PDA

View Full Version : Cha Ching $$$ for CLee

champagne030
08-22-2006, 02:37 PM
He hired this man....:borass: ....And will be asking for mega bucks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2557508

buehrle4cy05
08-22-2006, 02:40 PM
What team can afford to give Lee a big contract? The Red Sox, Yankees, and Mets sure don't need him. The Angels are probably not going to part with Garrett Anderson and the Dodgers have Andre Ethier out there. The Cubs have the money, but probably won't spend it. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

CHISOXFAN13
08-22-2006, 02:42 PM
What team can afford to give Lee a big contract? The Red Sox, Yankees, and Mets sure don't need him. The Angels are probably not going to part with Garrett Anderson and the Dodgers have Andre Ethier out there. The Cubs have the money, but probably won't spend it. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

The Cubs will have a lot of money to throw away.

Chicken Dinner
08-22-2006, 02:46 PM

They can't even afford a parking lot.:D:

voodoochile
08-22-2006, 03:10 PM
And then there was a scream heard from one end of Chicago to the other cut off suddenly by the sound of Hangar's head exploding...

caulfield12
08-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Isn't Lee at least three years away from being a free agent, if not four?

Maybe he saw what Peralta managed to get away with and wanted something similar for himself.

soltrain21
08-22-2006, 03:36 PM

Maybe he saw what Peralta managed to get away with and wanted something similar for himself.

Nope, this is his FA year....which is why the Brewers traded him in the first place.

Ol' No. 2
08-22-2006, 04:31 PM
What team can afford to give Lee a big contract? The Red Sox, Yankees, and Mets sure don't need him. The Angels are probably not going to part with Garrett Anderson and the Dodgers have Andre Ethier out there. The Cubs have the money, but probably won't spend it. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.The Tigers seem to like dealing with Boras.

mjmcend
08-22-2006, 04:32 PM

I think you are referring to the Indians Pitcher. The article is about Carlos Lee, alleged left fielder, and former White Sox.

mjmcend
08-22-2006, 04:33 PM

I could see him staying in Texas.

Tekijawa
08-22-2006, 04:36 PM
I could see him staying in Texas.

And then him being traded in two years with half his Salary being paid by the Rangers to another team for prospects... you know the drill...

StillMissOzzie
08-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Nope, this is his FA year....which is why the Brewers traded him in the first place.

Yeah, after turning down what IMHO was a reasonable offer from the Brewers, 4 yrs/$48M. I don't think he's worth Konerko money (5 yrs/$60M), due to his deficient defense, not to mention that Paulie seems to me to be a better clubhouse presence (not that I've ever been, but still...) so it will be interesting to see what he settles for as well as where he goes.

SMO
:gulp:

Edit: Had to correct PK's contract terms!

Tekijawa
08-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Who seriously has the money to spend anymore? Especially on OF's? This may be another case of Boras having one team bid against itself...

caulfield12
08-22-2006, 05:22 PM
See deal for Ordonez, Magglio (2005) or Rodriguez, Alex or Gonzalez, Juan-Gone

Hitmen77
08-25-2006, 12:47 AM
CLee has apparently changed his mind about hiring Borass.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2559736