PDA

View Full Version : Royals Playing Better

infohawk
08-20-2006, 12:35 PM
It's certainly not "stop the presses" time, but the Royals seem to be playing much better since they canned their GM and replaced him with one of the guys from the Atlanta Braves front office. He has made a few low-level moves and the Royals have appeared more competitive. That's a pretty severe indictment of the former GM. Not only did they give us fits during the last series but they swept the Red Sox (albeit a team with its own problems) and took a couple off of the A's. Maybe the Royals have transitioned from "epic bad" to just plain old "bad?"

Scottiehaswheels
08-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Good thing about all that... we only have to play them 3 more times... Tigers have 6 more with them albeit at the end of September...

SOXSINCE'70
08-20-2006, 12:48 PM
The Royals may be one of those teams to keep an eye on in 2007.
They could surprise some people.One thing's for sure:The A.L. Central
is now one of the deepest divisions in baseball.

caulfield12
08-20-2006, 01:08 PM
If, big IF, they get some starting pitching.

Their rotation looks like this...

Redman
Elarton (if recovered from surgery)
Odalis Perez
Tyler Lumsden
Greinke
De La Rosa/Hudson/Wellemeyer/Hernandez, R.

PKalltheway
08-20-2006, 05:29 PM
They could surprise some people.One thing's for sure:The A.L. Central
is now one of the deepest divisions in baseball.
Now that they've canned their old GM, I guess you could call them more competitive, but I still think that they have a long way to go before they'll be contenders again. They had it all going in 2003, but they ****ed it all up the following year. If they do put together another winning season in the next few years, I think their new GM will be smart enough to keep making the right moves to build a contender.

chisoxmike
08-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Too bad they play us like the two teams are fighting for first place and they lay down for the Tigers.

PKalltheway
08-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Too bad they play us like the two teams are fighting for first place and they lay down for the Tigers.
I know. That REALLY pisses me off!! I remember when they played every game against the Sox like it was the seventh game of the World Series back in 2000 (although they did have Damon, Beltran, Dye, and Sweeney all on the team back then).

buehrle4cy05
08-20-2006, 05:39 PM
KC has a scrappy offense, but guys like Sanders, Sweeney, and Grudzielanek are aging fast. DeJesus has turned into a reliable leadoff hitter and Teahen will be a force in the middle of that lineup for years to come. They do have some promising prospects (Butler, Gordon), but they don't have enough pitching. They'll be in the basement in the division until that changes.

Clembasbal
08-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Buddy Bell said the rest of the season is a show for him to see about next year basically. So a bunch of young kids trying to make it on the 2007 roster, they are going to play big. Heck, the luxury of the big leagues and more money - a lot more money will motivate a lot of players to do well.

More power to them, they have been pitiful for years and they need to come out of that cellar (no better than 2nd place, 1st is reserved for the good guys!)

gobears1987
08-20-2006, 07:11 PM
I said that exact same thing a couple of weeks ago when the Sox were in KC. THey have been playing .500 ball ever since they got the new GM. That certainly is respectable considering what they were. I infact predict them to pass the Toons next year.