PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Roll Call: Sox at Twins, August 18-20

hi im skot
08-17-2006, 10:56 PM
That's right, gang!

Who's going to be in Minneapolis this weekend to cheer on the good guys?

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Look for me in the Ventura road jersey on Saturday and the AJ all-star jersey on Sunday.

Also, seat location...

Saturday: Sec 115, row 13
Sunday: Sec 220, row 1

Come on by and say hello!

(P.S. Any good places to eat near the dome?)

Babe The Blue Ox
08-18-2006, 12:11 AM
(P.S. Any good places to eat near the dome?)

What do you like to eat?

MUsoxfan
08-18-2006, 12:46 AM
There's alot of stuff near the dome. I didn't have a problem finding something. Minneapolis is a great city to visit

hi im skot
08-18-2006, 07:59 AM
What do you like to eat?

Honestly?

Cheap is good. A nice diner, perhaps? Good sandwiches...anything you reccommend!

dickallen15
08-18-2006, 08:17 AM
I think I would want to avoid the Sunday match-up of Santana vs. Vazquez. I heard on ESPN that the Twins have won each of the last 18 games Santana has started at the Metrodome. Couple that with it being a big game and sending Vazquez to the mound, I don't like the White Sox chances of coming away with a win. Hopefully, they will get the first 2 or at least 1 of them. In the grand scheme of things, its not that bad to throw Vazquez out there in a game you most likely will lose anyway.

hi im skot
08-18-2006, 08:20 AM
I think I would want to avoid the Sunday match-up of Santana vs. Vazquez. I heard on ESPN that the Twins have won each of the last 18 games Santana has started at the Metrodome. Couple that with it being a big game and sending Vazquez to the mound, I don't like the White Sox chances of coming away with a win. Hopefully, they will get the first 2 or at least 1 of them. In the grand scheme of things, its not that bad to throw Vazquez out there in a game you most likely will lose anyway.

:vazquez:
"Bring 'em on!"

Mots09
08-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Sunday I am in section 220 row 4 w/ a few buddies, look for me in a gray game worn Baldwin jersey

Panpan21
08-18-2006, 09:07 AM
We'll be there for Friday and Saturday for sure. Possibly Sunday if my wallet can afford it.

Tonite we'll be in section 218, row 8. Just gonna scalp better tickets for Saturday's game. The best thing about going to these games: Scalpers. It's totally legal here as long as they are not on the Twins property. So they just stand across the street.

Anyway, there's a place right across from the Metrodome called Hubert H. Humphrey's (Humps for short). Good food, lots o' beer. One of my favorite places to go in the cities to eat. Love their wings.

We'll be at Humps tonite before the game. I'll be wearing my Crede, my sis will be in her AJ, and wifey will be in her Pods jersey. Hope to see a good turn out of WSI'ers!!!! Lemmie know if anyone else will be there!!!

hi im skot
08-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Sunday I am in section 220 row 4 w/ a few buddies, look for me in a gray game worn Baldwin jersey

In my section...and from the Quad Cities, no less (Just moved from the QC in June)!

Mots09
08-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Skot how old are you?

hi im skot
08-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Skot how old are you?

Check your PMs. :smile:

eurotrash35
08-18-2006, 10:52 AM
saturday and sunday :cool:

220 row 4 I guess for sunday and I don't know where we'll be for saturday.

Panpan21
08-18-2006, 12:40 PM
BTW, for Sunday's game. Here's a fun fact for ya....The Sox have NEVER beaten Santana at home. I think he's 6-0 against us in the rollerdome.

Now is as good a time as any to break this streak!!! Imagine how crushing that defeat would be!!! We stand a great chance to win the first two games this series with Boof and Radke pitching. Radke is having a good year but the Sox have had good luck with him. Now if we can only figure out Santana....

eurotrash35
08-18-2006, 01:30 PM
BTW, for Sunday's game. Here's a fun fact for ya....The Sox have NEVER beaten Santana at home. I think he's 6-0 against us in the rollerdome.

Now is as good a time as any to break this streak!!! Imagine how crushing that defeat would be!!! We stand a great chance to win the first two games this series with Boof and Radke pitching. Radke is having a good year but the Sox have had good luck with him. Now if we can only figure out Santana....

I thought we beat him 2-1 at the dome back in '04. CLee had a 2 run shot in the first that held up.

hi im skot
08-18-2006, 01:32 PM
I thought we beat him 2-1 at the dome back in '04. CLee had a 2 run shot in the first that held up.

Almost positive that's correct.

last game before the all-star break.

Woody28
08-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Just don't murder Twins fans is all I ask and keep Minneapolis clean.

WS in 05
08-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Just don't murder Twins fans is all I ask and keep Minneapolis clean.

twins fans no but, the nine we put out there will murder good ole boof and company

Babe The Blue Ox
08-19-2006, 01:23 AM
OK, most of you who are coming are probably already here, but anyway, here are some places to eat in downtown Minneapolis:

1. Get on the lightrail right outside of the Dome and take it toward the city - just ride it down to its last stop. You'll be near 1st Avenue and the Target Center (where the Wolves play). There are a lot of bars with bar food there, a Hardrock Cafe, etc. If you like that kind of food - and I'm sure you've had it before because it tastes the same in every single city in America - then just go down there. You can get all of the buffalo wings and fried stuffed mushrooms that your heart desires. It's a party atmosphere on the weekends.

2. Go to Nicollet Avenue. It's a bus/cab/bike only street. There are decent restaurants/bars there. Brit's Pub on Nicollet and 11th Avenue has patio seating. You can try lawn bowling. Zelo's is there (good bar; decent food). The Local (Irish restaurant and bar). McCormick's and Schmidts or whatever (it's a chain - seafood).

3. Go to the Warehouse District. Two good Cuban restaurants there on Washington Avenue - Cafe Havana and Babalu.

4. If you have a way to get a little bit out of the downtown area, go to Eat Street, which is further south on Nicollet Avenue. Some of the best Vietnamese food in the States is in the Twin Cities. There is a cafe down there called Jasmine Deli. They have some great sandwiches. Quangs is another Vietnamese restaurant that is decent. There is a German restaurant down there (Black Forest Inn), and a good Mexican joint (Taco Morelos).

There are a lot of good ethnic restaurants near downtown Minneapolis, which is why I asked what type of food you like to eat. If you want "bar food," just go to the bar next to the Dome (Huberts) and I'm sure they will have what you need.