PDA

View Full Version : Who's rich enough to pay thier Playoff invoice in less than 2 weeks?

ewokpelts
08-17-2006, 05:36 PM
I know I'm not.

jenn2080
08-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Nor I. I just asked my mom if she could put my brothers and my tickets on her charge card. Let me tell ya she was stocked....

The Dude
08-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Yes, and my name isn't Reinsdorf but I do have a credit card and half paid through resale of tickets on the exchange.

EDIT: I hope this doesn't turn into a bash JR/Sox org thread because you knew this was coming soon if you planned on getting tickets.

JB98
08-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Hell no. It's going to have to go on my credit card. I might be able to come up with half the money in two weeks, but not the whole amount.

Steelrod
08-17-2006, 05:41 PM
You should have been ready for this. Assuming payment is due by 9/1, that gives them exactly one month to order, print, and deliver 42,000 strips! Actually a lot more than that, considering partial plans that receive 1 or more games. Also allows some time for missing tickets lost in the mail and printing errors.

Scottzilla
08-17-2006, 05:43 PM
oh boo hoo you should be glad you can afford season tickets!

soxfanreggie
08-17-2006, 05:48 PM
If I decided to get season tickets, it would be something I would plan for. However, I guarantee you I'd sell some off to friends (at cost, can't deny them an opportunity to see a Sox playoff win).

Beer Can Chicken
08-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I can afford it but don't want to. Whatever we don't use is at least its that much less we have to put down for 2007 tickets. Although that doesnt do much good for people not planning on renewing.

The Cubs did this to their fans in 2003 and there was alot of uproar amongst them.

JB98
08-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Yes, and my name isn't Reinsdorf but I do have a credit card and half paid through resale of tickets on the exchange.

EDIT: I hope this doesn't turn into a bash JR/Sox org thread because you knew this was coming soon if you planned on getting tickets.

It won't turn into a bash JR thread, but it looks like it's well on its way to being a thread with non-ticket holders tsk-tsking those who are season-ticket holders for "not planning" properly. :D:

Beer Can Chicken
08-17-2006, 05:56 PM
If I decided to get season tickets, it would be something I would plan for. However, I guarantee you I'd sell some off to friends (at cost, can't deny them an opportunity to see a Sox playoff win).

Its pretty hard to sell tickets to friends for games that don't technically exist yet.

JB98
08-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Its pretty hard to sell tickets to friends for games that don't technically exist yet.

True, but it will be a pretty easy sell the first week of October. I'm sure I'll make some of my money back.

LongLiveFisk
08-17-2006, 06:01 PM
So about how much is this amount anyway?

JB98
08-17-2006, 06:18 PM

Depends on where your seats are. Mine is $605. I've got about $350 or so saved. That's probably about the amount I'll end up spending on the deal. I'll recoup the rest from whoever goes to the games with me.

MrRoboto83
08-17-2006, 06:29 PM
I had $3000 in my ticketexchange fund, so mine are paid for. :smile:

chisoxmike
08-17-2006, 06:46 PM
No, I'm doing this in installments for the next 2 weeks. I wish they'd send them out at the beginning of August. But, again, I knew it was coming.

I just put up tickets for sale on the White Sox Ticket Exchange to help offset some of the cost. Hopefully they sell.

Chips
08-17-2006, 06:54 PM
I had $3000 in my ticketexchange fund, so mine are paid for. :smile:

Dude and I had about $1100, $1200 on it, so it came to about $500 a piece for each of us.

I have a check in my hand that I will give him tonight.

So to answer the question, yes I am rich enough to pay for the playoff tickets. :smile:

chisoxfanatic
08-17-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm definitely not Reinsdorf; however, I have more than enough money to pay for my postseason tickets ($370, 1 seat).

Hunker down
08-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Iíll put the tickets on my credit card and worry about the money later. You know the bill is coming for play-off tickets, canít complain now. Thatís one of the reason you have season tickets is to guarantee play-off tickets:gulp:

gobears1987
08-17-2006, 08:34 PM
It won't turn into a bash JR thread, but it looks like it's well on its way to being a thread with non-ticket holders tsk-tsking those who are season-ticket holders for "not planning" properly. :D:Woo hoo! Just what this forum needed!

Cuck the Fubs
08-17-2006, 08:53 PM

It's over $2,000 for me.........

my poor savings account.............

