PDA

View Full Version : What should Dr. Ozzie prescribe?

kevin57
08-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Last year it was noted how Ozzie was a brilliant "psychologist" for the WC White Sox. He seemed to know just when to lighten things up or kick some butt, etc.

Given the team's and the season's dynamics right now, what do you think Dr. Guillen is doing for his "patient"?

WSox597
08-19-2006, 02:21 PM
A couple of his "patients" seem to be in a coma. I don't know if psychologists can help with comas.

Garcia seems uncoachable, as does Uribe. Both have great talent, but seem unable to control it. Cotts looks like an Iron Mike machine out there, he has to be the all-time leader in letting inherited runners score.

Garcia, who has the rep of being a "big game pitcher", couldn't get up for the Twins in the middle of the pennant race. If this isn't a big game, WTH is??

Ozzie doesn't need to counsel his players, in some cases he needs a cattle prod. I mean, both leagues know anybody can steal on Garcia and to some extent Contreras. Can't something be done? Somebody said in another thread that Konerko could steal on Garcia.

Uribe is a good shortstop defensively, usually, but can't anyone convince this man to take a stinking pitch once in a while?

Winning a World Series can spoil fans, I realize, but this team is so close to doing the unthinkable in Chicago baseball, a repeat championship, it would be a crying shame to let a couple of unmotivated players wreck it.

And what does it take to get motivated? Here's a couple of players from basically third-world countries, poor countries, making MILLIONs!! And they can't get up for games??? What would motivate these guys, machine guns? Bayonets? Airplanes strafing the field?

It may all blow over, and a winning streak will help, but some of these guys need to go. Whatever happens with the playoffs, Cotts needs to go, and so does Garcia. The problem is finding someone dumb enough to take on his contract along with his piss-poor attitude. The Cubs wouldn't even take him after that line about not getting up for weaker teams. He wouldn't get up for most of the National League. Even Hendry isn't that dumb.

Wait, maybe he is....

FielderJones
08-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Cotts looks like an Iron Mike machine out there, he has to be the all-time leader in letting inherited runners score.

You obviously never saw Salome Barojas or Juan Agosto in action. :puking:

Lip Man 1
08-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Fielder:

Salome had 18 saves in 1982.

Regarding the original question, my feelings are clear...Ozzie needs to go off in a major way. That gets the attention of a veteran club with 40 games left to go in a long season.

Talking to the press and saying 'we didn't play well,' or 'we didn't pitch well...' doesn't solve, change or do squat.

Lip

WSox597
08-19-2006, 03:42 PM
You obviously never saw Salome Barojas or Juan Agosto in action.

Actually, I did. I stand corrected about the all time comment. :smile:

I don't know what is wrong with Cotts, though. No idea at all. It looks like he's out of his element out there. You just know when he comes up, he's going to give up runs. It's pathetic.

caulfield12
08-19-2006, 03:46 PM
If Cotts and Politte didn't have the seasons they did last year, we wouldn't be so disappointed. Then again, they wouldn't have been given so much rope to hang themselves with either.

I feel this is true with Garcia especially...because of what he did LAST season and the stuff he had LAST season, we keep thinking that he will turn it around.

I think it's painfully obvious that won't happen, we have a 5.00 ERA pitcher, he is what he is. At least Buehrle pitches with urgency and keeps his defense on its toes and he keeps runners from stealing with his pick-off move.

mccoydp
08-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Dr. Ozzie needs to prescribe an enema, because this team needs it.

Make it a barium enema...

chisoxfanatic
08-19-2006, 03:59 PM
Dr. Ozzie needs to prescribe an enema, because this team needs it.

Make it a barium enema...

Make that an extra-strength enema for our pitching.

soxfan1983
08-19-2006, 04:10 PM
kenny just needs to trade vasquez, uribe, and cotts to baltimore for tejada and cabrera..... then we wouldnt have this problem :supernana:

Chisox003
08-19-2006, 04:11 PM
kenny just needs to trade vasquez, uribe, and cotts to baltimore for tejada and cabrera..... then we wouldnt have this problem :supernana:
Ya, maybe he should add Politte, Hermanson and a bucket of balls in there too. I mean, who could refuse THAT package?

BV2005
08-19-2006, 05:24 PM
as far as trades go, I would trade Garcia and Uribe for Michael Young.

Frater Perdurabo
08-19-2006, 05:30 PM
as far as trades go, I would trade Garcia and Uribe for Michael Young.

So would I, but Tom Hicks would fire Jon Daniels on the spot if the Rangers made such a move.

StockdaleForVeep
08-19-2006, 05:31 PM
A couple of his "patients" seem to be in a coma. I don't know if psychologists can help with comas.

Garcia seems uncoachable, as does Uribe. Both have great talent, but seem unable to control it. Cotts looks like an Iron Mike machine out there, he has to be the all-time leader in letting inherited runners score.

Garcia, who has the rep of being a "big game pitcher", couldn't get up for the Twins in the middle of the pennant race. If this isn't a big game, WTH is??

Ozzie doesn't need to counsel his players, in some cases he needs a cattle prod. I mean, both leagues know anybody can steal on Garcia and to some extent Contreras. Can't something be done? Somebody said in another thread that Konerko could steal on Garcia.

Uribe is a good shortstop defensively, usually, but can't anyone convince this man to take a stinking pitch once in a while?

Winning a World Series can spoil fans, I realize, but this team is so close to doing the unthinkable in Chicago baseball, a repeat championship, it would be a crying shame to let a couple of unmotivated players wreck it.

And what does it take to get motivated? Here's a couple of players from basically third-world countries, poor countries, making MILLIONs!! And they can't get up for games??? What would motivate these guys, machine guns? Bayonets? Airplanes strafing the field?

It may all blow over, and a winning streak will help, but some of these guys need to go. Whatever happens with the playoffs, Cotts needs to go, and so does Garcia. The problem is finding someone dumb enough to take on his contract along with his piss-poor attitude. The Cubs wouldn't even take him after that line about not getting up for weaker teams. He wouldn't get up for most of the National League. Even Hendry isn't that dumb.

Wait, maybe he is....

Cotts was stellar last year and in the post season, were u complainin about him last year?

About inherited runners, people here complained about how terrible matt thornton was and how he gave up inherited runners, now he's considered a good pitcher?

God this is just like luis vizcaino all over again
and yes, the old adage of "u make millions to play a game, get up"

Do you travel the nation and physically exert yourself from march till octobre and have your performance remain the same?

The team is fine and just not performing, its not attitude. If it was, ozzie woulda fixed it, he did it last year with marte

digdagdug23
08-19-2006, 05:43 PM
How about what does Ozzie need to lay off/

I say stop giving them lithium, for sobbing out loud.

DickAllen72
08-19-2006, 06:03 PM
What he needs to do is play his left handed hitters against Santana tomorrow.

digdagdug23
08-19-2006, 06:34 PM
What he needs to do is play his left handed hitters against Santana tomorrow.

Please teal this, I really can't stand seeing Mack in for BA. :wink:

samram
08-19-2006, 06:47 PM

Actually, it's not a bad strategy because it partially neutralizes Johan's changeup.

WSox597
08-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Do you travel the nation and physically exert yourself from march till octobre and have your performance remain the same?

As a matter of fact, I do. And I have to maintain focus and performance or I won't be working there anymore. We have a saying in our business that applies here, "if you can't get it, you can't stay."

Sounds good to me.

southwstchi4life
08-19-2006, 10:36 PM

Looked fine today. Ill. take his bat anyday over ba.