PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Back In....Fan Incident After the Game

Brian26
08-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Didn't see this immediately in the postgame thread...

After the game, several Twins players ran over to the area where the fan interfered. Nathan was pointing at the fan. Not sure if he was saying "Thank You" or "Stick It". Then several Sox security officers came over. At that point, they dimmed the lights for the fireworks. That's when things got ugly. The Sox security guys dragged someone out of the first row by the camera well. There appeared to be a huge struggle, and the security guys and at least one fan got thrown over the railing in the camera well. The fan then got dragged down the tunnel. We saw this all from the upper deck. If anyone else was closer to the play, I'd like to know if they saw this happen.

MrRoboto83
08-26-2006, 01:23 AM
Didn't see this immediately in the postgame thread...

After the game, several Twins players ran over to the area where the fan interfered. Nathan was pointing at the fan. Not sure if he was saying "Thank You" or "Stick It". Then several Sox security officers came over. At that point, they dimmed the lights for the fireworks. That's when things got ugly. The Sox security guys dragged someone out of the first row by the camera well. There appeared to be a huge struggle, and the security guys and at least one fan got thrown over the railing in the camera well. The fan then got dragged down the tunnel. We saw this all from the upper deck. If anyone else was closer to the play, I'd like to know if they saw this happen.

I wonder what that was all about?

jenn2080
08-26-2006, 01:24 AM
thats ****ing ridiculous. real ****ing classy. as if the loss wasnt bad enough.:angry: :angry: :angry:

salty99
08-26-2006, 01:26 AM
And Brian didn't even tell you about the drunk Twins fan who fell down two rows of seats.

BeviBall!
08-26-2006, 01:26 AM
I narrowly avoided getting pelted with trash that the upper tank was throwing. It was a night where disappointment spilt over into people being jerks.

TheDarkGundam
08-26-2006, 01:30 AM
The fan who interfered appeared to be dropping a few f-bombs at the Twins players right after the final out, this probably had something to do with that.

mbwhitesox
08-26-2006, 02:04 AM
And Brian didn't even tell you about the drunk Twins fan who fell down two rows of seats.

Are you talking about the guy in 533?

Babe The Blue Ox
08-26-2006, 02:29 AM
From the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

With two outs and Scott Podsednik on second, Jermaine Dye came to the plate, and Nathan induced him to hit a high foul ball down the right field line.
First baseman Justin Morneau got a glove on the ball, but it was jarred loose by a fan reaching over the rail. Umpire Andy Fletcher called fan interference.
"I think it was a good call," Guillen said. Par for the course in this town, where Cubs fans still are looking for Steve Bartman for ruining their 2003 playoffs by interfering with a foul ball.

"A couple Bears fans came out and tackled him," Gardenhire said. "Of course they didn't make the play." Nathan went to the area to get the ball as a souvenir. A scuffle broke out between two fans. Nathan got the ball, but a fan was taken away by security.
http://www.startribune.com/509/story/636282.html

Nellie_Fox
08-26-2006, 02:35 AM
"A couple Bears fans came out and tackled him," Gardenhire said. "Of course they didn't make the play." Nathan went to the area to get the ball as a souvenir. A scuffle broke out between two fans. Nathan got the ball, but a fan was taken away by security.
http://www.startribune.com/509/story/636282.htmlI've read that several times now, and it still makes no sense. I have no idea what he's trying to say. Tried to tackle who? And if a player from the opposing team actually tried to get a ball "as a souvenir" from the hometown fans, he's a complete idiot, and just asking for trouble.

By the way, the writer, LaVelle E. Neal III, is a native Chicagoan and huge Bears fan who often comes on KFAN to trash talk about the Bears/Vikings. I don't get a sense that he's a Sox fan, however.

chisoxmike
08-26-2006, 02:38 AM

...how about the Twins fans above my section in their skybox throwing beer on us after Hunter hit the Home run....

