PDA

View Full Version : I'm goin' to the Wrigley URINAL!

Foulke You
02-22-2002, 11:27 AM
I scored 4 lower deck seats all next to each other to the Sunday game and 2 for the Saturday Afternoon in the nosebleeds that are same seat numbers but 1 row behind. I will be venturing to unholy urinal country. I almost decided not to go this year but I know how much it makes my skin crawl to see Flub fans all over Comiskey Park during the crosstown series so I felt it was only proper to return the favor. Besides, it's nice to see the Sox play in their grey unis, pound lumps on the beloved, and watch Paul Knonerko homeruns bounce onto Waveland ave.

P.S. Tickets.com still blows BIG chunks. By some miracle I got through the phone lines on my way to work. And...I hope this is a good omen, I was on the Dan Ryan right near 35th street when I got through to tickets.com operators (after trying for an hour) and I decided to exit. I completed the transaction with my car parked on Shields overlooking Comiskey Park. Coincidence? Good Omen? I hope so.

:manos
"I've been practicing my Sammy love taps!"

cheeses_h_rice
02-22-2002, 11:39 AM
Me too, although there are no more pairs together. I got 2 for the Friday game (3 rows apart), and settled for single seats to Saturday and Sunday.

Try the phone number 800-843-2827 rather than the Tickets.com website, which is worthless.

Good luck to everyone!

PaleHoseGeorge
02-22-2002, 01:10 PM
Just make sure you pay attention to where you step. You'll be fine.

:smile:

ScottyTheSoxFan
02-22-2002, 03:28 PM
Yeah disinfectant would be a good idea. keep the cubby fans off ya.

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-22-2002, 03:28 PM
I give you guys credit. The only way they'd get me into wrigley is in a casket. What do you guys do, bring a cruxifix.

As my nephew put it last year when he went there, the quote from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade when Indy and father are in Berlin.
"We are strangers in an unholy land"

Bring some lysol to spray yourself down when you leave!
Be carefull. :gulp:

CubKilla
02-22-2002, 08:58 PM
I'm one of the fortunate few who gets to travel to Wrigley once a year, during the Crosstown series, because my uncle always scores 4 tix for me and my Sox buds. He works for a Cub sponsor. They get a brick of tix for almost every game. I only ask for tix to one game a year. I have almost been assaulted once for partying when the Sox won in 2000 and just kicked back and relaxed in 2001 when :manos and :walnuts used sCrUBBIE pitching for batting practice. Hope to see some WSI faithful in the UNFRIENDLY CONFINED this year.

Daver
02-22-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow
I'm one of the fortunate few who gets to travel to Wrigley once a year, during the Crosstown series, because my uncle always scores 4 tix for me and my Sox buds. He works for a Cub sponsor. They get a brick of tix for almost every game. I only ask for tix to one game a year. I have almost been assaulted once for partying when the Sox won in 2000 and just kicked back and relaxed in 2001 when :manos and :walnuts used sCrUBBIE pitching for batting practice. Hope to see some WSI faithful in the UNFRIENDLY CONFINED this year.

I only go to Wrigley if I am getting paid to be there,and the grounds crew frowns on "watering the ivy",between us and the electricians we managed to kill 5 feet of it a couple years ago.:redneck

Nellie_Fox
02-23-2002, 12:57 AM
I'm one of the fortunate few who gets to travel to Wrigley once a year
I gotta say, I don't see anything fortunate about going to Wrigley.

FarWestChicago
02-23-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

I gotta say, I don't see anything fortunate about going to Wrigley. I have to agree with you, Nellie. But, I must admit I would have loved to have been there last year to see Manos doing his Sham-ME impression live. :smile:

RedPinStripes
02-23-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I have to agree with you, Nellie. But, I must admit I would have loved to have been there last year to see Manos doing his Sham-ME impression live. :smile:

I was there with CubsF'NbLOW last year. It was great!

:manos

Nellie_Fox
02-23-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I was there with CubsF'NbLOW last year. It was great!

Sorry, I wouldn't go to Wrigley to witness the second coming.

FarWestChicago
02-23-2002, 01:23 AM

Sorry, I wouldn't go to Wrigley to witness the second coming. Damn Nellie, you drive a hard bargain. That Manos performance is about as close as you'll get in The Urinal. :smile:

Nellie_Fox
02-23-2002, 01:29 AM
Damn Nellie, you drive a hard bargain. That Manos performance is about as close as you'll get in The Urinal. :smile:
lol....I know I'm being unreasonable about it, but that's the way it is. I haven't been to Wrigley since I was 13 (nearly 40 years ago) and I cheered for the Milwaukee Braves that day. Now I understand that my presence is to the benefit of the Cubs, and that won't happen.

FarWestChicago
02-23-2002, 01:47 AM

lol....I know I'm being unreasonable about it, but that's the way it is. I haven't been to Wrigley since I was 13 (nearly 40 years ago) and I cheered for the Milwaukee Braves that day. Now I understand that my presence is to the benefit of the Cubs, and that won't happen. That's funny. The last time I was there I was about the same age and cheering for the Atlanta Braves. :smile:

Nellie_Fox
02-23-2002, 01:55 AM
That's funny. The last time I was there I was about the same age and cheering for the Atlanta Braves. :smile:
I'm so old.

FarWestChicago
02-23-2002, 02:30 AM

I'm so old. You are younger than my brother. And he's doing quite well. I wouldn't mess with him. :smile:

CubKilla
02-23-2002, 10:56 AM
Sorry all. I meant to say UNFORTUNATE. I made a typo. Forgiveness please. RPS can vouch for me on this one.

RedPinStripes
02-23-2002, 02:15 PM
Sorry all. I meant to say UNFORTUNATE. I made a typo. Forgiveness please. RPS can vouch for me on this one.

For sure. You forgot to tell them abou the 3 times you stood up and yelled "Thiis place is a ***** hole!!" All the flubby fans were upset over that. lol

Foulke You
02-23-2002, 03:00 PM
That's what I'm talkin' about! Making the Cubs fans get upset in their "palace" of a ballpark is worth the trip north. It's also pleasent to see all the sad solemn faces of Cubs fans filing out of Wrigley after the Sox paste 'em! What a glorious bus and "L" ride home it was for my Uncle and I after Valentin and Paulie manhandled the poor Cubs pitching!

thepaulbowski
02-23-2002, 03:06 PM
Did anybody else hear Dave Wills go off on Wrigley Field and Flub fans after the last game at Wrigley. He proceded to mention how the place stinks of urine, the place is hell-hole, the fans are....Well you get the picture. It was one the best things I have ever heard in my life. But, I will give Wrigley field this, it give me my second favorite team: The regularly scheduled oppenent of the Chicago Flubs.

CubKilla
02-23-2002, 10:59 PM
Me and RPS heard it after the game along with our lurker bud Guido. We were in a good mood to begin with, but Wills stating that Wrigley was an antiquated dump with a terrible pressbox that smelled of urine was the icing on the cake.

:moron

"What does David Wills know of my 'shaggin cabin?'"

RedPinStripes
02-24-2002, 03:26 AM
Me and RPS heard it after the game along with our lurker bud Guido. We were in a good mood to begin with, but Wills stating that Wrigley was an antiquated dump with a terrible pressbox that smelled of urine was the icing on the cake.

:moron

"What does David Wills know of my 'shaggin cabin?'"

Shaggin cabbin.......*****!!!!

Ever since that day I've been a huge Wills fan. I met him in the bullpen sports bar over the summer. Seems like a cool guy. After his I hate Wrigley speech, you knew he was from Oak lawn for sure. You da man dave wills!