Cat Thief
08-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Iíll put the tickets on my credit card and worry about the money later. You know the bill is coming for play-off tickets, canít complain now. Thatís one of the reason you have season tickets is to guarantee play-off tickets:gulp:

:thumbsup:

batmanZoSo
08-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Yeah, but I don't wanna.

:moonwalk:

jabrch
08-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Feels to me like we are approaching a new low in terms of digging for things to complain about...

"My world series ticket bill is too high!"

Chips
08-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Feels to me like we are approaching a new low in terms of digging for things to complain about...

"My world series ticket bill is too high!"

Isn't it?

When you bought season tickets for 2006, did anyone not expect them to go the playoffs?

And is it really that expensive where you have to be rich to afford the tickets?

jabrch
08-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Isn't it?

When you bought season tickets for 2006, did anyone not expect them to go the playoffs?

And is it really that expensive where you have to be rich to afford the tickets?

And if you can't afford it, nobody is putting a gun to your head. My bill is a lot of freaking money. I'm not sure if I have it extra to spare right now for a number of reasons. But I'll be damned if I ever complain that the price of post season tickets, or the amount of time I have to pay the bill is bad.

Can you imagine the noise if we don't make the playoffs? (money is NON-REFUNDABLE unless you choose to cancel your season tickets for next year.)

Chips
08-17-2006, 11:16 PM
And if you can't afford it, nobody is putting a gun to your head. My bill is a lot of freaking money. I'm not sure if I have it extra to spare right now for a number of reasons. But I'll be damned if I ever complain that the price of post season tickets, or the amount of time I have to pay the bill is bad.

Can you imagine the noise if we don't make the playoffs? (money is NON-REFUNDABLE unless you choose to cancel your season tickets for next year.)

But that money would pay for the 2007 seats.

Deuce
08-17-2006, 11:18 PM
I had it. I paid it. I have no regrets.

Now all I need are the White Sox to get to the World Series...

DumpJerry
08-17-2006, 11:33 PM
For a micomillisecond, I thoughtit would be nice if the Sox did not make the playoffs, then I would have a $3,000+ credit for next year. Don't worry. cooler heads prevailed. I'm guessing only 6 of the 11 games are actually played. That will be me a credit of $1310 for next year and another ring to wear! If we're the WC, then the minimum to be played at home for a World Series repeat is 5 games if we sweep all series.

jabrch
08-17-2006, 11:37 PM
But that money would pay for the 2007 seats.

Right - but some people will surely bitch about "loaning the Sox money"

Chips
08-17-2006, 11:53 PM
Right - but some people will surely bitch about "loaning the Sox money"

Well it is an interest free loan.

MrRoboto83
08-17-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm sure not complaining. i was excited to get this bill knowing that I will be sitting in the same seats throughout the playoffs. If the Sox need some cash, I'll give them a loan, I'd help an old friend.:D:

cwsfannick
08-18-2006, 12:02 AM
Credit Card for me. What sucks is property taxes are due soon as well.

BNLSox
08-18-2006, 02:48 AM
some of us had to pay close to these numbers just for one ticket to the world series last year.... post season for face sounds pretty damn nice.

charge it as close to the end of the month as possible.... you wont get billed till the end of sept and won't have to pay it till mid october - you will know by then if they are in and will be able to recoop costs if necessary through sales.

Chicago
08-18-2006, 02:59 AM
I'd help someone pay for theirs in exchange for my money's worth in tickets. face value of course... :D:

voodoochile
08-18-2006, 05:03 AM
Well it is an interest free loan.
:darkcloud:

The Sox are going all the way. THERE IS NO LOAN!!! :cool:

StockdaleForVeep
08-18-2006, 05:47 AM
Im terrfied my highest check ive gotten from work so far today would maybe cover half of what some of these prices are

Looks like im watchin the world series at the bar again, unless someone wants to gimme a christmas gift ticket? Batsy and Burgh im looking in your direction, especially since i wasnt invited during the "trip"

SOXSINCE'70
08-18-2006, 07:47 AM
I'd have to charge it on my credit card,if any tickets were availiable.:(:

itsnotrequired
08-18-2006, 08:08 AM
I will be able to pay off the invoice on time but will need to dip into the savings account to do so. I hate carrying balances on my credit cards.

MerryJanuel
08-18-2006, 09:20 AM
I can't be the only one slapping their forehead in disbelief. Does anyone think about what they can or can't AFFORD anymore? There's lots of things I want to buy (WS season tickets being just one), but...I CAN'T AFFORD IT! Try to think more than 5 minutes into the future. Credit card debt can ruin your life. Haven't you seen any of the zillions of commercials for debt relief and bankruptcy? It's better to not get into trouble in the first place.

