PDA

View Full Version : Pete's Pedestal Week #1

Pete_SSAC
02-23-2002, 09:30 PM
A week ago, the pitchers and catchers reported, officially making it the beginning of Spring Training. And in less than a week, Exhibition games will begin. And we have more or less received an answer to some of those nagging injures that plagued last season:

Jim Parque - Is pitching, and has had a little time in BP (showing off the Amazing Butter Power). From the looks of it, he might not miss the first month of the season after all.

Kelly Wunch - Arm is doing fine, but now his hammy is something to sorry about. Although it looks like he won’t miss much training.

Antonio Osuna - Well, we know that he is training with the rest, and according to rumors that JM is looking at him to be the 5th starter, one can assume that he is recovered.

Lorenzo Barcelo - Ummm, I know that he was detained due to passport problems, but does ANYONE know anything else?

Rocky Biddle - Uhhh… yeah. See here’s the thing, it looks like Burns might be burnt.

Frank Thomas - Looks great, says he’s great. So there, ha!

Well, that was the big time part of our injuries, so far things look good, of course, we can only wait to see how they play in about a week to figure the rest out. Now, enough of what we know now, and focus on what can be. Without further adieu, here’s my pre-season predictions about the AL Central.

1 - Chicago White Sox - 90-95 wins. Look for something that could be more of the same from the 2000 season. They will take full advantage of the unbalanced schedule, since the majority of the Central pretty weak. The only opponent we have is ourselves. We need the injured to return to form (epically Thomas, Parque, and Wunch) , and pray that others don’t get injured.

2 - Minnesota Twins 80 - 85 wins. A slightly weaker form of the 2001 club. I feel that although their starting pitching is strong, their offense may hurt them. I feel that the second half of last season will tell us how they will do this season.

3 - Cleveland Indians - 70-75 wins. Don’t expect much. You can’t trade away about half of your offense and expect to do much better than .500. Thome is no long a threat, since you can just pitch around him. The true battle in this division will be between the Tigers and Indians for third.

4 - Detroit Tigers - 70-75 wins. Not much has changed. Not much will change. Not much to say.

5 - Kansas City Royals - 65-70 wins. See Tigers.

Tune in next week….

doublem23
02-23-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
Antonio Osuna - Well, we know that he is training with the rest, and according to rumors that JM is looking at him to be the 5th starter, one can assume that he is recovered.

WHAT????????????

Antonio Osuna. 5th starter.

Jesus, it's been one week into Spring Training 2002, and already Jerry is scaring me....

Pete_SSAC
02-23-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

WHAT????????????

Antonio Osuna. 5th starter.

Jesus, it's been one week into Spring Training 2002, and already Jerry is scaring me....

I don't think he' serious. I think it might be more of a motavational thing that anything else.

I hope.

- Pete