PDA

View Full Version : Now we know why AJ was wiping nose at 1B!!!

caulfield12
08-20-2006, 06:55 AM
http://www.startribune.com/509/story/624529.html

What else is new, another AJ controversy!!!

southside rocks
08-20-2006, 07:02 AM
I love AJ. :D:

I sent him an article earlier this year about why he's booed so much, and asked him to sign it and send it back to me. He did. It's framed and hanging with my ALCS and WS and parade front pages from 2005. Good fan relations, AJ, I'll never boo you!

The guys on BT last night played the clip of that AJ hit/RBI and said that AJ is "in touch with his inner jerk." Made me laugh.

voodoochile
08-20-2006, 07:40 AM
Shades of Manos doing the heart tap thing after smacking a big HR against the flubbies.

Got to love AJ. He's a leader through and through. Hopefully he is heating up again too, that would rock.

In fact if the entire team got white hot for the next 5 games, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest...:tongue:

PeteWard
08-20-2006, 08:01 AM
http://www.startribune.com/509/story/624529.html

What else is new, another AJ controversy!!!

Oh my god, AJ's obviously a coke fiend!!!:bandance:

samram
08-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Hahaha. I love AJ. He's completely full of it. If he had his way, he would have run right into the Twinks' dugout and did it.:D:

soxinem1
08-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Back in 2003 my son and I we working in the garage and were listening to the Sox play the Twins. Sox had a big lead and almost blew it when they had to get Jose Paniagua in the game. After the game, AJ remarked to the press that even though they lost, the game would spark them to overtake the Sox, and it did.

After hearing him, I made a few remarks like jerk, ****starter, etc.

My son then asked me if I would ever want this jerk on the White Sox.

I responded 'Hell, yes!! We need some jerks like him!'

He looked at me like I just sprouted onions for hair. I explained to him why we need people like AJ on our teams.

Then, about 16 months later, he called me excitedly to tell me the White Sox had just signed him.

Still ranks as one of KW's best signings......

Clembasbal
08-20-2006, 10:00 AM
There is just something about AJ, whether he stills or pot or not, somebody is always looking over his shoulder.

And to be honest, you just have to love the passion, fire, and desire he has. Win at all costs.

caulfield12
08-20-2006, 10:23 AM
I don't think you're ever going to find a better signing than Jenks, but Dye/Iguchi/AJ come in a close second for me, especially considering what we had in our system (or had used in 2004 on the roster) to play those positions.

I'm sure Bill Stoneman can justify letting Turnbow and Jenks go somehow, but that would have been the most lethal pen in history...Jenks, Turnbow, Donnelly, Shields, K-Rod, Escobar, etc.

Britt Burns
08-20-2006, 10:25 AM
Ha! AJ rules...

buehrle4cy05
08-20-2006, 10:44 AM
Gotta love this quote from Ozzie:
"His own mother boos him," White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said.

caulfield12
08-20-2006, 11:04 AM
Yeah, every time a national crew comes into to do a game, we have to hear that line over and over again as if they've just discovered it. I think it was said about two months ago the first time.

jackbrohamer
08-20-2006, 11:12 AM
I'd love to hear a Twinkie player or coach complain because AJ touched his nose. That would be patheic even for an organization whose players never stop whining.

Baby Fisk
08-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Everything about Twins baseball is infused with dorkiness.

TomBradley72
08-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Snifflegate.:D:

Justagirl
08-20-2006, 12:45 PM
"My nose has been running all day," he said. "The video guy thought I went like this [shush.] If you noticed, all game, I was doing this [wiping nose.] The video guy, when I got back in, said, 'You're going to be on ESPN, they caught you doing this [shush].' I said, 'No I didn't, I went like this to my nose.'Whats the big deal? Its not like he was going like this [shush]. He was just doing this [wiping nose]:wink:

Kub_Killer_15
08-20-2006, 03:45 PM
I was at the game last night when AJ did that. AJ was getting booed consistantly so I took my Pierzynksi jersey and started waving it around and the Twin fans would boo me. Then Twin fans started the wave so I took my pinstripe sox flag and waved it around when the wave got into my section then Twin fans really got hot with me but I didnt care :D:

chisoxfanatic
08-20-2006, 05:57 PM
I don't get why the Twins even boo AJ in the first place. It's not anything like the Chris Chelios situation with us Blackhawks fans! AJ did not DEMAND to be traded anywhere! Did he say anything bad about the organization after he was traded to San Francisco?

As far as I'm concerned, there is absolutely no reason for Twins fans to have any hate for AJ! This makes me think they're a bunch of lemmings up there who do things just because it seems to be the "cool thing to do."

beckett21
08-20-2006, 06:32 PM
I don't get why the Twins even boo AJ in the first place. It's not anything like the Chris Chelios situation with us Blackhawks fans! AJ did not DEMAND to be traded anywhere! Did he say anything bad about the organization after he was traded to San Francisco?

As far as I'm concerned, there is absolutely no reason for Twins fans to have any hate for AJ! This makes me think they're a bunch of lemmings up there who do things just because it seems to be the "cool thing to do."

Any rational Twins fan would, or should, agree with you.

Pierzynski was basically sent packing when their prodigal son was drafted and handed the catching job. As well he should have been.

It just probably doesn't sit well with them that he now plays for their arch-rivals. Doesn't make it right, but I can understand it.

Kub_Killer_15
08-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by chisoxfanatic

I asked the Twin fans why they were booing AJ and all they had to say is "He is a jerk and were glad for him to be gone" Still makes no sence to boo him if your glad that hes gone! Who knows what is wrong with Twins and Indians fans booing former team players like Pierzynski and Thome. I cant remember when we booed somebody that got traded to a differnt team with out saying anything bad about the former team.

chisoxfanatic
08-20-2006, 07:06 PM
It just probably doesn't sit well with them that he now plays for their arch-rivals.

