PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Green traded to Mets

thomas35forever
08-22-2006, 05:49 PM
That according to ESPNEWS.

Chisox003
08-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Can he pitch?

Not a terrible pickup, as I think they had Endy Chavez platooning out in RF after trading Nady to the Bucs.

The Dodgers are still the team to beat in the NL, IMHO. (Not saying much, obviously)...

Edit: Tonight they have Michael Tucker in LF, Endy Chavez in RF, and Chris Woodward at 2B. Yikes. I guess this is a better pickup for them than I thought.

soxinem1
08-22-2006, 06:05 PM
While they need P help, this is not a bad deal. Some of the line ups they've had in the past few weeks reminded me a lot of the 1988 White Sox.

Somebody made it worth his while, as I believe he has a no-trade clause.

I'm sure going to a serious contender helps too.....

buehrle4cy05
08-22-2006, 06:11 PM
They got Green because there isn't any pitching help availible. The next best thing was to upgrade the offense, I guess.

y2j2785
08-22-2006, 06:12 PM
This trade solidifies their lineup now with Floyd still out but they need more pitching. They did get Guillermo Mota from the Indians. Maybe now they can send another P or most likely Lastings Milledge or Michael Tucker down and try to see what Oliver Perez can do for them,

In Other News Rotoworld.com is now reporting that Gil Meche has been scratched from his start against the Yankees tonight. They believe hes about to be traded somewhere, most likely Boston or Texas. They doubt he even made it to the National League on waivers.

A. Cavatica
08-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Shawn Green is still in the league? (only half teal)

caulfield12
08-22-2006, 07:09 PM
This trade solidifies their lineup now with Floyd still out but they need more pitching. They did get Guillermo Mota from the Indians. Maybe now they can send another P or most likely Lastings Milledge or Michael Tucker down and try to see what Oliver Perez can do for them,

In Other News Rotoworld.com is now reporting that Gil Meche has been scratched from his start against the Yankees tonight. They believe hes about to be traded somewhere, most likely Boston or Texas. They doubt he even made it to the National League on waivers.

Apparently Kip Wells is having health issues again.

Another thought....more playing time for ex-Sox farmhand Chris Young.

spiffie
08-22-2006, 07:18 PM
The answer for everyone is Vazquez for Milledge and Pedro Feliciano.

edit: jeez...i figured this was enough of a pipedream that even deeppink wouldn't suffice....here.

Unregistered
08-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Apparently Minaya wouldn't trade Milledge for Zito straight up. You think he's gonna trade for a basketcase like Vazquez?

I'm sure most of the league is thinking if the Sox and Don Cooper can't fix Vazquez, he's a lost cause at this point.

spiffie
08-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Apparently Minaya wouldn't trade Milledge for Zito straight up. You think he's gonna trade for a basketcase like Vazquez?

I'm sure most of the league is thinking if the Sox and Don Cooper can't fix Vazquez, he's a lost cause at this point.
I debated whether to deeppink it or not. Decided to go with basic black because we need something positive to happen.

Brian26
08-22-2006, 08:05 PM

There's no way in hell Vazquez would ever clear waivers, so this is a moot point.

Soxfanspcu11
08-22-2006, 08:05 PM
Someone please answer how this trade got done. Nobody claimed Green off waivers?? Arizona is still in it, why would they trade?? I'm gunna have to say :?: to this one. Help?

Unregistered
08-22-2006, 08:11 PM
There's no way in hell Vazquez would ever clear waivers, so this is a moot point.Milledge as well, for that matter...

Brian26
08-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Milledge as well, for that matter...

Hell, that's even a better point. Milledge is making far less money than Javy. I can't see a team NOT claiming him if he went on the waiver-wire. Who gets the first claim, Pittsburgh? That's a no-brainer.

y2j2785
08-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Someone please answer how this trade got done. Nobody claimed Green off waivers?? Arizona is still in it, why would they trade?? I'm gunna have to say :?: to this one. Help?

Nobody probably put in a claim cus he makes about $8 million a year and he isnt as good as he used to be. They got rid of him because he plays 1B and RF. They have Conor Jackson at 1st Base already and they want to play Carlos Quentin in RF everyday. Plus they wanted to get rid of his big salary too.

Soxfanspcu11
08-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Nobody probably put in a claim cus he makes about $8 million a year and he isnt as good as he used to be. They got rid of him because he plays 1B and RF. They have Conor Jackson at 1st Base already and they want to play Carlos Quentin in RF everyday. Plus they wanted to get rid of his big salary too.

Those are some good answers to my questions! Thanks! :gulp: to you!