View Full Version : Unofficial grinder rules

A. Cavatica
08-20-2006, 03:59 PM
77. No more Alomars, ever.

chisoxmike
08-20-2006, 04:03 PM
For our pitchers...

6. When we score, give it right back.
14. In the rare event of an error in the field, get mad, and give up lots of base hits.

A. Cavatica
08-20-2006, 04:10 PM
114. Play down to the level of the competition.

A. Cavatica
08-20-2006, 04:13 PM
3. Runs off the likes of Boof Bonser aren't worth scoring.

StockdaleForVeep
08-20-2006, 04:18 PM
77. No more Alomars, ever.

Whats wrong with sandy?

A. Cavatica
08-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Whats wrong with sandy?

Hitting .214 since we acquired him and just as washed up as his brother was.

BainesHOF
08-20-2006, 04:32 PM
I hate to say it, but Widger would be better.

BRDSR
08-20-2006, 05:46 PM
I hate to say it, but Widger would be better.

Blah. Did you see some of the pitches Sandy(Vazquez) was getting today? Sandy frames the ball like a pro and is just generally more savvy behind the plate. Widger wasn't an offensive powerhouse and neither is Alomar, but Sandy's baseball wisdom and reputation make him way more valuable than Widger was(especially if Widger had an attitude/work ethic problem as was unsubstantially reported).

slobes
08-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Blah. Did you see some of the pitches Sandy(Vazquez) was getting today? Sandy frames the ball like a pro and is just generally more savvy behind the plate. Widger wasn't an offensive powerhouse and neither is Alomar, but Sandy's baseball wisdom and reputation make him way more valuable than Widger was(especially if Widger had an attitude/work ethic problem as was unsubstantially reported).

Completely agreed. While Widger was a terrible hitter, we were all pretty disgusted that his catcher's ERA was like a full run higher than AJ's was. No teams have a spectacularly hitting backup catcher.

jacobwalls
08-20-2006, 05:54 PM
I like sandy but the only time he deserves to play is when mark is pitching or we are in a blowout.

MarkZ35
08-20-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm not sticking up for Sandy but he is definately better then the Widger of 2006. Everytime Widger was up this year I was just hoping he would put the ball in play. But I also don't understand Alomar starting today. I can see if they wanted to give A.J. a day off but he just sat out on Thursday and will be sitting out again on Tuesday.

TheDarkGundam
08-20-2006, 05:55 PM
What is with these ****ing downer threads?
Calm down Cavatica, we still lead the WC and didn't lose any ground in the division.

jenn2080
08-20-2006, 05:59 PM
Are people really requesting Widger now? You have to be ****ing kidding me. A month ago everyone wanted his head on a platter. What a ****ing joke.

gobears1987
08-20-2006, 06:13 PM
I hate to say it, but Widger would be better.Bull****. Sandy has more RBIs in his limited time than Widger had in his last 2 months. You also can't discount his value in terms of helping pitchers like Buehrle.

gobears1987
08-20-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm not sticking up for Sandy but he is definately better then the Widger of 2006. Everytime Widger was up this year I was just hoping he would put the ball in play. But I also don't understand Alomar starting today. I can see if they wanted to give A.J. a day off but he just sat out on Thursday and will be sitting out again on Tuesday.I think anyone who looked at the numbers understood Ozzie's move. Isn't AJ 1 for 11 lifetime vs. Santana? That's reason enough for me.

chisoxmike
08-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Are people really requesting Widger now? You have to be ****ing kidding me. A month ago everyone wanted his head on a platter. What a ****ing joke.

Agreed, soon people are going to want Pollitte back.

TornLabrum
08-20-2006, 06:28 PM

Welcome to the wonderful wacky world of WSI.

jenn2080
08-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the wonderful wacky world of WSI.

no ****. this one though is off the ****ing wall. there was practically a witch hunt for widge and now we are having al love fest. BLARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QCIASOXFAN
08-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Agreed, soon people are going to want Pollitte back.:o: Your probably right though.

MarySwiss
08-20-2006, 07:07 PM

Agreed. But a larger problem--at least to me, a former softball catcher--seemed to be that Javy shook off a lot of Sandy's pitches. Considering how pitiful Javy has been of late, Ozzie or Coop or someone should have gone out to the mound, slapped him in the head, and told him to stop shaking off his catcher.

samram
08-20-2006, 07:14 PM
Agreed. But a larger problem--at least to me, a former softball catcher--seemed to be that Javy shook off a lot of Sandy's pitches. Considering how pitiful Javy has been of late, Ozzie or Coop or someone should have gone out to the mound, slapped him in the head, and told him to stop shaking off his catcher.

Meh. I think his location sucked. Every pitch in the third inning was up. He just craps himself everytime something goes wrong out there. Or when he's given a lead.

whitesoxwilkes
08-20-2006, 07:44 PM
no ****. this one though is off the ****ing wall. there was practically a witch hunt for widge and now we are having al love fest. BLARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hawk

I luuv it when you Blarkalyze.

I want Mags back
08-20-2006, 08:10 PM
grinder rule 40,000+ - replace the blue seats, and then put asses in them so we cant see them anyway

Kub_Killer_15
08-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Rule -12 If your going to talk negitive you better be talking about your golf score like Farmer

thomas35forever
08-20-2006, 08:49 PM
Rule No. 25

Close threads like this one before they get ugly.