AND that he not only plays for their arch-rivals, but he won the WORLD SERIES playing for their arch-rivals! :D:

MarySwiss
08-20-2006, 07:16 PM
What was sort of weird was what happened today when AJ came in to pinch-hit. The Twins fans booed him, but when the cameras panned the crowd, many of them were smiling, like "okay, we're booing, but we don't really mean it."

:?:

CaptainBallz
08-20-2006, 07:16 PM

No joke... "Smell those RBI's"????:rolleyes:

How lame...

palehozenychicty
08-21-2006, 03:31 AM

POTW.

BadBobbyJenks
08-26-2006, 05:03 PM
[/i]

I asked the Twin fans why they were booing AJ and all they had to say is "He is a jerk and were glad for him to be gone" Still makes no sence to boo him if your glad that hes gone! Who knows what is wrong with Twins and Indians fans booing former team players like Pierzynski and Thome. I cant remember when we booed somebody that got traded to a differnt team with out saying anything bad about the former team.

And this leads me to my favorite AJ quote of all time something along these lines, "I dont know why they boo me in minnesota, I brought them Liriano Nathan and Boof, They should put my face next to Puckett's"

TBGH
08-27-2006, 01:32 AM
And this leads me to my favorite AJ quote of all time something along these lines, "I dont know why they boo me in minnesota, I brought them Liriano Nathan and Boof, They should put my face next to Puckett's"

I am a Twins fan, and I would never boo AJ. Most of us wouldn't.

TBGH
08-27-2006, 10:01 AM
No joke... "Smell those RBI's"????:rolleyes:

How lame...
RBIs, Ribeyes. Like steak. The Twins call them steak. So they smell them like they are on the bar-b-que. It is a rallying point. Whatever it takes. personally I love it. Just like the piranhas reference. Anything to help you win.

TBGH
08-27-2006, 10:06 AM
I'd love to hear a Twinkie player or coach complain because AJ touched his nose. That would be patheic even for an organization whose players never stop whining.

Wow, when do the Twins whine? And what about? If you have no facts, don't put this on a site. It really makes you sound dumb. The Twins never whine, which is why they are routinely the organization of the year in MLB.

Now, not ONE TIME, NEVER, has anyone associated with the Twins ever complained about AJ. Gardy was just on the radio 5 minutes ago talking about AJ and how he loves to talk to him. The Twins know AJ better than anyone, and so do Twins fans. I thought it was funny when he that nose thing. I think he wishes he were still here, and he is being "one of the guys." No one in the Twins organization would ever complain about that. You need to get a clue.

voodoochile
08-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Wow, when do the Twins whine? And what about? If you have no facts, don't put this on a site. It really makes you sound dumb. The Twins never whine, which is why they are routinely the organization of the year in MLB.

Now, not ONE TIME, NEVER, has anyone associated with the Twins ever complained about AJ. Gardy was just on the radio 5 minutes ago talking about AJ and how he loves to talk to him. The Twins know AJ better than anyone, and so do Twins fans. I thought it was funny when he that nose thing. I think he wishes he were still here, and he is being "one of the guys." No one in the Twins organization would ever complain about that. You need to get a clue.
Why would AJ and his Series ring wish he were still a Twinkie? You're a troll and now you're gone.

Thanks... I needed that...

Baby Fisk
08-27-2006, 11:32 AM
VOODOOCHILE = :walkoff:

Justagirl
08-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Why would AJ and his Series ring wish he were still a Twinkie? You're a troll and now you're gone.

Owned.

SoxandtheCityTee
08-27-2006, 04:49 PM
You're a troll and now you're gone.

And you're not the only one (who needed it).

Twinkies trolls are such a rare breed. If the Twins and Gardenhire have such pure love for AJ and never mind a thing he does maybe the troll could explain why AJ got plunked today. Oh that's right, he can't, he's banned. Too bad.

CaptainBallz
08-27-2006, 09:07 PM
So sad. It didn't even seem like he was intending to troll, but his natural cream-filled Twinkieness got the best of him. Not the brightest lad either.

BTW, the whole "Ribeye" thing makes this even more lame.

Now mush.

miker
08-28-2006, 09:46 AM
AND that he not only plays for their arch-rivals, but he won the WORLD SERIES playing for their arch-rivals! :D:
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

SoxFan76
08-30-2006, 05:26 PM
I went to 2 of the games in Minny a couple weeks ago. I have no problem with the fans because they really don't say anything. They're pretty much silent for the whole game until the 8th inning.

And they are lame. TC, the mascot, is worse than Southpaw. At least Southpaw kind of stays back in the distance. TC is some sort of phenomenon. They love him, riding through the outfield on his ATV. That crazy beaver.

And for the field sucking, it's not just the field. It's the audio and the video, the pre-game intros (or lack thereof), just a horrible place to watch a ballgame. Oh yeah, and there are no beer vendors. Well there are, you might see 1 every 3 innings go down the aisle. 2 bonuses though: Bud Light and Coke. I am not a Pepsi/Miller Lite fan. So that was nice.

Kub_Killer_15
09-03-2006, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by SoxFan76
they are lame. TC, the mascot, is worse than Southpaw. At least Southpaw kind of stays back in the distance. TC is some sort of phenomenon. They love him, riding through the outfield on his ATV. That crazy beaver.

Did you see the Homerun derby before the game TC got 3 homeruns and only one guy got a homerun besides him! How can you hit a homerun in a bear suit?:o: