PDA

View Full Version : Where you like this on Oct26 2005 953pm CST?

MySoxAreClean
08-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Found this , Im sure i was like that........http://youtube.com/watch?v=4J5IvCO083U:supernana:

ZachAL
08-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Nice video, but I'm petty sure it was later than 9:53pm wasnt it? I was on the east coast and I know they won it on my bday (east coast time) on the 27th, so I was pretty sure it was after 11pm central time.

DoItForDanPasqua
08-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Were where they?

Erik The Red
08-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Nice video, but I'm petty sure it was later than 9:53pm wasnt it? Yes it was... it was at around 11:05pm. I know because I was working a couple miles from my apartment and skipped out a few minutes early, then hit the gas and got home right at 11pm just in time to see the final half inning.

chisoxmike
08-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Eh, they didn't seem to go that crazy. Puffers was wilder. I'm sure there were bigger reactions than that. And, yes, it was much later than 9:53 or whatever time that video said. It was after 10:30 becuase the news cut into the late night talk shows.

MySoxAreClean
08-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Eh, they didn't seem to go that crazy. Puffers was wilder. I'm sure there were bigger reactions than that. And, yes, it was much later than 9:53 or whatever time that video said. Is was after 10:30 becuase the news cut into the late night talk shows.

they have you on youtube doing a speech CHI MIKE http://youtube.com/watch?v=DL-L0109hWY

chisoxmike
08-20-2006, 04:02 PM
they have you on youtube doing a speech CHI MIKE

I know, itsnotrequired filmed that April 1st of this year at Puffers for our pre-season toast.

MySoxAreClean
08-20-2006, 04:05 PM
how much of that speech came true?

QCIASOXFAN
08-20-2006, 04:06 PM
Eh, they didn't seem to go that crazy. Thats what I thought.

chisoxmike
08-20-2006, 04:07 PM
how much of that speech came true?

Most of it.

sox1970
08-20-2006, 04:08 PM
9:53? It was 11:01pm.

MadetoOrta
08-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Thank you. That made my day!

MySoxAreClean
08-20-2006, 04:21 PM
9:53? It was 11:01pm.

you are right , found it on mlb archives : It was a bang-bang play as Paul Konerko (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Konerko) caught the ball from Uribe at 11:01 p.m. CDT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDT) to begin the biggest celebration in Chicago

StockdaleForVeep
08-20-2006, 04:22 PM
dammit and i thought i was the only person with a spinal tap shirt....i need a new wardrobe now!!!!!

LongLiveFisk
08-20-2006, 04:59 PM
I was at Durbin's in Burbank for the final out and it was wall-to-wall silver and black and a huge celebration to follow. Also running out into the streets holding up Sox banners to honking horns. Thanks for reminding me of the events of that glorious night.

A night I'll remember forever. :D:

batmanZoSo
08-20-2006, 05:34 PM
I saw that youtube before, it's actually pretty tame compared to where I was at. BW3 was pretty cool, tons of Sox fans and champagne spraying. Me and Burgh set the bar ablaze with our lovin'.

BeviBall!
08-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Where are the champagne dousings, crying, chest bumps, screaming, more chest bumps and cell phone conversations?

slobes
08-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Where are the champagne dousings, crying, chest bumps, screaming, more chest bumps and cell phone conversations?

Yeah really, this is kind of low-key compared to what happened around me.

chisoxfanatic
08-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Eh, they didn't seem to go that crazy. Puffers was wilder.

Agreed! That was MUCH tamer compared to what all of us experienced at Puffers (a wild frenzy)! That was one fun night that I won't forget.

chisoxmike
08-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I can't tell you how many beer showers I got that night. Puffers was destroyed...but for a good cause...
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/data/12/theaftermathofachampionshippuffers21_2.jpg

chisoxfanatic
08-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I can't tell you how many beer showers I got that night.

I have beer stains on my Konerko jersey from that night! Puffers STILL had a little bit of silly string and a ton of beer stains on its ceilings as of the last time I was there (which WILL be the last time for me to be there unless an apology is given to an undeserving recipiant).

CaptainBallz
08-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Found this , Im sure i was like that........http://youtube.com/watch?v=4J5IvCO083U:supernana:

Zany!!

Not to take anything away from their celebration, but I was more in the bear-hugging complete strangers, sore handed, completely covered in champagne, shot drinking camp.

And I'll be in the same camp this October.

LuzinskiFan
08-20-2006, 06:38 PM
12:04 am EST, 11:04 pm CST

MySoxAreClean
08-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Zany!!

Not to take anything away from their celebration, but I was more in the bear-hugging complete strangers, sore handed, completely covered in champagne, shot drinking camp.

