PDA

View Full Version : *Official* The Apostles' Crede 8/23/06 Postgame Thread

BeviBall!
08-23-2006, 10:19 PM
We believe in one Third Baseman... who won the damn game. Catholics in da hizzy!

Dan Mega
Amen!:bandance:

NoShoesJoe
Crede!

:putitontheboard: x2

:winner:

jenn2080
08-23-2006, 10:20 PM
thank god. thats a white sox winner.

stl_sox_fan
Bevi....as always Kudos on your thread header.

Bats came out tonight. LOB could've hurt them. Let's even this one out tomorrow. Bring it Jon!!!

cbotnyse
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/cbotnyse/sun.gif

MrRoboto83
Needed the win and we got it.

Timmy D's
Hey offense, Welcome back Kotter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Split 'em tomorrow and sweep 'em this weekend, badda bing badda boom, we're back in the mix.

NoShoesJoe
Good win! Even though it was ugly.

gobears1987
08-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Crede's HR doesn't count because he swung at a ball. He should've taken that pitch.

MarySwiss
Wow! Can we ever win an easy one? Like tomorrow? Please?

thomas35forever
Crede is da man!!!! Way to maintain the Wild Card lead boys!:bandance:

SoxShirt
I like the thread title...! :cool::redneck:smile::tongue::gulp::supernana:

eurotrash35
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/cbotnyse/sun.gif

ahhh, tooo bright! my eyes, my eyes!!!

JB98
08-23-2006, 10:22 PM
I just let out a huge sigh of relief when we win these days.

Great job bullpen. Crede and Konerko swung the bats great tonight.

eurotrash35
Crede's HR doesn't count because he swung at a ball. He should've taken that pitch.

the second one doesn't count either because we already had the lead.

Grzegorz
Had to outslug the Tiger tonight; does Freddie have to make every game an adventure?

Got get them tomorrow Jon!

slobes
08-23-2006, 10:23 PM
God this one felt good. Now we gotta come out fightin tomorrow. Keep the momentum...

Hokiesox
08-23-2006, 10:23 PM
I hope they string em together. And if they do, I'll organize the crow hunting trip for myself and a few others around here.

gobears1987
08-23-2006, 10:24 PM
While Konerko is homerless in like 60 ABs, he is batting .350 in that timeframe. Not bad.

INSox56
I'm happy we won. Thome is disturbing however....at least we have a damn fine backup to konerko in gload. We'll be seeing him for a week or so. :wink:

MrRoboto83
God this one felt good. Now we gotta come out fightin tomorrow. Keep the momentum...

Salvage the 4 game series would be nice, 5.5 out and come home and get some revenge on the Twinkies.

gobears1987
the second one doesn't count either because we already had the lead.
[psychotic shoota]Yeah! I was just going to say that[/shoota]

I"m really bummed I didn't select Crede as PTC though. I knew he would come up big yet selected Dye anyways. Crede always has big games against the TIgers.

Law11
08-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Not word specific but taken from a great Movie in Major league....

if we win tomorrow that's two in a row, win again and Friday and whats that called...

NoShoesJoe
I hope they string em together. And if they do, I'll organize the crow hunting trip for myself and a few others around here.

Count me in. I like mine with a side of foot in my mouth.

gobears1987
Not word specific but taken from a great Movie in Major league....

if we win tomorrow that's two in a row, win again and Friday and whats that called...
A winning streak!!!

gobears1987
08-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Count me in. I like mine with a side of foot in my mouth.I'll take that to go!:tongue:

thomas35forever
08-23-2006, 10:26 PM
A winning streak!!!
It has happened before.

PeteWard
08-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Hey offense, Welcome back Kotter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Split 'em tomorrow and sweep 'em this weekend, badda bing badda boom, we're back in the mix.

Have to get one more back tomorrow. Not quite ready to focus on the WC but a loss tomorrow and I will. Let's get them and maybe On Oct 1 Detroit will look back on Wed and Thursday as the games they left the Sox off the hook.

JB98
08-23-2006, 10:28 PM
While Konerko is homerless in like 60 ABs, he is batting .350 in that timeframe. Not bad.

Shhh. That's a secret. Most people around here are convinced that he is in a huge slump. :D:

Law11
08-23-2006, 10:28 PM
A winning streak!!!

I think things are comin around...