Tekijawa
08-18-2006, 09:23 AM
I can, but if them make it all the way and use all the tickets then that ST deposit in November might be tough to make...

jenn2080
08-18-2006, 09:39 AM
I can't be the only one slapping their forehead in disbelief. Does anyone think about what they can or can't AFFORD anymore? There's lots of things I want to buy (WS season tickets being just one), but...I CAN'T AFFORD IT! Try to think more than 5 minutes into the future. Credit card debt can ruin your life. Haven't you seen any of the zillions of commercials for debt relief and bankruptcy? It's better to not get into trouble in the first place.

Thanks Peter Francis Geraci.

spiffie
08-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Sounds like someone wants to make sure lots of tickets go on sale to the general public.

MerryJanuel
08-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Yeah, I guess you're all right about it.

By the way, I went out the other day and bought a Lexus SUV. Yeah, I know I can't afford it, but it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance to own one. But now, you know what? I have to fill this thing with gas all the time. Do you know how much that costs? How do they expect me to come up with that kind of money for gas on a regular basis?

Scottiehaswheels
08-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Yeah, I guess you're all right about it.

By the way, I went out the other day and bought a Lexus SUV. Yeah, I know I can't afford it, but it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance to own one. But now, you know what? I have to fill this thing with gas all the time. Do you know how much that costs? How do they expect me to come up with that kind of money for gas on a regular basis?Well slight difference in your questionable line of thinking there Peter.... Sox don't make the playoffs/World Series quite as regularly as you fill up your tank.. Nor as often as you purchase a new car so get a different schtick...

MerryJanuel
08-18-2006, 10:00 AM
That will be small comfort when I file for bankruptcy.

Scottiehaswheels
08-18-2006, 10:03 AM
That will be small comfort when I file for bankruptcy.If you're filing for bankruptcy because you bought a 45k car you're a moron for buying it... If you're filing for bankruptcy over 2k in playoff tix you're just a sad sack... Seriously, stop posting you jealous Cub fan...

MerryJanuel
08-18-2006, 10:07 AM
#1 -- Sox fan, not Cubs

#2 -- You've completely missed my point, so who's the moron?

Bye ... no more time to waste.

Scottiehaswheels
08-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Bye ... no more time to waste.Thanks... I suppose you mean all of ours?

Steelrod
08-18-2006, 10:09 AM
I can't believe some of the crap I am reading here. It seems that anything that happens brings out complainers.
Can you imagine if we make it all the way and don't win each and every game , the cryers will be complaining about no tickets to refund.
It's simple, if you can afford it, do it. If you can't don't. Someone will be very happy either way.

ewokpelts
08-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I knew it was coming, but It's not easy coughing up 5 grand in two weeks. My brother's in the process of selling his house/ buying a new one, my other st partner has cash tied up in other investments, and I'm planning a wedding.

And my brother tries actually going to most of the games on his plan, instead of selling them on the exchange site, so there's not much saved in that area.

Gene

dakuda
08-18-2006, 10:25 AM
I just bought/closed on a house (as in, yesterday) and sold 0 tickets through ticketexchange all season so there is no balance there. I sold a couple games to some people I know though.

Plus, I do not get my first paycheck until Sept 15 (teacher). Tickets will ahve to go on the Visa, which I normaly NEVER use, until I get paid. Luckily, my old neighbor is planning on going and splitting the ticket package next year, so I will begetting some money for the tickets from him, and that will lighten the load for next years tickets.

I knew this was coming, I just honestly expected it to be early next month. No worries. Just have to postpone the payment until September.

Fake Chet Lemon
08-18-2006, 10:51 AM
So if you can't afford them.........then don't buy them.

(Am I missing something here????)

Tekijawa
08-18-2006, 11:03 AM
So if you can't afford them.........then don't buy them.

(Am I missing something here????)

Quit Living in the 50's! This is the year 2006! Buy what you can't afford and then buy more, build up that debt and then work until you're 85 and have your debts willed to future generations! This is ******* American man! Just because we can't afford something doesn't mean we shouldn't have it! Buying only what you can afford went out of style with hairbands! Bling Bling *******!