Babe The Blue Ox
08-26-2006, 02:39 AM
If you look at the article, there's a paragraph marker between what Gardentool said (the Bears tackle "joke" - I think he was referring to fans going down to tackle the fan who interfered?) and Nathan going over to get the ball. Albeit, LEN is not Hemmingway.

edit for spelling, additional possible insight into beat writer's quote

MrX
08-26-2006, 02:41 AM
I've read that several times now, and it still makes no sense. I have no idea what he's trying to say. Tried to tackle who? And if a player from the opposing team actually tried to get a ball "as a souvenir" from the hometown fans, he's a complete idiot, and just asking for trouble.
I think he's trying to say they tried to tackle Morneau and didn't break it up. I think his use of tackle was just a poor choice of words.

salty99
08-26-2006, 06:45 AM
Are you talking about the guy in 533?

Yup, interesting stuff. We were in row 6.

alohafri
08-26-2006, 10:08 AM
...how about the Twins fans above my section in their skybox throwing beer on us after Hunter hit the Home run....

Or the jackass in the Cubs tee shirt they showed on television cheering Hunter's home run as if Phil Nevin had hit it.

we be jake
08-26-2006, 11:16 AM
If you look at the article, there's a paragraph marker between what Gardentool said (the Bears tackle "joke" - I think he was referring to fans going down to tackle the fan who interfered?) and Nathan going over to get the ball. Albeit, LEN is not Hemmingway.

edit for spelling, additional possible insight into beat writer's quote

Albeit, LEN is not Hemmingway.

lol hee-hee

:cool: we be jake

Soxfanspcu11
08-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Or the jackass in the Cubs tee shirt they showed on television cheering Hunter's home run as if Phil Nevin had hit it.

I didn't see it because I was at the game, but this does not surprise me in the least.

Cub fans are the biggest pieces of **** EVER! They can't handle the fact that they are losing control of the city that they don't know what to do but come to our park and cheer against us?:?: Yeah, have fun with that, and thanks for contributing to our revenue moron. I sure as hell would NEVER go that piece of **** stadium and cheer against the cubs just to do it. Geez these guys are a special kind of pathetic.

The last game of the Kansas City series I saw some dude in a cubs jersey and Detroit hat. I told him straight up, "You look ridiculous, you are embarrasing yourself". He looked perplexed and came back at me with, "Yeah, well......your striped shirt looks ridiculous". Umm..........what?

I have no problem with legitimate Twins fans cheering their team, as long as they respect the park and the people, it's all good. Cubs fans coming to the game to cheer against the Sox however......:rolleyes:

Anyway, we shall see if anything happens tonight, I really hope not. I have season tickets out in the bleachers and I was disapointed by some of the fans yesterday who threw some of those new plastic beer bottles on to the field after the final out. Normally I would say something, but I myself was just too pissed. I understand the frustration, but our stadium does not smell of piss, so please don't treat it like a giant toilet.

ajismyhero
08-26-2006, 11:37 AM
I didn't see it because I was at the game, but this does not surprise me in the least.

Cub fans are the biggest pieces of **** EVER! They can't handle the fact that they are losing control of the city that they don't know what to do but come to our park and cheer against us?:?: Yeah, have fun with that, and thanks for contributing to our revenue moron. I sure as hell would NEVER go that piece of **** stadium and cheer against the cubs just to do it. Geez these guys are a special kind of pathetic.

The last game of the Kansas City series I saw some dude in a cubs jersey and Detroit hat. I told him straight up, "You look ridiculous, you are embarrasing yourself". He looked perplexed and came back at me with, "Yeah, well......your striped shirt looks ridiculous". Umm..........what?

I have no problem with legitimate Twins fans cheering their team, as long as they respect the park and the people, it's all good. Cubs fans coming to the game to cheer against the Sox however......:rolleyes:

Anyway, we shall see if anything happens tonight, I really hope not. I have season tickets out in the bleachers and I was disapointed by some of the fans yesterday who threw some of those new plastic beer bottles on to the field after the final out. Normally I would say something, but I myself was just too pissed. I understand the frustration, but our stadium does not smell of piss, so please don't treat it like a giant toilet.

