PDA

View Full Version : Jays blend baseball and hockey for an exciting new fan experience

Baby Fisk
08-23-2006, 10:57 AM
At the Rogers Centre last night, they introduced an exciting new addition to the Blue Jays fan experience: a gigantic foghorn.

The horn is mounted high in the catwalk area close to the upper roof of the dome. It sounded twice last night: one blast to signal a home run, and three blasts to signal a win at the end of the game.

If they were going to rip off the horns that blare at hockey arenas, I guess Toronto is the place where it would happen first.

Tekijawa
08-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Any Chance the resign Eric Lindros?

fquaye149
08-23-2006, 12:51 PM
i went to a fight and a blue jays game broke out

russ99
08-23-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm waiting for the Gibbons vs. Lilly and Hillenbrand steel cage match on WWE this offseason.

Tekijawa
08-23-2006, 12:58 PM
If a horn sounds at a Blue Jays game and no one is around to hear it... will the Red Sox catch the Yankees in the East?

batmanZoSo
08-23-2006, 01:07 PM
At the Rogers Centre last night, they introduced an exciting new addition to the Blue Jays fan experience: a gigantic foghorn.

The horn is mounted high in the catwalk area close to the upper roof of the dome. It sounded twice last night: one blast to signal a home run, and three blasts to signal a win at the end of the game.

If they were going to rip off the horns that blare at hockey arenas, I guess Toronto is the place where it would happen first.

I wouldn't be surprised if Minnesota adopted the same thing. Big hawkey fans up there, plus the Hump Dome has all the charm and ambience of a hockey rink.

Foulke You
08-23-2006, 01:18 PM
So if someone hits 3 HRs in a game will people throw their hats on to the playing field now?:tongue:

SouthSide_HitMen
08-23-2006, 03:05 PM

Perhaps it was a response to the in game fight (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77500). :cool:

http://www.hockeygoon.com/pictures/tie-domi-2.jpg

And Domi is pummelling Iguchi, oh the humanity. :D:

I want Mags back
08-23-2006, 06:14 PM
So if someone hits 3 HRs in a game will people throw their hats on to the playing field now?:tongue:

nice