PDA

View Full Version : What if Frank was late?

Viva Magglio
02-22-2002, 11:26 PM
Sammy Sosa is not going to report to Mesa until Monday, and the media is by-and-large giving him a free pass. Now suppose Frank Thomas was not going to report to Tucson until Monday. You and I know we'd never hear the end of it from the media.

FarWestChicago
02-22-2002, 11:29 PM
:moron

Sammy isn't reporting late. He's taking care of some great humanitarian deeds before blessing us with his presence. It's not like he's a Smut Sox or anything.

Daver
02-22-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:moron

Sammy isn't reporting late. He's taking care of some great humanitarian deeds before blessing us with his presence. It's not like he's a Smut Sox or anything.

:fluffy

You people think you have it bad?I have to live with Jay,and though the pay is good,Iams canned cat food is the finest,and with an ocasional leftover lobster tail,YUM,I still find it hard not to rear up and dig my claws into his skull over his complete idiocy.The life of a professional hairpice is harder than you think.The sacrifices I make for my proffesion are second to none.

WinningUgly!
02-22-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by daver

You people think you have it bad?I have to live with Jay,and though the pay is good,Iams canned cat food is the finest,and with an ocasional leftover lobster tail,YUM,I still find it hard not to rear up and dig my claws into his skull over his complete idiocy.The life of a professional hairpice is harder than you think.The sacrifices I make for my proffesion are second to none.

Poor fluffy! Go ahead & dig them claws in!

34rancher
02-23-2002, 12:09 AM
Remember that $20,000 that Sam-me-me-me lost.........Could it be that maybe that money was to buy a new birth certificate? It is probably taking a few days longer to find one.

WinningUgly!
02-23-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by 34rancher
Remember that $20,000 that Sam-me-me-me lost.........Could it be that maybe that money was to buy a new birth certificate? It is probably taking a few days longer to find one.

Wasn't Sammy real young when the Rangers signed him? I'll bet he's at least 3 years older than his listed age of 33.

Daver
02-23-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Wasn't Sammy real young when the Rangers signed him? I'll bet he's at least 3 years older than his listed age of 33.

I will see what I can find out,Jay has to have it filed somwhere.

czalgosz
02-23-2002, 12:39 AM

Well, he was 20 when he made his major-league debut back in 1989, and I remember that Himes had his eye on him for at least a couple of years before he traded for him...

bc2k
02-23-2002, 01:11 AM

I remember reading the Trib at the time the Cubs were talking about Sosa's contract extension. McPhail thought Sosa was one year older than he said he was. McPhail might have said that just to get a year knocked off Sosa's deal, but I have a feeling Sosa's at least one year older than he says he is.