Just a rant from a financially responsible 29 year old!

miker
08-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Apparently, if the Sox don't make the playoffs, there will be a lot of happy people here? :?:

rwcescato
08-18-2006, 11:37 AM
It won't turn into a bash JR thread, but it looks like it's well on its way to being a thread with non-ticket holders tsk-tsking those who are season-ticket holders for "not planning" properly. :D:

This happens every year and everyone should be ready for it. This is what baseball teams do and if the Sox are going to contend every year then fans should expect it.

MrRoboto83
08-18-2006, 11:46 AM
That will be small comfort when I file for bankruptcy.

If you are filing for bankruptcy, might as well charge those Sox tickets then.

Scottzilla
08-18-2006, 11:50 AM
:threadblows:

canon123
08-18-2006, 12:51 PM
i am proud to make my payment and i am a working man. did you forget about last year already

Scottiehaswheels
08-18-2006, 12:55 PM
i am proud to make my payment and i am a working man. did you forget about last year already:gulp: :welcome: Someone I can agree with.

Steelrod
08-18-2006, 01:04 PM
i am proud to make my payment and i am a working man. did you forget about last year already
You are right, welcome canon123

redsand22
08-18-2006, 02:10 PM
Thanks Peter Francis Geraci.

:rolling: :wired:

Tekijawa
08-18-2006, 02:33 PM
#2 -- You've completely missed my point, so who's the moron?

I thought it was moran?

http://i.xanga.com/Narragansett55/morans.jpg

StockdaleForVeep
08-18-2006, 02:50 PM

Hm, so i guess the sox will be feeding or paying bills too if because of tickets you are unable to keep up on rent

seriously, bills and living should be everyones primary priority

itsnotrequired
08-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Hm, so i guess the sox will be feeding or paying bills too if because of tickets you are unable to keep up on rent

seriously, bills and living should be everyones primary priority

When did he ever say he was sacrificing his family needs for tickets?

canon123
08-18-2006, 05:26 PM
:gulp: :welcome: Someone I can agree with.thanks and you too steelrod

Timmy D's
08-18-2006, 09:14 PM
I popped mine on my Visa. It's everywhere I dont have enough cash to be.:whiner: I'll chip away at it the next month or 2.

Brian26
08-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I knew it was coming, but It's not easy coughing up 5 grand in two weeks. My brother's in the process of selling his house/ buying a new one, my other st partner has cash tied up in other investments, and I'm planning a wedding.

Maybe you need to rethink your priorities. :D:

TornLabrum
08-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Maybe you need to rethink your priorities. :D:

No kidding. Elope and save your money for something important!

alohafri
08-18-2006, 10:08 PM
I can since I share the package :)

soxfanreggie
08-19-2006, 12:26 AM
Sharing tickets is an idea I like. My family used to do that. I don't think starting a job and planning on having kids (and living 2 hours from Chicago) that I would be able to make even half the games.

ewokpelts
08-19-2006, 12:37 PM
No kidding. Elope and save your money for something important!take the teal off....my future father in law suggested that we did the pregame wedding event held earlier this year.
Gene

doogiec
08-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Since it sounds like a lot of people may be using their credit cards for tickets for the first time:

Several times in recent years I've had my credit card payment (for season tickets or postseason tickets) put on temporary security hold by the credit card company.

It seems that someone buying thousands of dollars of baseball tickets at one crack fits their description of a possible fraudulent transaction.

If this is an unusual spending pattern for you, you may want to let the credit card company know in advance that you will be charging these tickets, regardless of your credit line. You want to make sure the credit card company has a good phone number to call you. And if the credit card company calls, don't assume they are telemarketing, return the call just in case. If you don't get back to them, they decline the charge. And I'm not sure what the Sox do with declined charges around Sept 1, but I bet they don't have the time to try to chase those down themselves.

ewokpelts
08-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Since it sounds like a lot of people may be using their credit cards for tickets for the first time:

Several times in recent years I've had my credit card payment (for season tickets or postseason tickets) put on temporary security hold by the credit card company.

It seems that someone buying thousands of dollars of baseball tickets at one crack fits their description of a possible fraudulent transaction.

If this is an unusual spending pattern for you, you may want to let the credit card company know in advance that you will be charging these tickets, regardless of your credit line. You want to make sure the credit card company has a good phone number to call you. And if the credit card company calls, don't assume they are telemarketing, return the call just in case. If you don't get back to them, they decline the charge. And I'm not sure what the Sox do with declined charges around Sept 1, but I bet they don't have the time to try to chase those down themselves.i had this happen to me once....as soon as i told the woman on the line i'm a sox fan, she quickly understood teh many tm and sox charges i had over a 2 week period.