PDA

View Full Version : We need some good funny Sox shirts!

HawkDJ
02-22-2002, 04:54 PM
We need some funny Sox shirts! I haven't seen any around. Since I live in Cub Country it would be great to make fun of them without having to put up with their dumb arguments. I would pay for one if anybody can make it and sell it on this site. Good ideas would be this:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/scrubs.jpg

And a shirt on the front that said, this is your brain: and showed a Sox logo. On the back it would say This is your brain on drugs and showed a Cubs logo.

You could put a WSI logo on it for all I care.

I doubt it, but anyone up for it?

FarWestChicago
02-22-2002, 05:03 PM
Personally, I think the WSI t-shirts are very nice. But, I'm totally biased.

Daver
02-22-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Personally, I think the WSI t-shirts are very nice. But, I'm totally biased.

I had to order one for my neighbor,he thought mine was awesome.:redneck

bjmarte
02-22-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by daver

I had to order one for my neighbor,he thought mine was awesome.:redneck

I did end up buying two, one for me one for my Dad. Everyone should buy one, they are awesome. We got the "Hell Yea I'm a Sox Fan" ones, that pretty much says it all.

guillen4life13
02-22-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
We need some funny Sox shirts! I haven't seen any around. Since I live in Cub Country it would be great to make fun of them without having to put up with their dumb arguments. I would pay for one if anybody can make it and sell it on this site. Good ideas would be this:

And a shirt on the front that said, this is your brain: and showed a Sox logo. On the back it would say This is your brain on drugs and showed a Cubs logo.

well, it's an idea, but i have some stoner sox fan friends, so at least for me, it backfires.

maybe out in buffalo grove it would work

try it out!

guillen4life13
02-22-2002, 07:29 PM
I have a flubs friend who has a "sox, you are the weakest link, goodbye" on the front, and on the back it has in big letters, "SOX SUCK!'

I told him i can't allow that, and we got into a debate about who's better as you might expect. the thing though is that this guy did know at least a lot of stuff about his team, and he does take pretty much everything i say into consideration, so he's pretty good about that.

when we analyze each position, he admits that crime dog's washed up, that durham's better than bobby hill or delino deshields, although he thinks that alex gonzalez is better than manos or clayton, which is complete bull****. with manos at 3b, he admits we have the upper hand. unbelievable with our situation, yet true. we have the better catching team. hundley has to rebound for them to have any edge over us there, because alomar, and either johnson or paul are better than machado, imo. we have the better cf, and i contend the better rf, but him being a cub fan, he can't go against sosa. i feel maggs is better because he's just more well rounded, and balanced, whereas all sosa can do is hit.

this friend admits the sox have better chances, but adds that they have the better pitching, which i can say might be possible, considering all of the people we have coming off injuries. our starting rotation as it stands is marginally better, if it even is. i think we're about even in that dept, but we'll see come Spring training.

:gulp: to 2002 and 03

ScottyTheSoxFan
02-22-2002, 07:36 PM
http://www.thecubsuck.com has a decent selection of funny anticub shirts and accessories. I have 3 cubs suck shirts (standard "CUBS SUCK", cubsuck.com logo shirt, and "Would the lady who left her nine kids at wrigley please pick them up. They are beating the cubs, badly." also from the site)

Streets
02-22-2002, 08:00 PM
I think it was last spring or the year before that my friend saw this billboard in the Wrigleyville area, it was black and written in white it said "Real Baseball 8 miles south" That's something I'd wear on a shirt to wrigley.

WinningUgly!
02-22-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Streets
I think it was last spring or the year before that my friend saw this billboard in the Wrigleyville area, it was black and written in white it said "Real Baseball 8 miles south" That's something I'd wear on a shirt to wrigley.

This would make a nice T-shirt :D:

Jerry_Manuel
02-22-2002, 08:51 PM

That was a ESPN radio 1000 ad, if I'm not mistaken.

Spiff
02-22-2002, 08:57 PM

*cough* royalties *cough* :D:

WinningUgly!
02-22-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

That was a ESPN radio 1000 ad, if I'm not mistaken.

I think you're right, Jer. I'm pretty sure it was done the year we signed Al Belle. We went on to suck that season & the ad came down. Funny stuff, though. (the billboard, not the Sox sucking that year!)

