PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Guillen

Cubbiesuck13
02-23-2002, 01:28 AM
My favorite Sox player is now a 3B coach for Toreborg in Florida for those who dint know.

On that same note, clearly Ozzie pissed some folks in suits off in chicago, prolly said some things, if anyone know exactly what i would like to know. This guy is great to watch and is a gamer, he was with the sox his entire career, 13 plus i think, then he is gone. I was hoping for him to become a coach here, but oh well. pipe dreams.

Cubbiesuck13
02-23-2002, 01:30 AM
Any reason why wimpy left hawk? I thought it was retiring but i swear i heard him announcing for a team.....Expos??...Marlins??..someone else, anyone know???

FarWestChicago
02-23-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Cubbiesuck13
Any reason why wimpy left hawk? I thought it was retiring but i swear i heard him announcing for a team.....Expos??...Marlins??..someone else, anyone know??? I think it was the Murder City Kitties.

Cubbiesuck13
02-24-2002, 04:33 PM
Ok im ready for the abuse to come, you are the murder city kitties? I have never heard this before.

No one knows the story behind Ozzie and the Sox?

FarWestChicago
02-24-2002, 04:35 PM
Ok im ready for the abuse to come, who are the murder city kitties? I have never heard this before.
Detroit Tigers

Cubbiesuck13
02-24-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Detroit Tigers

that makes sense

OfficerKarkovice
02-24-2002, 04:43 PM
Any reason why wimpy left hawk? I thought it was retiring but i swear i heard him announcing for a team.....Expos??...Marlins??..someone else, anyone know???

It was indeed the Tigers...and I believe it was something about the Sox upper management telling Wimpy that either he change his broadcasting style to make it directed more at younger generations or something like that or else they were going to replace him. Wimp said no and now we are stuck with DJ.

Cubbiesuck13
02-24-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice

It was indeed the Tigers...and I believe it was something about the Sox upper management telling Wimpy that either he change his broadcasting style to make it directed more at younger generations or something like that or else they were going to replace him. Wimp said no and now we are stuck with DJ.

i dont mind DJ, he is not the best and sometimes its like the joe carter cub thing, kinda scary, but i miss wimpy. Go Hawk, it seemed they got a long pretty well im suprised Hawk never said anything to the upper mngment for telling wimpy that. (dint he want to be called duke at one point?)