Cubbiesuck13
02-24-2002, 12:47 AM
Here's a article about a site where you can buy tapes:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I had this urge to hear old games last night when I was gettin my mind right to sleep. The thought of the announcers voice just brought me back to when I was a wee sox fan stayin up late with my old man. :lsox

Nellie_Fox
02-24-2002, 03:06 AM
Ah, yes, Little Looie and Little Nel goofing around.

However, 80's and 90's as "old games?" I remember listening to The Commander, Bob Elson, on my six transistor radio (radio station WCFL) with the earplug when I was supposed to be asleep. In fact, listening to Bob Elson was a real good way to get to sleep.

Cubbiesuck13
02-24-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Ah, yes, Little Looie and Little Nel goofing around.

However, 80's and 90's as "old games?" I remember listening to The Commander, Bob Elson, on my six transistor radio (radio station WCFL) with the earplug when I was supposed to be asleep. In fact, listening to Bob Elson was a real good way to get to sleep.

I'm not saying that 80's and 90's games are old, just not new. Besides its what I remember listing to. I guess i am showing my age. :bigklu

awesomefan
02-24-2002, 02:50 PM
Cubbiesuck13: Who's the White Sox player in the sleeveless uniform you posted?????

I'd love to get hold of some video of some real old games like from when Minnie Minoso was playin' with the Sox....As Minoso Goes...So Goes Chicago was a famous sayin' back then.

Minnie was also called "The Katsinjammer Kid"...I think it had something to do with how fancy he dressed & the fancy cars he drove back then.

Cubbiesuck13
02-24-2002, 03:00 PM
Luke Appling.

I have an old sox video, man its got to be at least 15 years old. Its the story of the whitesox starting from the begining. It has old clips of guys like Minnie and such. Its a good watch.

FarWestChicago
02-24-2002, 03:06 PM
Luke Appling.That's Big Klu.