And I'll be in the same camp this October.

hugging lovely ladies? I was .......... All the hot one in the bar

MDF3530
08-20-2006, 07:49 PM
I cried I was so happy. LongLiveFisk, I was just up 79th from ya, watching the game in my apartment. I had cold beer on hand (in the fridge) and a great vantage point (my love seat, the more comfy seat strategically placed directly in front of the TV). After I cried, I opened up my door and all my windows and blared "We Are The Champions" by Queen.

BA: The Hitman
08-20-2006, 07:54 PM
that might be the weakest world series celebration i have ever seen...it looked like they were in a retirement home...........i must have hugged everyone in the bar that night and definitely ran up a nice tab on my credit card with plenty of champagne and shots

digdagdug23
08-20-2006, 08:12 PM
I was watching the video and thinking, "okay, so when do they show the celebration?"

Sitting at home, wanting to spend the night with my family, my kids are too young for a bar, but have gone to many games (my daughter, anyhow) and wanted to remember the night with my family. I remember pacing the room all night, sure that the 1 run would not be enough. Bobby comes on for the hold, and I watch, and I watch, the whole time thinking it couldn't be real. How could this be happening? My kids are going to see something that my Dad never did, and I, almost 40 years old now, have waited my whole life to see.
I began jumping up and down uncontrollably after Uribe's catch of the foul ball, cheering and half crying. Last out, it was going in slow motion. I remember thinking "Oh my God, Bobby, get your fat a** down, you are going to mess up the play." Juan makes the scoop, Paulie makes the catch, and I just started sobbing. Hugging my daughter, who was also crying, my husband, and sitting there in stunned disbelief, still sobbing. Then as things calmed down, having a few drinks, laughing at Carl calling for his "baby girl", and just taking a mental picture to remember where I was, who I was with, and what had actually just happened.

Then of course the 101 phone calls. Especially the ones to my brother-in-laws, who just happen to be die hard Cubs fans. God that was fun. I have a very good friend of mine that has a beautiful bar here, and had a fabulous crowd and celebration for the entire series, but I could not imagine spending it with anyone else other than my family.

MDF3530
08-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Then of course the 101 phone calls. Especially the ones to my brother-in-laws, who just happen to be die hard Cubs fans. God that was fun.Oh man, I had so much fun the next couple of days, busting all my Cubs fan friends' chops.

One thing I've wondered since then is how many people were out at the cemeteries the next day, visiting their deceased friends and relatives who were Sox fans? I saw several out at Resurrection (and no, I didn't see Resurrection Mary :tongue: ).

MySoxAreClean
08-20-2006, 08:33 PM
I was watching the video and thinking, "okay, so when do they show the celebration?"

Sitting at home, wanting to spend the night with my family, my kids are too young for a bar, but have gone to many games (my daughter, anyhow) and wanted to remember the night with my family. I remember pacing the room all night, sure that the 1 run would not be enough. Bobby comes on for the hold, and I watch, and I watch, the whole time thinking it couldn't be real. How could this be happening? My kids are going to see something that my Dad never did, and I, almost 40 years old now, have waited my whole life to see.
I began jumping up and down uncontrollably after Uribe's catch of the foul ball, cheering and half crying. Last out, it was going in slow motion. I remember thinking "Oh my God, Bobby, get your fat a** down, you are going to mess up the play." Juan makes the scoop, Paulie makes the catch, and I just started sobbing. Hugging my daughter, who was also crying, my husband, and sitting there in stunned disbelief, still sobbing. Then as things calmed down, having a few drinks, laughing at Carl calling for his "baby girl", and just taking a mental picture to remember where I was, who I was with, and what had actually just happened.

Then of course the 101 phone calls. Especially the ones to my brother-in-laws, who just happen to be die hard Cubs fans. God that was fun. I have a very good friend of mine that has a beautiful bar here, and had a fabulous crowd and celebration for the entire series, but I could not imagine spending it with anyone else other than my family.

Nice story , My wife sad she was gonna pull my man card when they won.Because I had something in my eyes

LongLiveFisk
08-20-2006, 08:38 PM
I cried I was so happy. LongLiveFisk, I was just up 79th from ya, watching the game in my apartment. I had cold beer on hand (in the fridge) and a great vantage point (my love seat, the more comfy seat strategically placed directly in front of the TV). After I cried, I opened up my door and all my windows and blared "We Are The Champions" by Queen.

Too bad you weren't at Durbin's. That place was really rocking and it was just something I wanted to experience with a ****load of Sox fans, as opposed to sitting at home (like I usually do).

Being able to do it again would mean even more. :D:

thomas35forever
08-20-2006, 08:54 PM
The final out was recorded at 11:00 PM CDT.