HotelWhiteSox
08-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Wow, that felt like the longest game ever. Nice to hang on to get the W.

Let's hope Thome is okay. I am still a little shaky on some of the pitchers, but this team can get it done

gobears1987
08-23-2006, 10:29 PM
We got Garland going tomorrow. So long as we score a few runs, I think that can be chalked up as a W. Besides, Jon PWNS the Kittens.

NoShoesJoe
08-23-2006, 10:30 PM
Motownsports is giving props to the Sox. Wow, I guess sportsmanship isn't dead, huh?

flo-B-flo
08-23-2006, 10:31 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/cbotnyse/sun.gif I like that picture.:wink: Sox better sign Crede long term.

cheezheadsoxfan
08-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Shhh. That's a secret. Most people around here are convinced that he is in a huge slump. :D:

Well we were all complaining about those solo homers:redneck

thomas35forever
I like that picture.:wink: Sox better sign Crede long term.
That's where you have to have concern about Josh Fields.

NoShoesJoe
Crede was awesome, PK stepped up. AJ, where are you? Time for you to respond too!

Can't forget JD, too.

cheezheadsoxfan
08-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Just said Thome has a "mild hamstring strain". Said it's not serious.

SpartanSoxFan
Crede is tied for 3rd on the team in Home Runs with Paulie...

I might just have to call up Triple Threat Sports and put an order in for a Road-Grey #24...:cool:

JB98
That's where you have to have concern about Josh Fields.

Fields can be packaged with a starting pitcher to bring us an upgrade for leadoff hitter next year.

ShoelessJoeS
08-23-2006, 10:35 PM
That's where you have to have concern about Josh Fields.If we do indeed sign Crede long term, expect Josh to start shaggin' balls in the outfield.

NoShoesJoe
Just said Thome has a "mild hamstring strain". Said it's not serious.

OK, that's what happened to Pablo too. He was batting over .400. He hasn't been the same since.

slobes

I might just have to call up Triple Threat Sports and put an order in for a Road-Grey #24...:cool:

I never would have guessed this before the season started.

ShoelessJoeS
08-23-2006, 10:36 PM

I might just have to call up Triple Threat Sports and put an order in for a Road-Grey #24...:cool:I already got my WS05 road Crede....it's the best!

flo-B-flo
08-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Had to outslug the Tiger tonight; does Freddie have to make every game an adventure? Maybe he can stop whining about run support now. At least his fastball was in the 90's tonight.

gobears1987
08-23-2006, 10:37 PM
I never would have guessed this before the season started.Who honestly would? Paulie could conveivably finish 4th in HRs on this team:o:

NoShoesJoe
08-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Who honestly would? Paulie could conveivably finish 4th in HRs on this team:o:

True. Unlikely but true. I kinda like seeing PK hitting for average and power.

Dan Mega
08-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Fields can be packaged with a starting pitcher to bring us an upgrade for leadoff hitter next year.

Carl Crawford?

flo-B-flo
08-23-2006, 10:44 PM
OK, that's what happened to Pablo too. He was batting over .400. He hasn't been the same since. apples and bowling balls. Zoom is a "leg" player Thomer is a banger.

batmanZoSo
Sacrilicious thread title.

I like our chances for evening it up tomorrow.

DickAllen72
Ozzie had better start taking defense, particularly outfield defense, seriously. That pop fly to centerfield in the first inning almost caused the Sox to lose another game.

BanditJimmy
Huge win.... but damn it was like pulling teeth.

Our back end of the bullpen is as good as gets out there.

If the starting rotation ever gets on a roll here the rest of the way ..... the AL will have their hands full.

WAKE UP THIS SLEEPING GIANT!

SouthSide_HitMen
08-23-2006, 10:45 PM
I prefer the Nicene Creed (http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11049a.htm) myself.

The Good: Joe Crede, Jermaine Dye, The Bullpen
The Bad: Freddie Garcia
The Ugly: Jim Thome's hamstring

Hopefully Jim will return before the end of the month. I'm more concerned with the starting staff at this point.

Love the pitching match up tomorrow and I think we pull out with a split - not what we hoped for on Monday but something we would give our left nut for heading into tonight's game.

