PDA

View Full Version : Full text of "piranhas" quote about Twins

caulfield12
08-20-2006, 07:17 AM
''[The Twins] have three kids they don't even talk about,'' Guillen said. ''Nobody talks about [Jason] Tyner, [expletive] 'Ty Cobb' [Nick] Punto and their shortstop [Jason Bartlett], and they're kicking everybody's ass, at least my ass.
''This team beats you so many ways. You wake up, they look like little [expletive] piranhas. All of a sudden, you wake up, you ain't got no meat [on your arm]. All those little piranhas. A blooper here, a blooper there, beat out a ground ball, then the first baseman [Justin Morneau] hits a home run. Then they're up by four. How the hell are they up by four?''

suntimes.com

More classic Ozzie. He's back.

When I sit down and look at the lineup, give me the New York Yankees. Give me those guys because they've got holes. You can pitch around them, you can pitch to them. These little guys? Castillo and all of them?

"People worry about the catcher, what's his name, Mauer? Fine, yeah, a good hitter, but worry about the little [guys], they're on base all the time."
Guillen wasn't sure about the first baseman's name, either, but he thinks Justin Morneau deserves MVP votes.
"I look up and the first baseman has 105 RBI," Guillen said. "Nobody even talks about that guy. People talk about Big Papi [former Twin David Ortiz]. This kid has 105 and he spent one month wasting his time because he didn't do [anything] in April and May."
Guillen loves scrappy players, so he saved his highest praise for left fielder Jason Tyner, shortstop Jason Bartlett and third baseman Nick Punto.
Did I call him Nick? Sorry. "Nobody talks about Tyner and Joe 'Ty Cobb' Punto," Guillen said. "And that shortstop. We worry about Hunter and Morneau and the guy who kicks our [butts] is the three guys who nobody knows their names. "Punto -- last night I said, I'm going to walk this [guy] to face Morneau."

from startribune.com

caulfield12
08-20-2006, 07:23 AM
''You take the White Sox away from Santana, he'll win 12 games, seven games,'' Guillen said. ''He wouldn't be a Cy Young Award winner. Twenty wins one year ... you take Santana away from the White Sox, he beat us like seven times last year.''

Actually, Santana was only 2-2 against the Sox in his '04 season, but he did go 4-0 with a 0.92 ERA against them last season in his 16-7 campaign.
This year, the left-hander is already 2-1 with a 2.57 ERA against the Sox.

''He should pay our ass for winning the Cy Young,'' Guillen continued. ''He should send us the [expletive] trophy.
''I'm gonna be mad at Santana because of that? No. He shoves it up our ass, that's the way it is.''

suntimes.com

caulfield12
08-20-2006, 07:29 AM
"We really stink at holding baserunners. Stink," Guillen said. "The worst I've ever seen, and I'm not going to blame it on my catchers. ... It's not just Minnesota. Everyone who has a uniform, they steal a base against the White Sox."

Memo to Freddy from Ozzie (www.dailysouthtown.com)