Amen.

FielderJones
08-26-2006, 11:50 AM
I have season tickets out in the bleachers and I was disapointed by some of the fans yesterday who threw some of those new plastic beer bottles on to the field after the final out. Normally I would say something, but I myself was just too pissed. I understand the frustration, but our stadium does not smell of piss, so please don't treat it like a giant toilet.

Bandwagoners, noobs. I doubt long time Sox fans would do that. Some morons who saw Flub fans do the same at the Urinal; monkey see, monkey do.

kevingrt
08-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Bandwagoners, noobs. I doubt long time Sox fans would do that. Some morons who saw Flub fans do the same at the Urinal; monkey see, monkey do.

It was just disappointing all around last night at the Cell. Today is a big game.

itsnotrequired
08-28-2006, 09:06 AM

I was in 520 and saw a guy sporting a Cubs shirt with a Twins hat.

:rolleyes:

miker
08-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Classless Twins fans? Can't possibly be true...

Seriously, the only way to save the State of Minnesota is to expand the gene pool.

Nellie_Fox
08-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Classless Twins fans? Can't possibly be true...

Seriously, the only way to save the State of Minnesota is to expand the gene pool.Just because you don't like the Twins, you don't have to rip on an entire state.

By the way, when I was at the Metrodome last weekend, there were plenty of Sox fans who were so drunk before the game even started that they could barely stand up, and many of them were plenty obnoxious. It's universal.

WizardsofOzzie
08-28-2006, 12:48 PM

Wow, all they needed was a 04 Red Sox armband and they will have the bandwagon trifecta complete

jenn2080
08-28-2006, 12:55 PM
I surprisingly had no complaints. we stood behind our section 161 and had some Twins fans by us. They were really cool guys just there to cheer their team on for a weekend get away.

IronFisk
08-28-2006, 01:07 PM

DOUBLE AMEN! At the Boston game, I had the pleasure of being flipped off by an absolutely a-hole sCrUB fan dressed in a classy "White Sux" shirt with a Devil Rays hat (:?:). The fink didn't even care for Boston - I nearly had it out with him - SO pissed me off!

Yer right, if you are fan of the other team, I can deal with it. However, these complete morons need to be found out and handed out some "White Sox Justice" in the parking lot after a game. Give them something to think about if they try and return. Doucebags.

0o0o0
08-28-2006, 01:14 PM
DOUBLE AMEN! At the Boston game, I had the pleasure of being flipped off by an absolutely a-hole sCrUB fan dressed in a classy "White Sux" shirt with a Devil Rays hat (:?:). The fink didn't even care for Boston - I nearly had it out with him - SO pissed me off!

Yer right, if you are fan of the other team, I can deal with it. However, these complete morons need to be found out and handed out some "White Sox Justice" in the parking lot after a game. Give them something to think about if they try and return. Doucebags.

Weren't Cub fans always criticizing Sox fans, saying that they care more about the Cubs losing than the Sox winning? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fake Chet Lemon
08-28-2006, 02:09 PM
By the way, when I was at the Metrodome last weekend, there were plenty of Sox fans who were so drunk before the game even started that they could barely stand up, and many of them were plenty obnoxious. It's universal.

That's really hard to believe........

spiffie
08-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Just because you don't like the Twins, you don't have to rip on an entire state.

The Drinking Team took a roadtrip?

maurice
08-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Par for the course in this town, where Cubs fans still are looking for Steve Bartman for ruining their 2003 playoffs by interfering with a foul ball.

Wow, worst analogy ever. Bartman allegedly knocked a probably uncatchable ball away from the home team, allegedly costing his own team the game. In this case, the fan knocked an extremely catchable ball away from the other team.