Drinking Team - Drink DeToilet / The Arcade Dry Tonight!!! :gulp:

Crank it Bobby "Hebb" Jenks:

Sunny, yesterday my life was filled with rain.
Sunny, you smiled at me and really eased the pain.
The dark days are gone, and the bright days are here,
My Sunny one shines so sincere.
Sunny one so true, I love you.

JB98
08-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Carl Crawford?

Deep pink indeed.

Foulke You
08-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Whew...I'll take that win. It was pretty frustrating to watch because we had tons of opportunities to put this game away earlier. We had a ton of stranded runners because of the DPs but I'll take the W for sure.

Dye and Crede were awesome tonight. Nice job by MacDougal and Jenks to shut that door. MacDougal was a great pickup by KW. It's like having two closers at the end of a ballgame. Pretty nice luxury to have.

Alex Cintron had what could be his worst game since putting on a Sox uniform tonight.

I was surprised to see Leyland go to his bullpen in the 2nd inning tonight. If Ledesma doesn't give him innings that could have gotten real ugly for him.

Those damn Twinkees just had to win tonight:mad:

cheezheadsoxfan
08-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Motownsports is giving props to the Sox. Wow, I guess sportsmanship isn't dead, huh?

They were complaining about not being able to hit Garcia.:?: Also calling Crede "a genuine Tiger killer":D:

Blueprint1
08-23-2006, 10:58 PM

Thanks now that song is in my head. welcome back welcome back welcome back.

Cuck the Fubs
08-23-2006, 11:01 PM
I think it's time to walk away from the electrical trade...........

And get into construction......

I can make a fortune building and taking down ledges that everyone is getting on and off of:D:

Get er done tomorrow big Jon, and then let's mop up those pesky Twinkies!

CaptainBallz
08-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Alright Sox. There's two ways you can go after a win like this. Might I recommend "forward"?

Let's hope JT gets well soon. This could be a great opportunity for these other guys with the weak bats and the no clutch and the slumping to show their mettle.

I really have to give Leyland props for having the cajones to pull Miner that early. I'm just glad the damage was done by then. (thanks JD:D: )

Split this nonsense wide tomorrow.

southwstchi4life
08-23-2006, 11:10 PM
Amen Brother

MeteorsSox4367
08-23-2006, 11:14 PM
If Crede played in New York or Boston, he'd be touted as an MVP candidate. That said, I'm happy as hell he plays for our Sox. By the way, more kudos to Kenny for getting McDougal from the Royals.

Although McDougal weighs about as much as I did when I made my First Communion, he can bring it. I like him setting up Jenks.

Mike, welcome to Chicago.

NDSox12
08-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Hardly saw any of the game tonight... after watching the last two nights, it was probably just as well. I'll miss tomorrow's game too, so I smell a winning streak!

The Sox may have some pitching problems, but outside of Cotts, the bullpen has been almost automatic. Hopefully Garland can start a streak of good starting pitching tomorrow.

flo-B-flo
08-23-2006, 11:29 PM
If Crede played in New York or Boston, he'd be touted as an MVP candidate. If Jermaine Dye were on the yankers he'd be a ****in god!

SoxSpeed22
08-23-2006, 11:34 PM
Good job bullpen, Thorny made a decent pitch that Casey hit in the gap, but other than that, it was lights out. Freddy did great after the first and before the sixth, he should try and be a sinkerball pitcher from now on. Hopefully Garland can keep them down.

Timmy D's
08-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Thanks now that song is in my head. welcome back welcome back welcome back.

Sorry, hopefully this will help.
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/sounds/welcomebackkotter.wav

BadBobbyJenks
08-23-2006, 11:44 PM
Great win. Thought freddy was headed for a vintage blow up in the first inning followed by 6 or 7 shutout to follow, not so much but well take it.

Not so fun watching Ozzie get outmanaged by leyland with the pods/ba debacle, but it didnt end up hurting us.

Vernam
08-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Thank god for Joe, because Hawk was sounding suicidal after the first inning. He kept talking about the team's "psyche" being damaged, and his "we're getting exactly what we deserve" rap was reminiscent of last September's swoon. It also reminded me of my dad because, when things got really bad for the Sox, he would say "I hope they lose" as if he really meant it. In the old days, fans had to take satisfaction whereever they found it.:cool:

Freddie is frustrating to watch, but he sure has to battle now that he's lost something off his fastball. Anybody who thinks he doesn't have heart just isn't paying enough attention.

