PDA

View Full Version : time to circle the wagons

harwar
02-22-2002, 10:06 AM
Quote by Ken Williams...We are a team that has lots of upside,and if we focus on driving hard right out of the gate,we can accomplish things."Williams said".But we must stay together.We have to battle some of the outside forces that apparantly surround the club with much of the negativity that comes,whether it be the media or perception that its out there.
" For whatever reason its out there.We recognize it,we're going to fight through it,battle it,stay positive,and stay together.Thats the only thing that can derail us at this point."

I think theres' no question that he is partially talking about the cub biased media. Its great that the White Sox have fight to win the pennant,whats not so great is that they have to fight against the media in their own town.If the White Sox and cubs are ever in a World Series together,i fear that the Sox would be totally ignored.

Kilroy
02-22-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by harwar
I think theres' no question that he is partially talking about the cub biased media.

I think he's talking even more specifically than that. I think he's talking about that Southtown article about Royce Clayton from the other day. But he's probably talking about the Cub-biased media as well.

FarWestChicago
02-22-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

I think he's talking even more specifically than that. I think he's talking about that Southtown article about Royce Clayton from the other day. But he's probably talking about the Cub-biased media as well. Sure Kilroy, I'm sure he was defending Buddy.

Huisj
02-22-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by harwar
If the White Sox and cubs are ever in a World Series together,i fear that the Sox would be totally ignored.

If the sox beat the cubs in a world series ever, the headlines in chicago would read "Cubs fall in world series" instead of saying that the Sox had won it.

voodoochile
02-22-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Huisj

If the sox beat the cubs in a world series ever, the headlines in chicago would read "Cubs fall in world series" instead of saying that the Sox had won it.

No worries - the flubbies will never get there...

Nellie_Fox
02-22-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
Actually, the headline would probably just be: "ARMAGEDDON!"