PDA

View Full Version : Fearsome 4-some?

MaggPipes
02-23-2002, 09:55 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-soxnt23s.html

read on....

frank hit off of Garland, says Garland is going to be great....maybe a breakout season...

where have i heard that before?

nut_stock
02-23-2002, 11:37 AM
But the 4 will have Manos seperating Lee from the rest of the pack.

Pete_SSAC
02-23-2002, 02:13 PM
Backup catcher Mark Johnson

I like that quote.

:versatile
"Wait? Me MEEEEE!!!!!!!! I can do what he can't, make a run for third against Ichiro!"

- Pete

MattSharp
02-23-2002, 04:43 PM
I know that everyone on this board loves Garland. I haven't been here that long, but I tell everyone Sox fan I knwo that Garland will be the man. I seriously think he will be the best of the Sox new pitchers and I think in 5 years or so people will talk more about the Cubs letting him go, then the Sox letting Sosa go. I don't think there is a more important SP in the Sox organization. He should be untouchable...

RedPinStripes
02-23-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
I know that everyone on this board loves Garland. I haven't been here that long, but I tell everyone Sox fan I knwo that Garland will be the man. I seriously think he will be the best of the Sox new pitchers and I think in 5 years or so people will talk more about the Cubs letting him go, then the Sox letting Sosa go. I don't think there is a more important SP in the Sox organization. He should be untouchable...

I think he'll be a real good starter. I hope he'll be what you're saying.

doublem23
02-23-2002, 06:48 PM

Well, I don't know if Garland is as great as you say he is, but I do think he is going to be a solid pitcher in a few years. I really think that now that the hype that surrounded him out of Charlotte has dwindled and attached itself to other guys like Rauch, Malone, etc. etc., Garland is going to quietly become one of the top picthers on the Sox. While I wonder if he'll ever be an ace or something like that, I think Garland could be a very solid #2-#3 pitcher in the future.

But, yes, I think the Sox would be completely crazy to trade away Garland right now.

RedPinStripes
02-24-2002, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

But, yes, I think the Sox would be completely crazy to trade away Garland right now.

:KW
"I tried. It's too bad the owner of Anehiem is a bigger moron then me."

harwar
02-24-2002, 10:56 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that Garland will be the next Kevin Brown.I was living in dallas at the time Brown was on the rangers and he was the biggest joke in town.He couldn't get anyone out and the management took alot of heat so they dumped him and look what happened.It may not happen this year(maybe next year).I think he will end up being our number 1.

Iguana775
02-24-2002, 01:38 PM
...I think in 5 years or so people will talk more about the Cubs letting him go, then the Sox letting Sosa go

yea...that would be good to SHOVE that in their face. at least we got a good hitter that help in the pennent race. we just traded karshner(i prolly butchered that name. lol) for Jon Jon.