PDA

View Full Version : Expanded Roster?

PennStater98r
08-22-2006, 06:17 PM
I wanted to start a thread posing the question - what do we do September 1? What impact does it have to the Tigers and the Twins - and what do their moves do to the White Sox.

Discuss.

JB98
08-22-2006, 06:20 PM
I wanted to start a thread posing the question - what do we do September 1? What impact does it have to the Tigers and the Twins - and what do their moves do to the White Sox.

Discuss.

We call up Logan to give us another left-hander in the bullpen, and a right-handed guy who can eat some innings like Tracey. We call up Stewart because it's good to have a third catcher, and Owens because he can run and play the outfield.

After that, it depends on whether the organization wants to reward Fields and Sweeney for having a good year. I don't think there will be much playing time for them, but they might get a recall.

BNLSox
08-22-2006, 06:34 PM
I would definately like to see Sweeney, Owens, and Fields. I think they could help spell Pods and get some enthusiasm in LF. Maybe Pods needs another DL stint.

Daver
08-22-2006, 06:39 PM
I would definately like to see Sweeney, Owens, and Fields. I think they could help spell Pods and get some enthusiasm in LF. Maybe Pods needs another DL stint.

You won't see any of the players from Charlotte till they are eliminated from the playoffs.

MadetoOrta
08-22-2006, 10:16 PM
You won't see any of the players from Charlotte till they are eliminated from the playoffs.

Interesting dilemma for the the Sox. Is that typically what happens? If I were a season ticket holder in Charlotte, I'd be upset if the best players weren't playing in the playoffs.

StatHead21
08-23-2006, 02:05 AM
Interesting dilemma for the the Sox. Is that typically what happens? If I were a season ticket holder in Charlotte, I'd be upset if the best players weren't playing in the playoffs.

I'm sure Kenny Williams doesn't give a damn about Charlotte season ticket holders, nor should he.

BainesHOF
08-23-2006, 02:34 AM
Who cares about Charlotte's playoffs?

stl_sox_fan
08-23-2006, 08:23 AM

I gotta agree here. It's a race, you don't bring up "green" players when the heat is on. Although Ozzie has been know to manage crazy. My prediction...if LaRussa brings up players from Memphis to help them down the stretch....we see Charlotte players in Sox unis in September.