ChiSoxGirl
08-20-2006, 08:56 PM
The only similarity to my 10.26.05 experience I saw in that video was the guy with the Sox hat backwards swaying back & forth. I was amidst well over 100 people at Puffer's- my hands over my mouth in disbelief and tears streaming down my face for the whole bottom of the 9th inning, all while unable to stand still. After the final out was made, I hugged a friend of chisoxmike's, who I'd been standing with; she & I were then knocked to the ground! IronFisk helped us up and we were showered with silly string, beer, champagne, water, you name it. Undoubtedly the greatest night of my White Sox life filled with moments & memories I'll never forget. :smile:

SoxShirt
08-20-2006, 09:22 PM
That celebrating was nothing compared to my house. We ran outside and everyone was pouring beer on each other and pretty much everyone on our street was outside screaming. some people were even shooting off fireworks... (the cub fans didn't appreciate it very much though... :D:)
Edit: I also remember my brothers dancing around our backyard. One had a broom, and i'm pretty sure the other had a rake. after that, the beer showers began!

JimmyJoe
08-20-2006, 09:40 PM
I was McNally's with about 150 other true Sox fans. My friends and I got there two hours before the game and still could only stand in the middle of the bar.
The place truly went nuts at the end of the game. The party spilled onto Western Ave, where it lasted well into the night.
The only bad thing about that night was that I couln't get any cell service. The system must've been overloaded at the time.

Oh well!
Let's do it again in a few months!

PushnThaEscalade
08-20-2006, 09:47 PM
I wasnt like that 10/26/05. I was in my dorm room. I cried like a little baby for the next 15 minutes. Aside from this year's celebration (no deeppink), last year's will be one to never forget.

SOXintheBURGH
08-20-2006, 09:49 PM
I saw that youtube before, it's actually pretty tame compared to where I was at. BW3 was pretty cool, tons of Sox fans and champagne spraying. Me and Burgh set the bar ablaze with our lovin'.

'Twas an eve I shan't forget.

The manlove was uproarious.

Chips
08-20-2006, 09:52 PM
The only similarity to my 10.26.05 experience I saw in that video was the guy with the Sox hat backwards swaying back & forth. I was amidst well over 100 people at Puffer's- my hands over my mouth in disbelief and tears streaming down my face for the whole bottom of the 9th inning, all while unable to stand still. After the final out was made, I hugged a friend of chisoxmike's, who I'd been standing with; she & I were then knocked to the ground! IronFisk helped us up and we were showered with silly string, beer, champagne, water, you name it. Undoubtedly the greatest night of my White Sox life filled with moments & memories I'll never forget. :smile:

I was also at Puffers. Sober as a kite, believe it or not.

My 1934 Appling Jersey was caked in champagne and beer, etc. I took it to the cleaners just this past April and all they removed all the stains. :D: It took me a while to take it to the cleaners because we were moving and I just threw it in a box with all my other clothes. No need to think I am a scumbag.

Puffer's was a hell of a good time to watch all the world series games at.

BadBobbyJenks
08-20-2006, 10:57 PM
cool video, but I know the living room I was in had a much crazier explosion when that final out happened.

warehouse823
08-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Watched it at the Catcher's Inn....place just went nuts ...beer and champagne were spraying...then me and my cousin ran to the park in the rain to celebrate in the parking lot..amazing

DaleJRFan
08-21-2006, 12:26 AM
That dude is wearing a Spinal Tap tee shirt. Awesome.

southwstchi4life
08-21-2006, 01:02 AM
I sure as hell wasnt. I was stuck in MAdison, Wisconsin (school) with a bunch of cheese heads. But I sure as hell raised hell on top of ticking off minnesota fans (they were bitter).

StillMissOzzie
08-21-2006, 01:11 AM
In the SMO household, I was louder and crazier from way earlier that same night, when the Sox won the 14 inning game 3. That's when I knew that the World Series championship was inevitable. Had the Astros won game 3 with two more at home, who knows what happens? But all's well that ends well.

Much later that same day, for game 4, I saw the last couple of innings at the bowling alley, after watching as much of the game between frames as I could. The bowling alley bar was loud and crazy, too, but it wasn't a 100% White Sox crowd like you Puffer's denizens enjoyed.

SMO
:gulp:

esbrechtel
08-21-2006, 01:11 AM
i was at the united center and i swear there were people doing carwheels on down the hallway/concourse something i never thought id see....

mattymsu
08-21-2006, 11:57 AM
I was at a BWs out here in Scottsdale, AZ, celebrating with thet 3 other Sox fans in AZ. Pretty great.

minutia
08-21-2006, 12:18 PM
I was at home with my mother, brother and his girlfriend. We were standing in the basement, because afterall it was the final out. When Konerko caught that ball and that ump made the out gesture my brother and I were screaming. We ran into each others arms screaming and jumping up and down. We then went outside and proceeded to spray beer all over each other. We broke a bottle near the edge of the driveway and I just cleaned the final remnants of the glass up a month ago. People were driving by waving brooms out of the car windows, I swear I heard an air raid siren. We then went to Panos at 95th and Kedzie and partied well into the night. It was the greatest night of my life. The next day when I went work I brought donuts for the whole office. These are all memories that mean a great deal to me because exactly one month later we burried my brother who died very suddenly. I will never forget the look on his face when they won it was priceless.

nebraskasox
08-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Oh man, I had so much fun the next couple of days, busting all my Cubs fan friends' chops.