The moment Thome came up lame, I told my wife WSI would be buzzing with talk about Fields coming up. But I'd rather check the waiver wire before throwing him into the mix. We don't need a DH batting 8th or 9th in the order, and I don't see a call-up batting any higher than that. If curiosity is the point, I can wait 'til February.

Vernam

Frankfan4life
08-24-2006, 12:00 AM
I was out shopping all day and missed the whole game. So, I haven't seen a win in a while. No matter, I'm happy!!! I was almost ready for a strait jacket. This losing was making me crazy. Thank goodness I get one day of sanity. Right now, a two-game winning streak would be huge!

voodoochile
08-24-2006, 12:45 AM
So about that Mackowiak in CF issue... Looked like a popup in the first that BA would have easily run down to me, but then again, I could be wrong...

Ah well, details details...

:winner

:):supernana:

I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all the obstacles in my way

:)

Vernam
08-24-2006, 01:09 AM
So about that Mackowiak in CF issue... Looked like a popup in the first that BA would have easily run down to me, but then again, I could be wrong...Yeah, Hawk and DJ spared Mack-o-wack no criticism after that play. A few more steps, and Uribe would've been on the warning track . . .

Vernam

Grzegorz
08-24-2006, 05:54 AM
Ozzie had better start taking defense, particularly outfield defense, seriously. That pop fly to centerfield in the first inning almost caused the Sox to lose another game.
Again, this is not a new issue. This has happened in the past and should not be tolerated. You're looking at an situation where injuries can occur. I am not sure if Uribe is headstrong and feels he should take everything in his area, or if it is an issue because Mackowiac is in CF.

The coaches have to stop this now! This is unacceptable at any level of play from a safety aspect. Could you imaging what would happen if an injury brought down Anderson right now?

As for Hawk being critical of the team early on, he's spot on. If a team gives the pitcher a cushion in the first inning only to have that pitcher cough up the lead it pressures the offense.

The White Sox pitchers have either let the opposing team tie or grab the lead more times this year than any in recent memory.

Combine this fact with the issue of the defense looking like the Keystone Cops and you have a situation where an announcer like Hawk is obligated to critique the team.

I am hoping that Jon Garland gets a win getting a split in the series, that Cintron starts at short, and that Anderson is out in CF.

LngtimeTigersfan
08-24-2006, 06:24 AM
We believe in one Third Baseman... who won the damn game. Catholics in da hizzy!

Perfect thread title.

I hope Thome will be ok, that was rough to watch. I like him. On the other hand I hope Crede will miss the team bus to Comerica this afternoon. ( I would like Crede if he was a Tiger.)

Good game Sox.

wassagstdu
08-24-2006, 07:56 AM

How was that Ozzie's fault? You could see Pods calling for that all the way, and Mac could have caught it too if hot-shot Uribe had not tried to show-boat another over-the-shoulder highlight reel candidate. How many times have we seen that happen now? I am a huge fan of Uribe, but he has got to learn to play TEAM defense.

wassagstdu
08-24-2006, 08:06 AM
Good game Sox.

Not entirely. Pods taking strike 2 on a pitch that was perfect to bunt was kind of a crystallizing moment, typifying what is wrong with this team this year. I applaud Ozzie for slapping Pods for it by letting Anderson finish the at-bat. But that failure to get down a bunt resulted in the inning-ending DP, costing what could have been a big inning and possibly the game.

Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming Pods for the Sox problems and (like Ozzie, I hope) I condemn the sin, not the sinner. But that one pitch pretty much identified the lack of killer instinct, team spirit, and execution that we have seen in less pure form all year, and by putting his finger on it hard, Ozzie sent a clear message to the team.

TornLabrum
08-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Again, this is not a new issue. This has happened in the past and should not be tolerated. You're looking at an situation where injuries can occur. I am not sure if Uribe is headstrong and feels he should take everything in his area, or if it is an issue because Mackowiac is in CF.

The coaches have to stop this now! This is unacceptable at any level of play from a safety aspect. Could you imaging what would happen if an injury brought down Anderson right now?

As for Hawk being critical of the team early on, he's spot on. If a team gives the pitcher a cushion in the first inning only to have that pitcher cough up the lead it pressures the offense.

The White Sox pitchers have either let the opposing team tie or grab the lead more times this year than any in recent memory.

