PDA

View Full Version : Sun-Times: Cubs Short on Cash, Postpone Garage

tebman
08-22-2006, 09:21 AM
In the For-What-It's-Worth department:

The Sun-Times has a story (http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-wrig22.html) today that the Cubs are short of cash (:rolleyes: ) and are postponing their plans to build a parking garage and office building next to the ballpark on Clark Street.

The significance of this is that the deal they made with the city was that they would provide more parking to accommodate the couple thousand extra seats they added to the ballpark. Now that's in question.

Ahh, it's tough to be a media conglomerate these days...

Tekijawa
08-22-2006, 09:27 AM
I'm sure Daley will just let this one go and this will be the last we ever hear of it...

CaptainBallz
08-22-2006, 09:31 AM
The Cubs.

Short on cash.

Whatever.

MUsoxfan
08-22-2006, 09:41 AM
That's the most unbelievable thing I've ever read. :o:

itsnotrequired
08-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Whether or not the Cubs are short on cash is debateable but how do they keep getting away with all this stuff? In addition to the more parking for more seating plan they are going back on, what ever happened with the falling concrete issue? They were supposed to "permanently" repair the problems and all they did was put up fancier nets. Does the city just not care anymore?

Foulke You
08-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Well, I think it is pretty obvious. They were talking naming rights to pay for it. If they have the "Budweiser Bleachers" than we definitely need the "Old Style Beer Parking Deck".:D:

tebman
08-22-2006, 10:05 AM
Well, I think it is pretty obvious. They were talking naming rights to pay for it. If they have the "Budweiser Bleachers" than we definitely need the "Old Style Beer Parking Deck".:D:
:thumbsup:

You might have the makings of a new thread there: "Wrigley Field Naming Rights Ideas." Maybe the Sakrete Upper Deck, or the Izod Sportwear Section?

North Sox Sider
08-22-2006, 12:30 PM
How about Tampax field at Wrigley Stadium....oh wait maybe Jeff Gordon should have suggested that.

bayzbol44
08-22-2006, 12:51 PM
How about "Who Cares"? Again, why do White Sox fans care what the heck is going on over there?

North Sox Sider
08-22-2006, 01:53 PM
I have a question. Why do members on here continually post responses that say "I dont like this thread" or "Who cares?" If you dont like it, dont read it. There are lots and lots of different topics to read about. I think from the title of these topics you can tell what it is about. So why do people who dont want to read about the Cubs bother to read them and then put in a Who cares post? Just wondering

miker
08-22-2006, 01:59 PM
I have a question. Why do members on here continually post responses that say "I dont like this thread" or "Who cares?" If you dont like it, dont read it. There are lots and lots of different topics to read about. I think from the title of these topics you can tell what it is about. So why do people who dont want to read about the Cubs bother to read them and then put in a Who cares post? Just wondering
Squashing other posters makes some people feel important.

itsnotrequired
08-22-2006, 02:15 PM

You suck.

*itsnotrequired beams with pride*

:redneck

nedlug
08-22-2006, 02:22 PM
You suck.

*itsnotrequired beams with pride*

:redneck

HA!

1951Campbell
08-22-2006, 02:29 PM

Hell, it's the only reason some posters post here.

caulfield12
08-22-2006, 02:29 PM

Same problem today...people in "Talking Baseball" want to argue that I'm a Red Sox fan. Apparently they also monitor how many posts you make about a certain subject because they have nothing better to do with their lives...and, if you know something or are actually curious about baseball in general or other teams, that makes you a suspect White Sox fan.