PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Attendance Number...

vegetagd
08-19-2006, 10:08 PM
To date this season, not one home game has seen less than 20,000 at USC. 2005 had 15 & 2004 had 26 games with less than 20,000 butts in the seats. That has to be huge for the clubs revenue stream.

With our current staff's eye for talent, the extra cash should go a long way when adding players to fill holes in our squad going forward.

Soxfanspcu11
08-19-2006, 10:10 PM
:DJ
"UH OH!!!!!"

ALWAYS wanted to do that! Sweet! :supernana:

PalehosePlanet
08-19-2006, 10:30 PM
I think the season ticket base will remain above 20 G's for a looong time. This a new era people and I have no problem scuffling for tix on occasion so long as I know the organization is seriously trying to win championships.

cbotnyse
08-19-2006, 10:30 PM
:tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

RadioheadRocks
08-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Don't say "the A word"!!!

zmz723
08-19-2006, 10:38 PM
OMG AN ATTENDENCE THREAD. I havent been around long enough to know why they are so evil.

IA_soxfan
08-20-2006, 02:21 AM
OMG AN ATTENDENCE THREAD. I havent been around long enough to know why they are so evil.

Because before this season some posters would get on a soap box and harang the WSI community after a home game with sub-par attendance, lecturing about what terrible fans we were and basically trying to lay a huge guilt trip on anybody who didn't go to the game.

Vegetagd's post about "the A word" was very positive and talked about how this year's increased attendance will be a boon to our payroll. I get the feeling he'll be alright, but it is always smart to tread lightly when posting about attendance issues.

PS - What a relief it was when those stupid threads were banished forever. Here's to the mods! :gulp:

DaleJRFan
08-20-2006, 04:55 AM
I'll tell ya, the games are a heckuva lot more fun to be at this season. Is it the larger turnout? Was it the WS?? Who knows, but there's just something better about a sellout at USCF than anywhere else.

ewokpelts
08-20-2006, 11:35 AM
The ST base is 21,000.
So you'll never see attendance below that number, barring a makeup game due to rain.

Hitmen77
08-20-2006, 05:46 PM
I agree that "attendance" does become relevant when you're talking about revenue and how that will help the Sox keep or acquire the appropriate talent. I also have no problem with people remarking at how great turnout has been this year at the ballpark.

I don't want to make attendance a big issue though. Then, we'll sound like Cub fans. If you ever listen to most Cub fans, attendance is more important to them than winning. Just the other night I heard 2 Cub fans talking about their favorite team at a restaurant and they just went on and on about how great their attendance is and how it's still better than the Sox attendance. :rolleyes: Glad to hear that's better than winning championships. Cubdumb must be the only fanbase on the entire planet that cares so much about attendance.

Frater Perdurabo
08-20-2006, 05:52 PM
I agree that "attendance" does become relevant when you're talking about revenue and how that will help the Sox keep or acquire the appropriate talent. I also have no problem with people remarking at how great turnout has been this year at the ballpark.

I don't want to make attendance a big issue though. Then, we'll sound like Cub fans. If you ever listen to most Cub fans, attendance is more important to them than winning. Just the other night I heard 2 Cub fans talking about their favorite team at a restaurant and they just went on and on about how great their attendance is and how it's still better than the Sox attendance. :rolleyes: Glad to hear that's better than winning championships. Cubdumb must be the only fanbase on the entire planet that cares so much about attendance.

Great post. I don't care about attendance for the sake of attendance (like many Cub fans do), but I'm so very pleased that more butts in the seats (and by extension more concessions, parking, etc. revenues) means the Sox have more payroll flexibility.

HebrewHammer
08-20-2006, 10:03 PM

Just wait...