One thing I've wondered since then is how many people were out at the cemeteries the next day, visiting their deceased friends and relatives who were Sox fans? I saw several out at Resurrection (and no, I didn't see Resurrection Mary :tongue: ).

This is interesting. An article at the time, I don't remember what or when, mentioned that about half of the burial plots at one Chicago area cemetery, had White Sox memorabilia.

That image will stay with me my whole life. It symbolizes the way Sox fans are born and raised from generation to generation and how emotional we are about the tradition. It shows our gratitude to the moms & dads, grandmas and grandpas, etc. who took us to the ballpark when we were kids but were not alive to see the glorious Sox championship. It reflects the way baseball used to be family and neighborhood oriented before national TV, FOX, ESPN and multi million dollar contracts.

itsnotrequired
08-21-2006, 12:57 PM
I was like that guy standing up (sans Spinal Tap t-shirt). I don't think I sat at all for those final two at-bats.

Man, my palms got sweaty again just watching that...

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-21-2006, 01:07 PM
I paced for a good three innings. For the top of the 9th, I sat on the edge of the coffee table, and literally rocked back and forth.

I got sweaty palms, and a little misty eyed watching that. All good!!

XplodingScorbord
08-21-2006, 01:08 PM
I was at home with my mother, brother and his girlfriend. We were standing in the basement, because afterall it was the final out. When Konerko caught that ball and that ump made the out gesture my brother and I were screaming. We ran into each others arms screaming and jumping up and down. We then went outside and proceeded to spray beer all over each other. We broke a bottle near the edge of the driveway and I just cleaned the final remnants of the glass up a month ago. People were driving by waving brooms out of the car windows, I swear I heard an air raid siren. We then went to Panos at 95th and Kedzie and partied well into the night. It was the greatest night of my life. The next day when I went work I brought donuts for the whole office. These are all memories that mean a great deal to me because exactly one month later we burried my brother who died very suddenly. I will never forget the look on his face when they won it was priceless.

Minutia--

Sorry about your bro. Great that you could share that experience with him, though, and treasure it now.

I was sick as a dog for both games 3 & 4, and was at home, alone, in my recliner. I had almost no voice, so I could hardly even whoop it up. A little bit of crying, and lots of disbelief that I had just witnessed what I had, and I went to bed a very satisfied man.

X

DumpJerry
08-21-2006, 01:25 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61100
Proof that this happened at 11:00. BTW, it's "were."

I was the United Center. We went nuts.

pdimas
08-21-2006, 01:48 PM
I had watched game 3 at the bar with some friends and even though I was invited to go to a few bars to watch the game I figured that since I had been there all year with my dad it was only fitting that I be at home with him to watch it when they won it all. So my sisters, mother, sister's husband, my dad and I were at their home by Midway to watch the game. When they won the firestation down the street sounded the air raid siren and up and down Archer Avenue my sister and I drove.

soxfan13
08-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Was 5th row a few feet behind 1st base in Houston. Seemed like forever looking at the ump waiting for the out call.:D:

MDF3530
08-21-2006, 05:16 PM
We then went to Panos at 95th and Kedzie and partied well into the night. Damn, you & your brother (sorry to hear about your loss, BTW) must've been pretty desperate if you went to Panos. The dive bar to end all dive bars.

sox1970
08-21-2006, 06:11 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61100
Proof that this happened at 11:00. BTW, it's "were."

I was the United Center. We went nuts.

Doesn't it prove it happened at 11:01?

miker
08-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Eh, they didn't seem to go that crazy. Puffers was wilder. I'm sure there were bigger reactions than that.
Puffers probably didn't have small children in their living room...

chisoxfanatic
08-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Puffers probably didn't have small children in their living room...

Puffers is a bar, and they card you as you enter (unless you come in the way Chips did...pretty crafty and necessary), so no children were in sight. It was bedlem there all night long.

minutia
08-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Damn, you & your brother (sorry to hear about your loss, BTW) must've been pretty desperate if you went to Panos. The dive bar to end all dive bars.

We live very close to Panos and know a lot of the guys in there. Many of them we grew up with but it is definately a dive but also a safe stumbling distance from home.