PDA

View Full Version : Nirvana

OKCSoxFan
08-26-2006, 11:54 AM
So I'm still reeling from last night's game, frustrated as everyone else on here that Vazquez got pulled (even though I was all for it at the time), that our relievers threw fire on the flames, and that we can't score a run when we need it. I watch the wild card lead disintegrate again and am super-pissed that this team can't live up to what they showed they can do last year. We all know the problems...no need to re-hash them here.

My wife mentions, "It's been a long time since you watched any of those World Series DVDs" so I pop in Game 2 in my computer. Being the instant gratification type of guy, I jump to the seventh inning and watch the Sox load the bases and watch Walnuts (I know, we call him PK now) knock Qualls' first pitch over the wall and light up the city. Then I go for my favorite moment, Pods' 9th-inning shot, and watch the celebration a couple times.

All the stress is gone, I feel good, and I think that if we can pull our heads out (been waiting 130 games and it hasn't happened yet) we'll be fine. Probably not much chance of winning it all again and if we even make the playoffs, probably won't win the first series. But you know what? I can't control that. I can be pissed and spew venom all I want and it doesn't matter. Does it make me feel better to release all the hate on the boards? Sometimes, but not usually -- seeing everyone else's bad attitude usually just brings me down further. I probably seem like a feel-gooder right now, but I'm typically more of a Dark Cloud that finally figured out I can either accept these Sox the way they are or keep comparing them to the magical 2005 team. Accepting them, and our fate, really makes things easier.

So there it is ... no insight, no rah-rah, no hate. A totally useless post. But I've reached my happy place now. And damn my wife is smart.

Until first pitch today, then we better kick some Twinkie ***!

ajismyhero
08-26-2006, 12:05 PM
My father and I were both unknowingly (until we confessed it to each other the next day) watching our MLB World Series Champs DVD the other night in 2 different living rooms, on 2 different televisions, 2 states away. It definitely pumped me up for our victories against Detroit on Wed and Thurs!!!

kevingrt
08-26-2006, 12:25 PM
We need a win today and by the way those WS DVD's are very good medication.