CubKilla
02-22-2002, 09:03 PM
I like the "Itchy and Scratchy" that Scotty the Sox fan is using as his sig. Put a TV around that, like you are watching it on TV. On the back, put the TV in the forground with everyones favorite morons "Beavis and Butthead," dressed in Sox uniforms, exclaiming:

BUTTHEAD: Whoa! Huh-huh huh-huh. THAT was cool.

BEAVIS: Yeah! Heh-heh. Cubs SUCK!

Jerry_Manuel
02-22-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I think you're right, Jer. I'm pretty sure it was done the year we signed Al Belle. We went on to suck that season & the ad came down. Funny stuff, though. (the billboard, not the Sox sucking that year!)

In 1996? I thought it was more recent then that.

FarWestChicago
02-22-2002, 09:20 PM
LMAO!!!! Nice sig pic, Jer. :D:

WinningUgly!
02-22-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

In 1996? I thought it was more recent then that.

'97, according to this...
http://www.s-t.com/daily/02-97/02-16-97/c06sp162.htm
(read down a bit)

Jerry_Manuel
02-22-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
LMAO!!!! Nice sig pic, Jer. :D:

Thanks West, but none of this would be possible if it wasn't for the man in the photo.

Jerry_Manuel
02-22-2002, 09:25 PM
'97, according to this...
http://www.s-t.com/daily/02-97/02-16-97/c06sp162.htm
(read down a bit)

The jealousies between Chicago's two major-league teams have gone public. A billboard erected near Wrigley Field reads: "Major League Baseball, 8.1 Miles South." It was paid for by radio station WMVP, flagship station for the White Sox, whose Comiskey Park happens to be 8.1 miles south of Wrigley Field. White Sox officials claim the team was not involved in the billboard, and the Cubs say they do not plan to retaliate. "We're flattered they are so concerned with the Cubs to make us a centerpiece of their ad campaign," Cubs marketing director John McDonough said. "To take a shot at us, after all the changes they have made there, is a compliment." ...

Tool.

duke of dorwood
02-22-2002, 09:39 PM
How about a shirt that shows Shammy and and behind him you see Kenny Lofton running away with his bag with $20,000 in it with a comment about our speed and aggressiveness?

DrCrawdad
02-22-2002, 10:29 PM
Some great tee-shirt ideas.

Here's mine...

A picture or illustration of Lee Elia in his Cubbie uniform on or above Wrigley a quote from his infamous spew coming out from Elia's mouth,

"(Wrigley Field) it's a playground for the mother !@#$er's"

DrCrawdad
02-22-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Some great tee-shirt ideas.

Here's mine...

A picture or illustration of Lee Elia in his Cubbie uniform on or above Wrigley a quote from his infamous spew coming out from Elia's mouth,

"(Wrigley Field) it's a playground for the mother !@#$er's"

"(Wrigley Field) it's a playground for the !@#$ suckers"

bc2k
02-22-2002, 11:19 PM

bc2k []
WSI Regular

Posts Per Day: 2.7

Online!
Re: Ahhh Cubs Fans

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Was checkin out the whitesox.com message boards and saw this wonderful peice of cub wisdom A good laugh for a Thursday Night(at least it still is in Cali)

"HI TO EVERYONE. WOW THE WHITESOX THERES A COOL TEAM, HAHAHHHAHAH NO!!!!1 tHE CUBS ARE THE BEST AND WILL ALWAYS BE!!!! THE WHITESUX ARE BAD AND FRANK TOMAS IS A BUM WHO CAN T HIT A BIG BEACHBAL!!!!! AHAHAHAHAAA AND JOSE VALENTINE MAKES SO MANY ERRORS!!!!! THE ONLY GOOD PLAYER IS, OH WAIT U DONT HAVE ANY!!!!!! SAMMY AND THE CUBS WILL WIN IT ALL U WAIT AND SEE AND THE WHITESUX FANS WILL BE CRYING!!!!! I CANT WAIT TO GO TO THE BASEBALL SHRINE WRIGLEY FIELD TO SEE THE BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL. WELL SEE YOU LATER LOOSERS!!! AHAHAHAHHAHAA"

You gotta love it. Here's the whole thread: Dumb Fans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey ChisoxCALI, that scrubs pic of yours is nice. Any chance you can make t-shirts out of that logo? Sell it on WSI. I would love to have that t-shirt for the sox/scrubs series.

Don't copy other people's original posts. The hell do you think you're doing. I posted this yesterday

Daver
02-22-2002, 11:40 PM
Perhaps he never saw your post? Beleive it or not it does happen here.

WinningUgly!
02-22-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by bc2k

bc2k []
WSI Regular

Posts Per Day: 2.7

Online!
Re: Ahhh Cubs Fans

quote:
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Was checkin out the whitesox.com message boards and saw this wonderful peice of cub wisdom A good laugh for a Thursday Night(at least it still is in Cali)

"HI TO EVERYONE. WOW THE WHITESOX THERES A COOL TEAM, HAHAHHHAHAH NO!!!!1 tHE CUBS ARE THE BEST AND WILL ALWAYS BE!!!! THE WHITESUX ARE BAD AND FRANK TOMAS IS A BUM WHO CAN T HIT A BIG BEACHBAL!!!!! AHAHAHAHAAA AND JOSE VALENTINE MAKES SO MANY ERRORS!!!!! THE ONLY GOOD PLAYER IS, OH WAIT U DONT HAVE ANY!!!!!! SAMMY AND THE CUBS WILL WIN IT ALL U WAIT AND SEE AND THE WHITESUX FANS WILL BE CRYING!!!!! I CANT WAIT TO GO TO THE BASEBALL SHRINE WRIGLEY FIELD TO SEE THE BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL. WELL SEE YOU LATER LOOSERS!!! AHAHAHAHHAHAA"

You gotta love it. Here's the whole thread: Dumb Fans

Hey ChisoxCALI, that scrubs pic of yours is nice. Any chance you can make t-shirts out of that logo? Sell it on WSI. I would love to have that t-shirt for the sox/scrubs series.

Don't copy other people's original posts. The hell do you think you're doing. I posted this yesterday
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/stupid.gif

Cubbiesuck13
02-23-2002, 12:19 AM
I went to a sox-cubs game a few years back at Sox park, they handed out t-shirts with two boble heads on them, one sox one cubs. Nothing was wrong with the cubs guy, i thought in a perfect world there would be a line through it or something. Seeing as there was none i took matters in my own hands. I instantly grabed a marker my little bro had for autographs and drew a big circle with a line marking the cubs out, then i drew a big X over the cubs bobble head, that was my funny shirt for the game, got a couple comments from drunk cubs fans, its ok they dint know who was winning anyway.

I also have a shirt that has a cubs player looking up at a sox player saying "I wanna be like him when i grow up'

Nellie_Fox
02-23-2002, 12:50 AM
Don't they still sell the one that says "My favorite teams are the White Sox and whoever the Cubs are playing"?

Streets
02-23-2002, 01:52 AM
Anyone remember the old school shirts they used to sell with the young Sox fan peeing on a Cubs hat. This concept is often found with the car wars, peeing on the dodge symbol or ford symbol.

HawkDJ
02-23-2002, 10:09 AM
Don't copy other people's original posts. The hell do you think you're doing. I posted this yesterday [/B]

Wow, calm down. I realized nobody was replying to you so I started a thread so more people could read it. Do you want credit for this post or something? I didn't know we posted for fame on who posted what.

WinningUgly!
02-23-2002, 10:49 AM
Anyone remember the old school shirts they used to sell with the young Sox fan peeing on a Cubs hat. This concept is often found with the car wars, peeing on the dodge symbol or ford symbol.

You mean like this...? Frank thinks it's funny. :D:

Streets
02-23-2002, 01:09 PM

Yeah but back in the day, the kid peeing was not a punk. It was more like "innocent boy with Sox cap on and jersey" peeing on a Cubs cap.

Spiff
02-23-2002, 03:23 PM

Ugh I hate that how they put it on cars and stuff. Bill Watterson purposely didn't license a bunch of crap C&H merchandise and then people use him peeing on stuff.:angry:

bjmarte
02-24-2002, 08:28 PM
I saw someone selling one outside of Comiskey last year that said something like "Cubs magic number: 911"