Combine this fact with the issue of the defense looking like the Keystone Cops and you have a situation where an announcer like Hawk is obligated to critique the team.

I am hoping that Jon Garland gets a win getting a split in the series, that Cintron starts at short, and that Anderson is out in CF.

Ozzie knows firsthand what can happen on a play like the one with Uribe last night. We had a WCSF board meeting last night, and the first thing we all thought was, "That's just how Ozzie got hurt."

mccoydp
08-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Good win last night; sorely needed for the Sox.

I watched the last few innings of the game; haven't watched a lot of baseball recently due to my running schedule.

That three-spot in the 1st really helped out, didn't it?

I find it amazing that the Sox, if they win today, will only have lost one series since their turnaround started in Baltimore...yet everyone talks about how they're "slumping". Patience, patience.

:winner:

jenn2080
08-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Not entirely. Pods taking strike 2 on a pitch that was perfect to bunt was kind of a crystallizing moment, typifying what is wrong with this team this year. I applaud Ozzie for slapping Pods for it by letting Anderson finish the at-bat. But that failure to get down a bunt resulted in the inning-ending DP, costing what could have been a big inning and possibly the game.

Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming Pods for the Sox problems and (like Ozzie, I hope) I condemn the sin, not the sinner. But that one pitch pretty much identified the lack of killer instinct, team spirit, and execution that we have seen in less pure form all year, and by putting his finger on it hard, Ozzie sent a clear message to the team.

Thats what happened with Pods. I could not figure out for the life of me what happened I got up for a few seconds and came back and Brian was batting.

mark2olson
08-24-2006, 09:23 AM

The ball looked, IMO, playable by the CF or, possibly, the LF. Pods, Uribe, and Mac looked as though they were not communicating very well on the play and of the three, Uribe had the worst angle although he almost made the play. In addition to avoiding injury, one hates to give a competitive team extra outs and that ball, in my book, was an out.

Overall, fairly decent game by our Sox. Freddy baffled the hitters after the first inning and kept them off balance. Thornton, MacDougal, and Jenks were solid from the pen. Hate to see all the LOB and would like to see some execution on the bunts, but, a W is a W. Good game, fellas.

MsSoxVixen22
08-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Thank god for Joe, because Hawk was sounding suicidal after the first inning. He kept talking about the team's "psyche" being damaged, and his "we're getting exactly what we deserve" rap was reminiscent of last September's swoon. It also reminded me of my dad because, when things got really bad for the Sox, he would say "I hope they lose" as if he really meant it. In the old days, fans had to take satisfaction whereever they found it.:cool:

Freddie is frustrating to watch, but he sure has to battle now that he's lost something off his fastball. Anybody who thinks he doesn't have heart just isn't paying enough attention.

The moment Thome came up lame, I told my wife WSI would be buzzing with talk about Fields coming up. But I'd rather check the waiver wire before throwing him into the mix. We don't need a DH batting 8th or 9th in the order, and I don't see a call-up batting any higher than that. If curiosity is the point, I can wait 'til February.

Vernam

Vernam-My Dad is the SAME way. When the Sox lost the first 2 he was like I think the Sox are done, they have no intensity. And last nite, when we had bases loaded and couldn't score, he was yelling was have bases loaded and can't ****ing score! He, like your Dad, I'm sure, just get upset because they know the Sox can play better.

BeviBall-LOVE the title! Very clever! :tongue:

Garcia gives us all heart problems when he pitches. Let's hope Jon is on point today and we score some runs. Let's get back on track guys!

Jerko
08-24-2006, 10:45 AM
How was that Ozzie's fault? You could see Pods calling for that all the way, and Mac could have caught it too if hot-shot Uribe had not tried to show-boat another over-the-shoulder highlight reel candidate. How many times have we seen that happen now? I am a huge fan of Uribe, but he has got to learn to play TEAM defense.

:redface::redface: During a game at the Cell a few months back, Mack was in CF, Cintron was at short, Gooch was at 2nd and a ball that seemed to be in the air for 30 seconds landed between all 3 of them I thought for sure it was going to be an easy out, but it dropped. I yelled "If Uribe was in there, he would have gotten to it, at least he tries". After last night, I take it back. 30 lashes with a wet noodle for me next time I suggest Uribe chase all the popups. :redface::redface: