PDA

View Full Version : A victory tonight

lakeviewsoxfan
08-23-2006, 01:26 PM
I believe is on the horizon. We hit Miner hard last time and you have to figure our offense is way ****ing overdue, combined with a solid perfromance by FG who has not pitched bad recently (take away Minny last Friday.) who knows in 27 hours we can forget about these miserable past 3 games and have a little momentum heading into the biggest series of the year against the Twinkies. Or they can sleep walk through another game hit weak grounders and pop ups and be impatient at the plate while Garcia tries to get an 88MPH fastball by their hitters, and hang breaking pitches that get hit half way to Kalamazoo. I for one wouldnt mind giving Crede a day off and go with either Cintron or Mack at 3rd, Crede has looked fatigued as of late and with a day game tomorrow aginst a LHP it might not be a bad idea, I hope we dont see Mack in CF and Cintron on 3B you never know with the matchup BS that OG likes to use.

Heres to a victory tonight.:supernana: :supernana: :gulp: :gulp:

2ndCitySox
08-23-2006, 01:30 PM
I believe is on the horizon. We hit Miner hard last time and you have to figure our offense is way ****ing overdue, combined with a solid perfromance by FG who has not pitched bad recently (take away Minny last Friday.) who knows in 27 hours we can forget about these miserable past 3 games and have a little momentum heading into the biggest series of the year against the Twinkies. Or they can sleep walk through another game hit weak grounders and pop ups and be impatient at the plate while Garcia tries to get an 88MPH fastball by their hitters, and hang breaking pitches that get hit half way to Kalamazoo. I for one wouldnt mind giving Crede a day off and go with either Cintron or Mack at 3rd, Crede has looked fatigued as of late and with a day game tomorrow aginst a LHP it might not be a bad idea, I hope we dont see Mack in CF and Cintron on 3B you never know with the matchup BS that OG likes to use.

Heres to a victory tonight.:supernana: :supernana: :gulp: :gulp:

:gulp:to that.

skottyj242
08-23-2006, 01:43 PM
This team needs more Ross Gload.

stacksedwards
08-23-2006, 01:58 PM
The team has showed nothing in the last three games that gives me any sort of confidence. Prove me wrong Sox! I'm not fealing a win until Thursday. Sorry, I'm just being realistic and pesamistic.

We need you Big Fred. I'll buy you some Grey Goose if you win.

CaptainBallz
08-23-2006, 02:01 PM
The team has showed nothing in the last three games that gives me any sort of confidence. Prove me wrong Sox! I'm not fealing a win until Thursday. Sorry, I'm just being realistic and pesamistic.

We need you Big Fred. I'll buy you some Grey Goose if you win.

Freddy can pitch a gem and it won't mean a thing unless the guys with the sticks do what they're paid to do.

It's "Show Me" time, Sox.:gulp:

Ol' No. 2

Heres to a victory tonight.:supernana: :supernana: :gulp: :gulp:You will definately see a heavily LH lineup tonight. Take a look at Miner's splits. He's awful against LH hitters.

Lip Man 1
"A victory tonight..."

Would be a refreshing change.

Lip

southside rocks
08-23-2006, 02:27 PM
You will definately see a heavily LH lineup tonight. Take a look at Miner's splits. He's awful against LH hitters.

Mackowiak in center? Please, please, no...please ...:bundy

Ol' No. 2
08-23-2006, 02:38 PM
Mackowiak in center? Please, please, no...please ...:bundyYeah, he really cost them the game on Monday night. He pitched like crap.

bluestar
08-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Yeah, he really cost them the game on Monday night. He pitched like crap.

The people who do not want to see Mackowiak in CF do not ALL blame every loss he starts there on him. As a matter of fact, I don't think playing Mack in CF has cost us ANY games. It isn't that we can't win with him there, but more that he does not field the position well.

Just because he managed to get through a game without making a costly mistake doesn't mean he needs to be in CF two or three times per week. He has no business playing CF with a healthy and reasonably rested (at least compared to others) Brian Anderson on the bench. Put Mack at 3B or LF if we need to give him some playing time. I would like to see Ozzie stop putting him in CF, but I don't think it is going to happen.

Chicken Dinner
08-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Mackowiak in center? Please, please, no...please ...

If you throw meatballs down the middle of the plate, I don't care who's out there, they aint going to catch them.

Ol' No. 2
08-23-2006, 03:05 PM
The people who do not want to see Mackowiak in CF do not ALL blame every loss he starts there on him. As a matter of fact, I don't think playing Mack in CF has cost us ANY games. It isn't that we can't win with him there, but more that he does not field the position well.

Just because he managed to get through a game without making a costly mistake doesn't mean he needs to be in CF two or three times per week. He has no business playing CF with a healthy and reasonably rested (at least compared to others) Brian Anderson on the bench. Put Mack at 3B or LF if we need to give him some playing time. I would like to see Ozzie stop putting him in CF, but I don't think it is going to happen.As I've said before, you need to get your bench players consistent AB if you want them to be ready when you need them. But I think you also need to be selective about when. You need to pick games when you can maximize the offensive gains and minimize the defensive loss. Miner's splits are ridiculous. He's awful against LH hitters, so tonight is a good example of a game where you get a comparatively bigger bang out of putting another LH bat in the lineup.

southside rocks

Just because he managed to get through a game without making a costly mistake doesn't mean he needs to be in CF two or three times per week. He has no business playing CF with a healthy and reasonably rested (at least compared to others) Brian Anderson on the bench. Put Mack at 3B or LF if we need to give him some playing time. I would like to see Ozzie stop putting him in CF, but I don't think it is going to happen.

Agree. I don't dislike Mack. I love him; he's part of the great bench that this team has. I absolutely would like to see him platooned with Pods in LF for a while, and I think he's great as a RF fill-in when Dye needs to be rested. But he cannot, he simply can not, play well in CF and IMO it's actually unfair to him to ask him to play there on a regular basis. It's not good for his confidence, and it's not good for the confidence of whoever's pitching.

FielderJones
You will definately see a heavily LH lineup tonight. Take a look at Miner's splits. He's awful against LH hitters.
Small sample (http://sportsline.com/mlb/players/player/splits/2006/541106) size, but yeah.

Category ERA INN AVG
VS. LEFTY 5.97 31.2 .336
VS. RIGHTY 2.91 46.1 .220

I guess you bite the bullet and start out with as many lefties as possible, get a lead, and bring in defensive replacements. When the split is that pronounced, playing the lefty-righty game makes sense; go with the odds in your favor.

hawkjt
08-23-2006, 03:41 PM
pLus with an afternoon game tomorrow with lefty on the mound, you go with the lefty lineup tonite and then righthanders tomorrow.

guys that could use a break;

Joe- slow bat
PK- hitting for average but no power of late
Jimbo- same as PK

At this point I am glad to see BA stride up there with guys on - he has been as good as anyone lately.

You have to ask the question; What is the gameplan that greg walker has implemented against rogers specifically and leftys in general?

Hawk and dj just talk constantly about taking the slow throwers like rogers to right field and we had a ton of grounders to the left side last nite.
Is it that they cannot execute the plan or the plan is bad?

They have seen rogers so many times you would think that they could come up with something sooner or later. Other teams have ripped him, why not us ever?

lakeviewsoxfan
08-23-2006, 03:48 PM
pLus with an afternoon game tomorrow with lefty on the mound, you go with the lefty lineup tonite and then righthanders tomorrow.

Joe- slow bat
Jimbo- same as PK

At this point I am glad to see BA stride up there with guys on - he has been as good as anyone lately.

You have to ask the question; What is the gameplan that greg walker has implemented against rogers specifically and leftys in general?

Hawk and dj just talk constantly about taking the slow throwers like rogers to right field and we had a ton of grounders to the left side last nite.

They have seen rogers so many times you would think that they could come up with something sooner or later. Other teams have ripped him, why not us ever?

The reason why we dont hit pitchers like Rogers is simple. The CWS are a Fastball hitting team, you throw a pitcher like Rogers out there we will lose alot more than they will win.

Ol' No. 2
08-23-2006, 03:53 PM

Joe- slow bat
Jimbo- same as PK

They have seen rogers so many times you would think that they could come up with something sooner or later. Other teams have ripped him, why not us ever?Ground balls to the left side are classic signs of hitters trying to pull balls that they shouldn't. I'm especially disappointed in Konerko, who has been much better this season about going the other way when needed. This is also a classic sign of hitters pressing - they're trying to do too much instead of taking what the pitcher gives them.

There's nothing wrong with the plan. They're not executing, and it's inexcusable because every one of these guys knows this.

Hitmen77
08-23-2006, 03:57 PM
A victory tonight.

....is something we should be saying 65 out of a 100 times and we'd be able to say it more often if Buehrle and Contreras didn't suddenly become inexplicably mediocre, Javy wasn't having an awful season even by his standards, and if Garcia didn't pick this point in time to look like he's finished as a decent starter.

Also it wouldn't hurt if our lineup featuring Thome, Konerko, Dye, and Crede would actually terrorize opposing pitchers once in a freaking while like their individual numbers suggest they should be doing.

7-1 and 4-0 losses. Losing 4-2 to KC....inexcusable. I'm tired of hearing how we should be beating these other guys. The time is now. If all of our starting pitchers except Garland are just going to fall apart and our hitters continue to be un-clutch and shut down by every halfway decent pitcher, then kiss October goodbye.:angry: This team still has the talent to win it all, but that "good on paper" argument is sounding alot like what we were saying in '03 and '04.
[/rant]

I want that 12-5 stretch back. WAKE UP WHITE SOX, WAKE UP!!!!!

soxinem1
08-23-2006, 05:53 PM
is a stay of execution. They need to get on a streak and perform like defending champions, not also-rans.

lakeviewsoxfan
08-23-2006, 09:46 PM
is a stay of execution. They need to get on a streak and perform like defending champions, not also-rans.

Looked good tonight, good not great way too many wasted opportunities and again Mack is not A CF and Pods is not a tampon string more like a complete tampon.

my5thbench
08-24-2006, 09:05 AM
well you got your win & Crede didn't look "fatigued" after all

Huisj
08-24-2006, 09:48 AM
while Garcia tries to get an 88MPH fastball by their hitters, and hang breaking pitches that get hit half way to Kalamazoo.

that would be a heck of a foul ball :tongue: