PDA

View Full Version : lucky shirts

rwcescato
08-22-2006, 05:56 PM
I am trying and old new shirt for tonights game. I am moving in a few weeks and I dug up an old 1993 Western Division champ shirt. The shirt looks almost brand new. I must of had it and buried it for years. I will wear it and see what happens tonight. I figure it sure can't hurt. They sure have not look very energetic the last week.
Rich

I want Mags back
08-22-2006, 06:00 PM
im actually not gonna where the same shorts i wore yesterdayh, since they lost

Timmy D's
08-22-2006, 06:08 PM
After we win tonight, your stuck w/ that shirt till the end of October you realize dont you??
:o: :tongue: :tongue:

rwcescato
08-22-2006, 06:17 PM
After we win tonight, your stuck w/ that shirt till the end of October you realize dont you??
:o: :tongue: :tongue:

Its fine with me as long as we win.!!!:gulp:

Brian26
08-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Drastic times call for drastic measures. I just pulled out my lucky "Property of White Sox Baseball" t-shirt. We went 5 out of 6 last time I wore it for an extended period of time.

Chips
08-22-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm sure the White Sox are saying to themselves, "Hey some of our fans are wearing their lucky shirts, we're gonna have to win tonight."

Meh, I wear whatever I please, if the Sox win it has nothing to do with my shirt or my attendance or any other superstitious brouhaha.

Brian26
08-22-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm sure the White Sox are saying to themselves, "Hey some of our fans are wearing their lucky shirts, we're gonna have to win tonight."

They may not, but they may be saying, "Hey, some fans are wearing their lucky shirts, lucky black workout shorts, drinking out of their lucky World Series glasses, and sitting on the left side of the couch tonight with the light turned on medium, so let's comeback and win this thing." :thumbsup:

Chips
08-22-2006, 08:23 PM
They may not, but they may be saying, "Hey, some fans are wearing their lucky shirts, lucky black workout shorts, drinking out of their lucky World Series glasses, and sitting on the left side of the couch tonight with the light turned on medium, so let's comeback and win this thing." :thumbsup:

That works for me. But I'd rather them say, "Hey let's win this ****ing game so we can go to the playoffs and win another championship"

No matter what the hell their saying, just win damnit.

Timmy D's
08-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Chtrow that bad boy back in the hamper!!!:(:

rwcescato
08-22-2006, 09:25 PM
I am going to bury that shirt back in a box for the garage. They stink right now. Good thing the Twins lost tonight. I feel like last year at this time but we had an 8 game lead.

BadBobbyJenks
08-22-2006, 10:30 PM
You know I havent lost at the cell wearing my champions tshirt and I lent it to my buddy who was going to new york to see us in the bronx and its been ugly for us ever since...Now it all makes sense it is all my fault

esbrechtel
08-23-2006, 12:20 AM
im in the process of trying to find a new lucky shirt....im waiting for my palehose VI one to come in...

chisox
08-23-2006, 09:34 AM
"Hey, some fans are wearing their lucky shirts, lucky black workout shorts, drinking out of their lucky World Series glasses, and sitting on the left side of the couch tonight with the light turned on medium, so let's comeback and win this thing."

also, you may not speak on the telephone to your friends brian or josh at any point during a game.

to review, if we all adhere to the following rules for the remainder of the season/playoffs the sox are a lock.

1. wear lucky shirt(s)/workout shorts
2. drink out of lucky World Series glass
3. sit on the left side of the couch with the light turned on medium
4. no talking to brian or josh on the phone at any point during a game

feel free to add your own rule---however, it cannot condradict a previously existing rule.

bludupree
08-23-2006, 09:40 AM
[quote=Chips]I'm sure the White Sox are saying to themselves, "Hey some of our fans are wearing their lucky shirts, we're gonna have to win tonight."

[quote]

I doubt that was anyone's thinking process. Nothing wrong with being superstitious. It can't hurt. You do realize that our players are extremely superstitious, right? You notice that everyone cut their hair and shaved their facial hair on the same day about a month ago?

DaveIsHere
08-23-2006, 09:45 AM
I have tried all my shirts as of late, even changing them during the game...no luck.:(:

Though my dad just bought me a new one this weekend so I will have to give that a try tonight.

FielderJones
08-23-2006, 11:12 AM
You do realize that our players are extremely superstitious, right? You notice that everyone cut their hair and shaved their facial hair on the same day about a month ago?

How superstitious can Buehrle be to choose the black jersey after Contreras gets bombed in it?

russ99
08-23-2006, 12:54 PM
I'm going with my Garland All-star T-shirt from last year. It ironically has all-Tiger colors and lettering on it, but nothing from my massive Sox closet seems to work as well.

Yes, I know Jon's pitching tomorrow and Freddy tonight. Who cares!